[Merged] Kristaps Porzingis is Going to Become a Perennial All-Star

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: [Merged] Kristaps Porzingis is Going to Become a Perennial All-Star

Postby spree#8 » February 7, 2018, 3:31 am

Man, season over for KP with his torn ACL. Get well soon!
#knickstape
User avatar
spree#8
 
Joined: June 5, 2006, 1:21 pm

Re: [Merged] Kristaps Porzingis is Going to Become a Perennial All-Star

Postby NewlyKnicked » February 7, 2018, 7:17 am

:sadno:
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
User avatar
NewlyKnicked
 
Joined: November 2, 2016, 12:08 pm

Re: [Merged] Kristaps Porzingis is Going to Become a Perennial All-Star

Postby Red » February 7, 2018, 7:34 am

Part of me knows this could happen to anyone. Part of me also knows I have to add this to KP's injury prone reputation.

And yet another part of me knows this could be a blessing in disguise. Next man up. Time for the FO to do their job (Pats pun intended) and be accountable.
Charles Barkley summed it up well when he asked Smith, "Have you seen the Knicks play?"
User avatar
Red
 
Joined: February 23, 2014, 9:02 am

Re: [Merged] Kristaps Porzingis is Going to Become a Perennial All-Star

Postby taowave » February 7, 2018, 7:54 am

This is an absolute disaster and other than losing every game from here on in,there is no silver lining....

this is just awful news
taowave
 
Joined: July 7, 2005, 9:54 pm

Re: [Merged] Kristaps Porzingis is Going to Become a Perennial All-Star

Postby H20Knick » February 7, 2018, 8:33 am

taowave wrote:This is an absolute disaster and other than losing every game from here on in,there is no silver lining....

this is just awful news



its really not though. this is how you get 2 more top 5 picks. it's a year long injury, effectively. We could fall to the bottom 5 this season and we'll suck next year too. The knicks organization refused to accept the tank. BUT YOU CANT STOP A TANK.
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION

All aboard the Doncic express!
User avatar
H20Knick
 
Joined: August 11, 2004, 11:42 pm
Location: nova/dc metro

Re: [Merged] Kristaps Porzingis is Going to Become a Perennial All-Star

Postby taowave » February 7, 2018, 8:47 am

Yup,while I did say other than losing every game from here on in,this is just awful
taowave
 
Joined: July 7, 2005, 9:54 pm

Re: [Merged] Kristaps Porzingis is Going to Become a Perennial All-Star

Postby Don Che » February 7, 2018, 8:51 am

It would of been ideal for this to happen 2 months ago but....this is a perfect time for perry to fully commit to the tank without taking heat from the fans or KPs management.

Still trade Kyle and kanter ......start willy and bring back Noah...Jeff has to get over his pride and ride this out.

Start frank...play Dotson

Think about it we still have half the year to fully blow this up. Get to the 7th pick and take JJJ!!!!!
User avatar
Don Che
 
Joined: September 23, 2007, 4:53 pm
Location: Queens

Re: [Merged] Kristaps Porzingis is Going to Become a Perennial All-Star

Postby taowave » February 7, 2018, 9:09 am

Yes,we should have been in rebuild mode from day one..

Doesn't mean tank intentionally,but it does mean avoiding a late lottery pick at all costs.

This is one hell of a way to do it
taowave
 
Joined: July 7, 2005, 9:54 pm

Re: [Merged] Kristaps Porzingis is Going to Become a Perennial All-Star

Postby thewatcher » February 7, 2018, 9:16 am

Ever been in a relationship you just knew was going to end badly?? feel bad for KP, but this was why I agreed with Phil shopping him to the Celtics over the summer. But that's ancient history. Hope he has an NBA carreer.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
User avatar
thewatcher
 
Joined: September 12, 2007, 8:19 am

Re: [Merged] Kristaps Porzingis is Going to Become a Perennial All-Star

Postby taowave » February 7, 2018, 9:29 am

Thanks for deepening my depression


thewatcher wrote:Ever been in a relationship you just knew was going to end badly?? feel bad for KP, but this was why I agreed with Phil shopping him to the Celtics over the summer. But that's ancient history. Hope he has an NBA carreer.
taowave
 
Joined: July 7, 2005, 9:54 pm

Re: [Merged] Kristaps Porzingis is Going to Become a Perennial All-Star

Postby thewatcher » February 7, 2018, 9:34 am

It's really depressing, but not that surprising, durability is critical in the NBA.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
User avatar
thewatcher
 
Joined: September 12, 2007, 8:19 am

Re: [Merged] Kristaps Porzingis is Going to Become a Perennial All-Star

Postby nazrmohamed » February 7, 2018, 10:07 am

What's crazy is I read an article by Ian Begley which said the before the injury the Knicks WERE prepared to approach the trade deadline with a playoff approach.

In other words trades would-be probably been geared toward finding the "missing piece", ie- big name vet nearing 30 as the Knicks always do. This injury saved us from abandoning our rebuild.
PHISHER
User avatar
nazrmohamed
 
Joined: December 16, 2004, 9:06 pm
Location: Rockland, Ny

Re: [Merged] Kristaps Porzingis is Going to Become a Perennial All-Star

Postby H20Knick » February 7, 2018, 10:42 am

nazrmohamed wrote:What's crazy is I read an article by Ian Begley which said the before the injury the Knicks WERE prepared to approach the trade deadline with a playoff approach.

In other words trades would-be probably been geared toward finding the "missing piece", ie- big name vet nearing 30 as the Knicks always do. This injury saved us from abandoning our rebuild.


:blink: :cry: :sadno:

i have no faith in this franchise sometimes
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION

All aboard the Doncic express!
User avatar
H20Knick
 
Joined: August 11, 2004, 11:42 pm
Location: nova/dc metro

Re: [Merged] Kristaps Porzingis is Going to Become a Perennial All-Star

Postby Don Che » February 7, 2018, 10:45 am

I'm not gonna judge on what ppl report....im gonna judge what we actually do.


We better be focusing on future assets right now.

Now draft Larry Bird so KP can be Mchale and we destroy the universe
User avatar
Don Che
 
Joined: September 23, 2007, 4:53 pm
Location: Queens

Re: [Merged] Kristaps Porzingis is Going to Become a Perennial All-Star

Postby Rusty La Rue » February 7, 2018, 10:53 am

nazrmohamed wrote:What's crazy is I read an article by Ian Begley which said the before the injury the Knicks WERE prepared to approach the trade deadline with a playoff approach.

In other words trades would-be probably been geared toward finding the "missing piece", ie- big name vet nearing 30 as the Knicks always do. This injury saved us from abandoning our rebuild.


Come on that is so easy to write... We have seen no indication that that was the plan... I heard Perry say we will only make a trade that makes sense now and in the future... which to me says: no long contracts or older players and we are keeping our draft picks...

I believe the reason why we have not seen the knicks make a move is because we are holding on to our draft picks and we want younger players on shorter deals...
Last edited by Rusty La Rue on February 7, 2018, 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Everybody gets excited about youth except the coach, because he knows youth means mistakes, mistakes mean losses, losses means you're fired."
Rusty La Rue
 
Joined: November 10, 2004, 7:41 am
Location: Aarhus, Denmark

Re: [Merged] Kristaps Porzingis is Going to Become a Perennial All-Star

Postby lxn_ » February 7, 2018, 10:55 am

Don Che wrote:I'm not gonna judge on what ppl report....im gonna judge what we actually do.


We better be focusing on future assets right now.

Now draft Larry Bird so KP can be Mchale and we destroy the universe

Don are you referring to Doncic? haha. But seriously though, the mentality to be great is there with regards to Doncic.
lxn_
 
Joined: May 17, 2016, 7:45 am

Re: [Merged] Kristaps Porzingis is Going to Become a Perennial All-Star

Postby nazrmohamed » February 7, 2018, 11:26 am

Don, Dolan signs the paychecks. Mills is his ever present overseer.

In any case you better start scouting next years draft as well. RJ Barrett or Cameron Reddish anyone?
PHISHER
User avatar
nazrmohamed
 
Joined: December 16, 2004, 9:06 pm
Location: Rockland, Ny

Re: [Merged] Kristaps Porzingis is Going to Become a Perennial All-Star

Postby Don Che » February 7, 2018, 11:28 am

yup lol

obv im exaggerating but my goal now...legit only thing worth doing is getting 1 or 2 players better than KP....looking at this draft...Ayton and Doncic have the skill/talent to do so...I just dont trust Ayton's motor he just seems like a big kid having fun. Doncic thinks the game...even tho he doesnt have the best physical tools...similar to Kidd or Bird who just saw/thought the game at a higher level.

Trae is nasty but im not a fan of high turnover players esp as skinny as he is...championship teams are built on not turning it over. So even tho we are far from that currently i'd still build with those principles from the ground up.

JJJ to me can be special also but we need a great player that makes plays and unfortunately in the top 7...the only perimeter guys are Doncic/Trae/Sexton......i'd take Doncic 10/10 and would consider taking ayton over those 3 as well if his interviews go well.
User avatar
Don Che
 
Joined: September 23, 2007, 4:53 pm
Location: Queens

Re: [Merged] Kristaps Porzingis is Going to Become a Perennial All-Star

Postby Don Che » February 7, 2018, 11:29 am

nazrmohamed wrote:Don, Dolan signs the paychecks. Mills is his ever present overseer.

In any case you better start scouting next years draft as well. RJ Barrett or Cameron Reddish anyone?



on it....Cameron Reddish can be special

but imagine we get lucky and take Ayton....next year take Zion


KP comes into the fold year after that

legit would look like the monstars out there...Zion is the best athlete ive seen since Lebron and at an athletic level..he may be ahead dependingon the day
User avatar
Don Che
 
Joined: September 23, 2007, 4:53 pm
Location: Queens

Re: [Merged] Kristaps Porzingis is Going to Become a Perennial All-Star

Postby lxn_ » February 7, 2018, 11:38 am

Don Che wrote:yup lol

obv im exaggerating but my goal now...legit only thing worth doing is getting 1 or 2 players better than KP....looking at this draft...Ayton and Doncic have the skill/talent to do so...I just dont trust Ayton's motor he just seems like a big kid having fun. Doncic thinks the game...even tho he doesnt have the best physical tools...similar to Kidd or Bird who just saw/thought the game at a higher level.

Trae is nasty but im not a fan of high turnover players esp as skinny as he is...championship teams are built on not turning it over. So even tho we are far from that currently i'd still build with those principles from the ground up.

JJJ to me can be special also but we need a great player that makes plays and unfortunately in the top 7...the only perimeter guys are Doncic/Trae/Sexton......i'd take Doncic 10/10 and would consider taking ayton over those 3 as well if his interviews go well.

We have the same concerns with Trae and Ayton... I think we dont need someone who takes a ton of shots. Ayton though looks like hes disengaged at times. maybe its because hes bored, I dont know. But yeah, time for the nba to help us a bit in drafting Doncic. I really dont know how KP will look next year. Its unlikely that he'll add any weight soon now that he got injured, and his brothers might discourage him adding weight altogether.
lxn_
 
Joined: May 17, 2016, 7:45 am

PreviousNext

Return to New York Knicks

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 19 guests

cron