The Baron Davis Thread

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

The Baron Davis Thread

Postby Nononsense » December 27, 2011, 2:11 am

I think this acquisition has went under the radar big time, even by Knick fans. Most people seem to think he's washed up and that he will only be a shell of his former self. But if he comes back and just simply gives us what he gave the Cavs, we're in great shape... and I actually think he's capable of giving us much more than he gave the Cavs.

Here's a video of when he beat us as a Cavalier just earlier this year. When you watch the video, imagine Tyson, Amare, and Melo being the recipients of some of these passes.

I believe Baron Davis could easily average 8 to 10 assists in this offense passing to the likes of Tyson, Amare, and Melo.
Take no prisoners: Tyson/Amare/Melo/Shump/Felton
Nononsense

Re: The Baron Davis Thread

Postby Mr. Glass » December 27, 2011, 2:16 am

X2!
Koopa Troopa wrote:Woodson seemed like a genuinely good man and had a truly amazing goatee.
Mr. Glass

Postby big_j_NY » December 27, 2011, 2:17 am

Why don't we just show how Baron was prior to his shitty Clippers years..........that way, even the "shell of Baron Davis" will still look pretty damn good

#KnicksTape
big_j_NY

Postby Nononsense » December 27, 2011, 2:30 am

I hear ya Big J, but I steered clear of those Golden State vids because I didn't want anyone to question whether he'd be at that level for us since that was a while ago. So I just posted the Cleveland vids. I don't think anyone will argue that Baron is capable of giving us what he gave Cleveland.
Nononsense

Postby Nononsense » December 27, 2011, 2:32 am

Mr. Glass wrote:X2!

Plus, Baron grabbed KG by his jersey and shook him pretty good. :happy:
Nononsense

Postby Nononsense » December 27, 2011, 2:37 am

I'm not necessarily holding my breath, but if B-Diddy returns to his Golden State form, we'll have the best starting 5 in the league with B-Diddy, Shump, Melo, STAT, and Tyson.
Nononsense

Postby big_j_NY » December 27, 2011, 2:42 am

Baron Davis took a team of basically third-tier stars (J-Rich), NBA journeymen (S. Jax, Al Harrington) and young up-and-comers (Monta Ellis)........and against Dallas Mavericks squad that appeared in the NBA Finals a year before to the 2nd round of the playoffs. Baron Davis was basically at the "twilight of his prime" at that point, since his prime years were left back during his early years as a Hornet

Even if we don't see that Baron Davis anymore when he is healthy again............50% of the Golden State Baron will still give some really incredible results alongside STAT, Melo & Big Ty
#KnicksTape
big_j_NY

Postby Nononsense » December 27, 2011, 3:35 am

Here's the other game that we played Baron and the Cavs. He reeled off 11 straight points in that particular game. Billups was being exposed badly.

Nononsense

Postby nazrmohamed » December 27, 2011, 11:29 am

Davis looked slow and hobbled in those Cleveland highlights, which gives you a glimpse of what he once was. This guy rattled off 11 pts on sheer ex-star saavyness, imagine if he were in shape? I hope we got our full resources behind his recovery. Not just the back but any alternative technique possible to keep his weight down, an his fast twitch muscles poppin cuz if we could turn back the clock even to those clippers yrs health wise we could really have the best starting five in the league. But to be more realistic, I still think that slow yet saavy Baron is gonna help us dramatically. Teams will focus on our big two so much that Baron won't have to even use athleticism or heroics to score. He'll always be open. But more important he can facilitate an offense. Even now with us moving to more defense and slower basketball I see lots of opportunities where guys just don't get hit for easy buckets. We should be working hard on defense and have it easy on offense. Douglas is making it harder. You got Chandler settin pick after pick and never being rewarded. Even if he doesn't score he's gonna then pass it to Melo or Amare wide open. These little nuances Douglas just doesn't get and it's hurting us. Davis once averaged 12 assists, he'll know how to find the open man and I'm talking about open, in motion, catch and score situations. Easy basketball so when it's time to get serious and hard your stars can just be stars.

Then Douglas goes back to his old role, Shumpert can become our Sg of the future, Fields can spend more time at Sg, Bibby can become more of an insurance policy. And that's how one single player, even past his prime can balance whole roster cuz right now everyone's kindov covering their secondary position. From Douglas to fields .
Ray-ality bites
nazrmohamed

Postby MrMajik2 » December 27, 2011, 11:45 am

Nononsense wrote:Plus, Baron grabbed KG by his jersey and shook him pretty good. :happy:

I thought I was the only one that thought that was pretty bad ass. :laugh:
"Today, we celebrate not just another win vs a rival, but the end of their sadistic rule over our hopes and dreams. There is nothing left to fear. The New York Knicks are just better." - H20Knicks
MrMajik2

Postby dcapodic » December 27, 2011, 11:53 am

MrMajik2 wrote:
I thought I was the only one that thought that was pretty bad ass. :laugh:

I did not see much of the game but this part, I definitely saw....Baron showing his new teammates that he has come in ready to be a Knick....when a guy has your back like that (let's remember, this was Walker, not Melo or Stat) that really gets you some instant cred with a new team....

Now, just need him back on the court....
dcapodic

Postby knicksfan4life » December 27, 2011, 12:18 pm

He looks really fat. That said if he gets in shape, their are few more dangerous players in the league.
The 7-foot-1 Chandler brings size and paint presence the Knicks have lacked in recent seasons. "He brings everything that we didn't have," coach Mike D'Antoni said on Friday, before the deal was announced. "... We got a lot better, real quick."
knicksfan4life

Postby MrMajik2 » December 27, 2011, 12:53 pm

Davis looks like he's in great shape to me. Like a brick.
"Today, we celebrate not just another win vs a rival, but the end of their sadistic rule over our hopes and dreams. There is nothing left to fear. The New York Knicks are just better." - H20Knicks
MrMajik2

Postby big_j_NY » December 27, 2011, 1:15 pm

Baron Davis makes Stephon Marbury & Steve Francis look like after-thoughts
#KnicksTape
big_j_NY

Postby nbafreak724 » December 27, 2011, 1:38 pm

I've always been a fan of Baron Davis, one of my favorite players to watch in the NBA. I really can't wait until he suits up for us for the first time. Remember, he wanted to come here, not Miami and not LAL. That alone tells me that maybe we'll see the old GSW Baron Davis again. He really was one of the premier point guards in the league. Looking forward to seeing how he can help this team.
"Come at the king, you best not miss."
nbafreak724

Postby bobhait » December 27, 2011, 5:46 pm

MrMajik2 wrote:Davis looks like he's in great shape to me. Like a brick.

let's hope his shape is the only thing we'll be using the word "brick" to describe.
Jeremy Lin is NOT that dude
bobhait

Postby gradyandrew » December 28, 2011, 10:51 am

knicksfan4life wrote:He looks really fat. That said if he gets in shape, their are few more dangerous players in the league.

I thought so too. It's so tough to tell with that beard because you have no idea what his neck looks like.
You really can’t be more than what you are, and you really can’t be less than what you are. Just be you.
-Metta World Peace
And the 2013-14 Knicks are a bad team.
gradyandrew

Postby Nononsense » December 29, 2011, 1:32 pm

Alright Baron, I don't care if the mediots called your bluff on the injury exaggeration. Just forget about it and let them be right. Who cares about them anyway. We need you on the court pronto. Come on dude... we're counting on you.
Nononsense

Postby NYK Fan » December 29, 2011, 2:57 pm

knicksfan4life wrote:He looks really fat. That said if he gets in shape, their are few more dangerous players in the league.

gradyandrew wrote:I thought so too. It's so tough to tell with that beard because you have no idea what his neck looks like.

Nothing wrong with having a big neck...

It's a shame that the team is now just learning how valuable Jeremy Lin could be for the Knicks now.

Trade Carmelo Anthony for Omer Asik and Jeremy Lin. And we can finally be a legit team then.

Knick fan since 1987
NYK Fan

Postby SALfromNY » December 29, 2011, 10:33 pm

Nononsense wrote:Alright Baron, I don't care if the mediots called your bluff on the injury exaggeration. Just forget about it and let them be right. Who cares about them anyway. We need you on the court pronto. Come on dude... we're counting on you.

this
SALfromNY

Next

Return to New York Knicks