thoughts of KP's videos

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

knicksH20
Likes given: 6

What do you guys think of these episodes that KP uploads for his rehab progress?

As a diehard Knicks fan (yall know me by now), I like them personally, b/c it keeps us informed on his progress. Well, duh.

But a small part of me is like, stop being a diva so early in your career. :blink:
One Team. One New York.

Jamal Crawford
His Crawfulness!
knicksH20

his puppy is SO cute
One Team. One New York.

Jamal Crawford
His Crawfulness!
Muzhik1
Likes given: 0

KP wants that extension this offseason, so he wants to show that he still got it. Knicks should not bite and not give him an extension until he comes back and proves that he can still play.
Ari_Ingus

I dont think KP came up with this idea. Most likely his brothers told so, and he said why not, whatever. PR trick. It doesn`t say anything about KP as person
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 253

I think if he doesn't spoon feed us info every second that he's a diva who thinks he's too good to communicate

I also think that if he spoon feeds us info every second that he's a diva who think he's trying too hard to communicate

But a really think Knick fans are divas who can't simply judge players on physical skills that allow them to put a ball to go through a cylinder or prevent a ball from going into a cylinder.
knicksH20

nazrmohamed wrote:I think if he doesn't spoon feed us info every second that he's a diva who thinks he's too good to communicate

I also think that if he spoon feeds us info every second that he's a diva who think he's trying too hard to communicate

But a really think Knick fans are divas who can't simply judge players on physical skills that allow them to put a ball to go through a cylinder or prevent a ball from going into a cylinder.
:? lebron is a diva. and he's the best.
One Team. One New York.

Jamal Crawford
His Crawfulness!
NewlyKnicked
Likes given: 165

Everyone makes dumb vids about anything nowadays. KP's are far from the dumbest and it nice to see a bit of the backstage of a rehab (even tho those bits are well calibrated and chosen by PR).

Not a diva, just a young star aware of the power of social networks
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2020 Co-NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2021 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
dcapodic

It's a smart move and I actually like it. Let's face it, the immediate future of the franchise depends on KP right now so it is great to see how he is progressing. Counter it with someone like Cespedes for the Mets, where he gets injured and he never speaks to the media and the team never comments about him. He is their highest paid player and someone upon which their fortunes depend yet it is like he has dropped off the face of the earth!
- Me being the resident optimist around this cesspool of doom and gloom, StevoStarks, circa 2019
shakespeare

I think Porzingis will be just fine. The injury might be a blessing in disguise as far as him maturing and developing whatever else needs to be developed.
#TeamTank
Red

Watch "Kristaps Porzingis: ||Prove Them Wrong.|| [HD]" on YouTube
The Mecca of Mess
NewlyKnicked
Likes given: 165

Damn that putback on Aldridge :drool:
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2020 Co-NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2021 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
taowave
Likes given: 846

Some positive news..
The Knicks, though, are confident in his return to max health. Porzingis’ ACL tear, according to sources, didn’t do cartilage damage, making it less severe.
PinoyKnicksFan

taowave wrote:Some positive news..
Saw KP's doctor pre-surgery tell him this. He said KP's injury is unique. It's in one of his earlier episodes.

He really needs to strengthen those chicken legs..
lxn_

have you guys noticed if KP still shot like this last season?.. if he did I really hope he changes it fast.
its a very unnatural motion for the knees especially for a big guy.
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 253

His shooting motion is fine. What he does need to do in many ways is play less athletic. Sounds crazy I know but even when his doctor was taking with Mills he said, the knee will heal fine but he needs to change his physical behaviors.

I took it as he's reckless with his body. Dude jumps like a high jumper to do everything when his hieght, wingspan and skill should be more than enough. And we've seen this before. The Bargnani comparisons were always annoying but Pau Gasol? Not a bad comparison considering Paso was relatively athletic early on. As his career progressed he became less the shifty, athletic jump into empty space player and more the dominate areas of space player. It comes with strength and experience. But KPs gotta learn it. And in today's league he may need to learn it as a C.
taowave
Likes given: 846

The play KP got hurt on was in no way reckless.Just a bad break,no pun intended.

If I remember correctly,guys with long limbs are subject to much greater torque (moment arm x force). He can't stop jumping,so hopefully he gets a bit stronger and luckier..

Below is the basic concept I am referring to.Its been a while since I studied this stuff..

Any exercise phd's on the board?
You push and pull countless objects in all directions every day in the gym, and the human musculoskeletal system is nothing more than an intricate system of levers and pulleys. While we must generate torque to operate these levers and pulleys, we need to gain awareness of how to minimize torque to avoid injury. This brings us to the need to move soundly and resolve forces.
lxn_

nazrmohamed wrote:His shooting motion is fine. What he does need to do in many ways is play less athletic. Sounds crazy I know but even when his doctor was taking with Mills he said, the knee will heal fine but he needs to change his physical behaviors.

I took it as he's reckless with his body. Dude jumps like a high jumper to do everything when his hieght, wingspan and skill should be more than enough. And we've seen this before. The Bargnani comparisons were always annoying but Pau Gasol? Not a bad comparison considering Paso was relatively athletic early on. As his career progressed he became less the shifty, athletic jump into empty space player and more the dominate areas of space player. It comes with strength and experience. But KPs gotta learn it. And in today's league he may need to learn it as a C.
The way he bends his knees inwards when shooting might be something that brings unnecessary stress to his knees. Watch how dirk shoots, look at his knees.
Im no expert but I think it also has something to do with landing mechanics.

hope they watch this, might enlighten them to change his mechanics quick.