2017-2018 Tank

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

Don Che
Likes given: 9

it would be interesting to see if we run EM/Frank and bench Jack/lee or Tim and we start winning games.
spree#8
Likes given: 547

Don Che wrote:it would be interesting to see if we run EM/Frank and bench Jack/lee or Tim and we start winning games.
We will probably start Mudiay after the all-star break for Jack. But why in hell would you bench THJ? :? We have to develop him further.
#knickstape
Don Che

While i agree with that....Lee is Jeff's boy I wouldnt be surprised if Lee starts no matter what.

I really dont care if we start or bench either one...PT is what matters and i think Tim will get his time no matter what also.
spree#8

Don Che wrote:While i agree with that....Lee is Jeff's boy I wouldnt be surprised if Lee starts no matter what.

I really dont care if we start or bench either one...PT is what matters and i think Tim will get his time no matter what also.
:hmm: He is also playing well, that's why he gets minutes, not because he is a favorite. Good veteran presence, but if Jeff at some point decides whom to start (which I don't see, because we have no one who should play above those two), it'll be a no-brainer for Hornacek to bench Lee.
#knickstape
taowave
Likes given: 846

Fully agree...We can not bench Hardaway at this point....

He is supposedly a big part of our future...

spree#8 wrote:
We will probably start Mudiay after the all-star break for Jack. But why in hell would you bench THJ? :? We have to develop him further.
Don Che

i dont care about wins this year...that era is done for me

the rest of the year is figuring out a couple things:

1. How good is Frank in major minutes
2. How good is Mudisy in major minutes
3. How good are they together

lmaooo so i really dont care if we bench w/e.....give me those 3 answers and lose your way to Doncic/Ayton/JJJ
taowave

Open tryouts
The New York Knicks will prioritize playing time to their young point guards over Jarrett Jack when they return from the All-Star break.

The Knicks have Frank Ntilikina, Emmanuel Mudiay and Trey Burke at point guard.

"It's probably all three of those young guys (playing more) — Frank, Emmanuel and Trey — and we'll slide a couple of them in the two spot a little bit," Jeff Hornacek said. "Whether it's Trey and Emmanuel or some combination of those guys — Emmanuel and Frank."

Jack was signed as a stopgap point guard.

"We don't want (Ntilikina) to always be off the ball, either," Hornacek said. "We want to play him on the ball. So that he continues to get that taste of the point guard position."
Don Che

perfect...all im asking for
NYGM
Likes given: 496

THJ seems to be smaller than Frank and Mudiay.. Playing them together and THJ as SF wont work IMO...
taowave

Thats what i have been saying....Hardaway should be playing the 2,unless someone beats him out

NYGM wrote:THJ seems to be smaller than Frank and Mudiay.. Playing them together and THJ as SF wont work IMO...
H20Knick
Likes given: 3

Nah it's fine. It helps us lose
In Thibs we trust.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
rebound
Likes given: 1150

1. ayton
2. doncic
3. porter
4. bagley
5. young
6. jackson
7. bamba
8. carter

i like the top 8.
after that im not sure if there are any significant players.
cant get too excited about either bridges seeing as they are sophomore and junior, but i'd go with mikal at 9.
TOM THIBODEAU'S NEW YORK KNICKS PRESENT:
HEROBALL. A STORY OF THE MID RANGE FADEAWAY JUMPER.
STARRING JALEN BUMSON AND DUBIOUS HANDLES.
Don Che

in an ideal world....Frank and Mudiay get triple doubles and we lose by 1 every single game

who cares if Tim is a 2 or a 3...we gotta lose
taowave

LOL..Ideal scenario..

Don Che wrote:in an ideal world....Frank and Mudiay get triple doubles and we lose by 1 every single game

who cares if Tim is a 2 or a 3...we gotta lose
spree#8

rebound wrote:1. ayton
2. doncic
3. porter
4. bagley
5. young
6. jackson
7. bamba
8. carter

i like the top 8.
after that im not sure if there are any significant players.
cant get too excited about either bridges seeing as they are sophomore and junior, but i'd go with mikal at 9.
Steph Curry was a junior, Klay Thompson a junior and Draymond Green a senior, so I wouldn't be too worried about that if we pick at 9 or 10. I like Doncic, Porter, Ayton, Bagley and Young from your top 8, but don't lose any sleep if we miss out on the other 3. If those are the top 8 and we end up 9th while staying put, I like the two Bridges and Knox.
#knickstape
Don Che

I'd take Bridges over some of those guys in the top 8
spree#8

If we can't move up and don't like our position I would also be fine with trading down for Troy Brown and picking up another asset.
#knickstape
Don Che

i dont go with that line of thinking...pick the best player at the time you pick...thats it

if your at 10 and feel Troy is the best player...take him and keep it movin

we talk about this "trade pick for pick and asset" sh*t every year and it never happens.
NYGM
Likes given: 496

Don Che wrote:I'd take Bridges over some of those guys in the top 8
Wich one?
spree#8

Don Che wrote:i dont go with that line of thinking...pick the best player at the time you pick...thats it

if your at 10 and feel Troy is the best player...take him and keep it movin

we talk about this "trade pick for pick and asset" sh*t every year and it never happens.
The great GMs do things like that. Maximize your asset. Tatum at three plus another high pick instead of Fultz just happened last year and the early results for the Celtics look fine. Trading down for Nowitzki instead of taking Tractor Traylor is another prime example. If you feel you can get an as talented player (or better because you feel you "know" something) a few spots later, such a deal is always worth a look.
#knickstape