We Failed

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: We Failed

Postby KnicksRUs » February 7, 2013, 3:58 pm

rebound wrote:Letting go of Lin, is starting to look like a mistake as well.

So Felton's numbers are slightly better, he's making a shitload less money....... and this move was a mistake.

Roger that.
"Fat chicks need lovin too, but they gotta pay"
KnicksRUs

Postby rebound » February 7, 2013, 4:36 pm

KnicksRUs wrote:
So Felton's numbers are slightly better, he's making a shitload less money....... and this move was a mistake.

Roger that.

Lin's game has picked up as of late. Seemed like he was overcoming chemistry issues and any lingering conditioning issues from his knee injury at the beginning of the season.
So it couldn't have been Lin and Felton, but it is ok for Felton and Kidd to play together.
Team Mills
rebound

Postby KnickFanMidwest » February 7, 2013, 4:58 pm

Ray's 15 PPG vs. Lin's 12.5 PPG PLUS pre-existing chemistry with STAT for a LOT LESS MONEY. How is that a mistake?
-Native New Yorker Exiled to the Mid-West.
KnickFanMidwest

Postby Don Che » February 7, 2013, 4:59 pm

Lin is the better player...Felton is the better player for this team. Simple as that
Don Che

Postby KnickFanMidwest » February 7, 2013, 5:06 pm

I don't even agree that Lin's a better player. Has almost 1 more turn over per game than Felton. He doesn't have Felton's Experience or Toughness either.
KnickFanMidwest

Postby rebound » February 7, 2013, 5:44 pm

I love how this turned into a Lin vs Felton argument, when I was suggesting signing Kidd over retaining Lin may have been a mistake.
Team Mills
rebound

Postby bobhait » February 7, 2013, 6:00 pm

rebound, that's because if signing Kidd is all we did Lin would have still been here - the Knicks didn't let Jeremy go until after they acquired Felton from Portland.

also, you gotta remember, Kidd and Camby are players Grunwald got us primarily for their veteran presence. these are the kinds of players teams with championship aspirations get for "the big moment" in the playoffs. what the Knicks paid to get them helps us now and protects our cap for the future without bringing about luxury tax penalties. basically, it was cheaper to give those two 6 to 7 mil per (combined) for three years than just give them a couple mil extra per for just two.

this talk of right and wrong moves now is just a reaction to a couple bad games here and there. let's see how this thing plays out. I know it stinks losing to the Wizards, but NBA champions don't get crowned in February.
Hornacek Era prelude
bobhait

Postby StevoStarks » February 7, 2013, 6:41 pm

bobhait wrote:rebound, that's because if signing Kidd is all we did Lin would have still been here - the Knicks didn't let Jeremy go until after they acquired Felton from Portland.

also, you gotta remember, Kidd and Camby are players Grunwald got us primarily for their veteran presence. these are the kinds of players teams with championship aspirations get for "the big moment" in the playoffs. what the Knicks paid to get them helps us now and protects our cap for the future without bringing about luxury tax penalties. basically, it was cheaper to give those two 6 to 7 mil per (combined) for three years than just give them a couple mil extra per for just two.

this talk of right and wrong moves now is just a reaction to a couple bad games here and there. let's see how this thing plays out. I know it stinks losing to the Wizards, but NBA champions don't get crowned in February.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby rebound » February 7, 2013, 6:50 pm

bobhait wrote:rebound, that's because if signing Kidd is all we did Lin would have still been here - the Knicks didn't let Jeremy go until after they acquired Felton from Portland.

you always know the right thing to say to make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside bob :D
Team Mills
rebound

Postby KnickFanMidwest » February 7, 2013, 6:54 pm

Rebound, the original plan was to sign Kidd to mentor Lin, because re-signing Lin was a "sure thing" only after Houston dropped the Poison Pill on us did we go to the Plan B of signing Felton. I think it has worked out well thus far.
KnickFanMidwest

Postby bobhait » February 7, 2013, 7:00 pm

'bound, just trying to get everybody off the ledge... including myself
Hornacek Era prelude
bobhait

Postby NYGM » February 8, 2013, 7:09 am

KnickFanMidwest wrote:Rebound, the original plan was to sign Kidd to mentor Lin, because re-signing Lin was a "sure thing" only after Houston dropped the Poison Pill on us did we go to the Plan B of signing Felton. I think it has worked out well thus far.

31-16..

What not like?..

I don't care bout Lin, i don't know if he's playing well or not... Ray is leading the troops here and i support him 100%...
NYGM

Postby Geolink » February 8, 2013, 1:01 pm

Knicks lose one game = trade everybody
Geolink wrote:Must be nice to sit out for months from your job, still earn millions in guaranteed money, and fucking a nice model girlfriend at a tropical beach...
Geolink

Postby SALfromNY » March 14, 2013, 7:53 am

:cry:
SALfromNY

Postby StevoStarks » March 14, 2013, 11:28 am

I expected to see this thread today.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby big_j_NY » March 14, 2013, 11:30 am

StevoStarks wrote:I expected to see this thread today.

Ironically, tao wasn't the one that brought this thread back up.................but a Tyson Chandler injury can do that to other people
#EmbraceTheTank2019

#InPorzingisWeTrust

Hassan Whiteside wrote:I'm just tryin...tryin 2 really get my NBA 2K rating up
big_j_NY

Postby taowave » March 14, 2013, 1:50 pm

Are you implying I am a serial bumper??? i will admit,i was tempted but feared the wrath of Krus :)

Lest you guys forget,my dissapointment is we went after guys who had a 50/50 shot of finishing the season..

Stat,Sheed and to a lesser degree Camby and Kidd..

I am keeping my fingers crossed on Kmart and Camby

Ironically, tao wasn't the one that brought this thread back up.................but a Tyson Chandler injury can do that to other people
[/quote]
taowave

Postby BXGuy » March 14, 2013, 3:53 pm

KnickFanMidwest wrote:Ray's 15 PPG vs. Lin's 12.5 PPG PLUS pre-existing chemistry with STAT for a LOT LESS MONEY. How is that a mistake?

Felton is probably the worst defensive PG in the NBA right now. Lin is a superior all around talent. Lin is overpaid, but Felton is average as average gets. Atleast Lin will improve his game and hes shown flashes of greatness. Felton has looked horrible throughout the year, even when he plays good; he has a lot of leaking holes in his game, especially his weak defense. He can't deny the ball from any guard, is too slow to keep up with the pick and roll, gets lost in picks and leaves virtually any guard in the NBA wide open with. Felton is a problem, and if you don't think so then you haven't watched enough Knicks game and rely too much on useless stats Felton puts up.

Felton is putting up the same stats he did in Charlotte, and the Bobcats when Felton was the primary PG were one of the worst teams in the NBA. They only got better when Diaw, Bell, Jackson and Chandler were on the team.
The artist formally known as prguy.
BXGuy

Postby big_j_NY » March 14, 2013, 5:11 pm

taowave wrote:Are you implying I am a serial bumper??? i will admit,i was tempted but feared the wrath of Krus :)

Lest you guys forget,my dissapointment is we went after guys who had a 50/50 shot of finishing the season..

Stat,Sheed and to a lesser degree Camby and Kidd..

I am keeping my fingers crossed on Kmart and Camby

Not really, it's just the first 2 or 3 times this thread was bumped back to relevance...........you just happened to be the guy responsible for it.

In the last 2 months, it seems other people are resurrecting this thread while you seem to have become "The Voice of Reason" for the widespread panic of the Knicks fandom.

In any case, a lot of us didn't anticipate our Top 3 main guys (Melo, STAT and Chandler) to be all hit with knee injuries at the same time............so if anything, this was unexpected entirely REGARDLESS if you felt that STAT's health was questionable towards the success of this team (which trust me, this latest knee injury just made it look less doubtful that STAT will be reliable in the long-term)
#EmbraceTheTank2019

#InPorzingisWeTrust

Hassan Whiteside wrote:I'm just tryin...tryin 2 really get my NBA 2K rating up
big_j_NY

Postby cragganmor » March 14, 2013, 6:11 pm

can we agree that felton is a good backup pg? he's just not capable of playing at a high level for the entire season in heavy use. this is our second time around with him and his expiration date seems to be about 6-8 weeks in when he plays 30 mpg or more; he's probably better suited to 15-20 mpg.
cragganmor

PreviousNext

Return to New York Knicks