Brousard reports Melo for Harden potential sign and trade

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Brousard reports Melo for Harden potential sign and trade

Postby N8theGR8 » June 25, 2014, 5:51 pm

http://m.basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/233910/broussard-knicks-rockets-sign-and-trade-of-carmelo-for-harden-possible

At this point I might just advocate this deal. Harden would be a dream fit in the triangle, and he has potential to be just as good as Melo plus he's younger.

The only negative is this all but hand delivers a Lebron/Melo/Howard trio in Houston. At least they would be on the West coast.... And this trade would put us up against Indiana for best in the East.
ONCE A KNICK, ALWAYS A KNICK.
N8theGR8

Re: Brousard reports Memo for Harden potential sign and tradd

Postby cragganmor » June 25, 2014, 5:54 pm

that would be the blockbuster deal of the summer, but to escape the west, they still have to get past okc and sas.
cragganmor

Re: Brousard reports Melo for Harden potential sign and trade

Postby Koopa Troopa » June 25, 2014, 6:32 pm

Harden is a bum I don't want him here.

His playoff performance was terrible. His defense is putrid. If you guys don't like Melo yet want Harden Ijust don't know what to say :?
Koopa Troopa

Postby cragganmor » June 25, 2014, 7:16 pm

harden is a guy that you can hide on defense if you build around him the right way; the rox had dwight and beverly, the rest of that lineup really doesn't defend. on offense, he's creative and efficient, makes everyone better and he'd be even better in the triangle. at 24, he still has upside to his game.
cragganmor

Postby Don Che » June 25, 2014, 7:22 pm

Him.and Calderon would get torched but I'd love it on offense
Don Che

Postby Koopa Troopa » June 25, 2014, 7:25 pm

So you cant win a championship with Melo but you guys want James freakin Harden?

Did anybody watch them lose to Portland? Harden wasnt shit without the refs giving him fouls all day :arrow:

And you cant hide Harden on defense. The rockets tried that and failed. His guy will cut backdoor all day while James just doesnt give a shit
Koopa Troopa

Postby DolanCurse2001 » June 25, 2014, 7:27 pm

So stupid. This has no chance of happening! God, I hate Brousard!!!
DolanCurse2001

Postby nazrmohamed » June 25, 2014, 7:48 pm

Wonder if NYKFan will put down the hate when its Melo who ONCE AGAIN campaigns for Lin to start.........once again. Then watch Lin come back to NY for some RIDICULOUS contract.
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby SALfromNY » June 25, 2014, 7:54 pm

Broussard has also stated on the Espn draft special that there is a 50-50 chance that Love will be traded during the draft.

SALfromNY

Postby cragganmor » June 25, 2014, 7:56 pm

nazrmohamed wrote:Wonder if NYKFan will put down the hate when its Melo who ONCE AGAIN campaigns for Lin to start.........once again. Then watch Lin come back to NY for some RIDICULOUS contract.

once again, melo can't avoid getting entangled in linsanity. it's very long odds, but what if those 2 are teammates again? that's gonna be an awkward first team practice.
cragganmor

Postby H20Knick » June 25, 2014, 10:57 pm

The Rockets just moved Asik. SOURCES are saying lebron and melo to rockets with one coming as a free agent and one coming as a sign and trade for harden, depending on which team has the better throw-ins.

I STILL don't think melo is really going to end up in texas because of lala. Part of me is curious because I think it makes the most sense for our best player to be a shooting guard, considering the lakers and the bulls... but I kind of really don't like that bearded douchebag
Fort Knox. Hard Knox. Knock Knox. It doesn't matter. Hall of Fame in 20.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
H20Knick

Postby shakespeare » June 25, 2014, 11:29 pm

Koop and H20, let it go men...

If the Knicks can sign and trade for a 24 year old First-Team All-NBA player who's proven he can carry a team of nobodies, then what more can we ask for as Knick fans? Not only that, but ask yourself this question: who is more capable of getting Kevin Durant to leave OKC than James Harden?

Y'all don't see the blessings, here, if Harden somehow comes to New York.

That said, it's BS. Cause who in their right mind would trade the younger, better player in a deal?
The Porzingis blessing is real.
#TeamTank
shakespeare
Writer

Postby cragganmor » June 25, 2014, 11:49 pm

agree, if this scenario unfolds, then phil should jump in with both feet and snag harden. the one thing you can fault morey on his personnel moves is not getting a good pf that can defend and hit a midrange shot in exchange for asik, once they secured dwight. harden would flourish in the triangle because he is a threat to drive, pass and shoot, can hurt you from all over the floor. can afford to play a defensive-minded combo like shump at pg right next to him to help cover his defensive lapses, fill out the rest of the lineup with good, 2-way players.

but there is a remote chance (verrrry remote) that lebron works his way into houston, making harden expendable. just dreamin'... :drool:
cragganmor

Postby big_j_NY » June 26, 2014, 12:19 am

shakespeare wrote:Koop and H20, let it go men...

If the Knicks can sign and trade for a 24 year old First-Team All-NBA player who's proven he can carry a team of nobodies, then what more can we ask for as Knick fans? Not only that, but ask yourself this question: who is more capable of getting Kevin Durant to leave OKC than James Harden?

Y'all don't see the blessings, here, if Harden somehow comes to New York.

That said, it's BS. Cause who in their right mind would trade the younger, better player in a deal?

I don't agree that Harden is a better player...........or that he is a level above Carmelo besides the fact that he was named All-NBA First Team (trust me, I have an army of Rockets fans that will tell you that they'd prefer Carmelo over Harden).

With that being said, I agree with you. If we are going to lose Carmelo to a team like the Rockets, what better way to do it than by GETTING ONE OF THEIR STAR PLAYERS IN RETURN?

If you're going to lose a star, it is more rewarding to get a star in return.

Despite some of you guys' disgust for James Harden, the guy is a star.........and I for one lack the patience to lose Carmelo for a 25 win rebuilding D-League tanking squad.

If Darryl Morey truly lacks any loyalty to his own star players that he is willing to trade his own star players to acquire guys like Lebron, then go ahead and give us Harden if you want Carmelo & Lebron so bad
#EmbraceTheTank2019

#InPorzingisWeTrust

Hassan Whiteside wrote:I'm just tryin...tryin 2 really get my NBA 2K rating up
big_j_NY

Postby shakespeare » June 26, 2014, 12:30 am

Big J,

Harden is definitely not a level above Melo.

That's not what I'm saying. Besides the Chariots of Fire performance during his first season in Houston, my reasoning falls along the lines of incline/decline, as in where will both players be five years from now. Harden will be 29 and Melo 35. Both can score from a variety of ways, both leave much desired on defense, both players have horrible career playoff shooting percentages. Melo gives you more rebounds, while Harden is more of a facilitator. I think Harden can deliver Durant. I don't think Melo can deliver Durant.

But as you stated, if you're gonna lose Melo then what better way than to gain a young All-Star player in return.
#TeamTank
shakespeare
Writer

Postby shakespeare » June 26, 2014, 12:40 am

cragganmor wrote:harden would flourish in the triangle because he is a threat to drive, pass and shoot, can hurt you from all over the floor. can afford to play a defensive-minded combo like shump at pg right next to him to help cover his defensive lapses, fill out the rest of the lineup with good, 2-way players.

Wholeheartedly agreed. Not to mention how Harden is guaranteed to go to the line at least 10 times per game. Lol. I also like the idea of Shump remaining with the team, cause I really think Iman Shumpert ended up losing himself last season. Shumpert and Harden works. I like Calderon for his play-making, but as far as the future starting backcourt of the Knicks...I'd love to see Harden/Shumpert do work.

I'm also ready to say goodbye to JR Smith. I wouldn't mind seeing Fisher take THJ under his wing by getting rid of knucklehead players and developing young and coachable talent. #ChangeTheCulture
#TeamTank
shakespeare
Writer

Postby big_j_NY » June 26, 2014, 12:44 am

shakespeare wrote:Big J,

Harden is definitely not a level above Melo. Definitely not. That's not what I'm saying. Besides the Chariots of Fire that Harden performed during his first season in Houston, my reasoning falls along the lines of incline/decline, as in where will both players be five years from now. Harden will be 29 and Melo 35. Both can score from a variety of ways, both leave much desired on defense, both players have horrible career playoff shooting percentages. Melo gives you more rebounds, while Harden is more of a facilitator. I think Harden can deliver Durant. I don't think Melo can deliver Durant.

But as you stated, if you're gonna lose Melo then what better way than to gain a young All-Star player in return.

I don't think any Durant/Lebron caliber star was going to come to NY even if Carmelo left the Knicks, and I'm going to say that I don't believe switching Carmelo for Harden will do the same. The 2015 unrestricted free agent market reflects that in terms of guys like Irving, Marc Gasol, Ricky Rubio as the only high profiled names to come out.

What I do believe Harden will do is lay a foundation for Phil to build off of IRREGARDLESS if Harden manages to recruit a Durant/Lebron caliber star next to him OR NOT. That is the key reason why I wanted to keep Carmelo beyond this season from the start, but if Carmelo must go.............then you gotta grasp the opportunity of obtaining another star player to replace him when that opportunity is actually presented towards you.

I would've accepted a full-blown rebuild if Carmelo leaves (and go on hiatus from the NBA during the rebuild), but that is because I never thought any GM would have the balls to trade their star player to acquire one of our own.

Not many opportunities like this come our way where a GM is willing to trade their star player to acquire your star, considering how much star power impacts NBA teams these days. Unfortunately, Darryl Morey seems to be that crazy lunatic that is willing to do whatever it takes to create the perfect roster.

shakespeare wrote:Wholeheartedly agreed. Not to mention how Harden is guaranteed to go to the line at least 10 times per game. Lol. I also like the idea of Shump remaining with the team, cause I really think Iman Shumpert ended up losing himself last season. Shumpert and Harden works. I like Calderon for his play-making, but as far as the future starting backcourt of the Knicks...I'd love to see Harden/Shumpert do work.

I'm also ready to say goodbye to JR Smith. I wouldn't mind seeing Fisher take THJ under his wing.

Let's see if the referees are still willing to blow the whistle on him in a Knicks jersey..............JUST SAYIN. We've seen this story before with our own stars in terms of the "whistle treatment."
#EmbraceTheTank2019

#InPorzingisWeTrust

big_j_NY

Postby shakespeare » June 26, 2014, 12:52 am

big_j_NY wrote:Darryl Morey seems to be that crazy lunatic that is willing to do whatever it takes to create the perfect roster.

Haha. You know what else? I would LOVE to see LeBron leave the Eastern Conference (I say that while only fantasizing cause I don't think LeBron is leaving Miami and I don't think Houston trades Harden for Melo). I'm probably one of those content Knick fans who'd be happy with just seeing New York reach the NBA Finals again, even if we had absolutely no chance of winning the championship. Knicks have never won the rings under my watch, but our beloved teams have given us memories to last a lifetime. So, imo, removing LeBron from the Eastern Conference gives New York the best shot at reaching the Finals if Harden/Durant were to somehow come into fruition in the future.

Of course I'm only dreaming at the point, but don't wake me up just yet.
#TeamTank
shakespeare
Writer

Postby big_j_NY » June 26, 2014, 12:55 am

cragganmor wrote:agree, if this scenario unfolds, then phil should jump in with both feet and snag harden. the one thing you can fault morey on his personnel moves is not getting a good pf that can defend and hit a midrange shot in exchange for asik, once they secured dwight. harden would flourish in the triangle because he is a threat to drive, pass and shoot, can hurt you from all over the floor. can afford to play a defensive-minded combo like shump at pg right next to him to help cover his defensive lapses, fill out the rest of the lineup with good, 2-way players.

but there is a remote chance (verrrry remote) that lebron works his way into houston, making harden expendable. just dreamin'... :drool:

The funny part is that before acquiring Dwight, Morey spend most of his time stocking up on POWER FORWARDS. The man couldn't even keep the ones that he had already acquired.

Morey really is a crazy lunatic that is willing to do whatever to get his perfect team, which still needs a power forward LOL
#EmbraceTheTank2019

#InPorzingisWeTrust

big_j_NY

Postby gradyandrew » June 26, 2014, 1:01 am

Rockets would sign a tade Harden for either LBJ or melo. I still think melo fits the triangle better. message to melo needs to be that fish and PJ will recreate a triangle playing dynasty. acquiring calderon is a big step in the right direction.
This is a FAN page that relies on its members for content and commentary. So don't be a lurker, be a POSTER, even if it's just a picture of a fat guy eating a hamburger.
gradyandrew

Next

Return to New York Knicks