2017-2018 Tank

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

shakespeare
Likes given: 0

shakespeare wrote:
The lottery picks are what gave us Porzingis and Ntili in the first place...

And now Knick fans want to turn their backs on The Tank?

They wanna forget where they came from?

All of a sudden they wanna act like they're better than The Tank?

For the record, to even sniff the playoffs, we need [at the least] another All-NBA caliber player alongside Porzingis in the starting lineup.

I mean, tank about what I'm saying.
#TeamTank
shakespeare

ISIAH_THOMAS wrote:Hoping to be in position for Kevin knox for now
The first forum member to hope or even mention Kevin Knox’s name.

Props.
#TeamTank
shakespeare

Don Che wrote:This of season

Is look to draft a wing and a big
Wow.
#TeamTank
shakespeare

Don Che wrote:i see us as a 8 or 9....
Wow.
#TeamTank
shakespeare

Don Che wrote:im not THAT crazy about Knox...has the tools but i see him more as a scorer/rebounder we kinda need a scorer/passer

and his defense fluctuates...but kentucky guys make their names in the tournament in my book
#TeamTank
NewlyKnicked
Likes given: 160

How did Knox fare in the tournament again?
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2020 Co-NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2021 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
Don Che
Likes given: 9

i post here so much i totally forgot i called it lmao

knox went 25 and 6 against Davidson and 13 and 8 against Kansas state...didnt see any other guys.

which is basically who he is..scorer by nature...but as a rebounder/facilitator he fluctuates...i dont see a passer tho which is a problem imo

if you want KP to be your guy...cool...if you want Knox to be your guy...cool

but you gotta look at real impact players...KD drops 30 with ease and is the best scorer ive ever seen but guess what...hes dishin 7-9 assists on any given night.

same thing ppl used to jock Melo over but last I checked..Kobe was the best scorer of the earl 2000's and that guy was dishin 6 assists a night..the difference btwn 3 assists and 6 assists from your primary scorer is the difference between going to the ECF or being an 8th seed...i know that sounds crazy...but i genuinely believe that.

Only saving grace is that the only guy that has the talent to be a primary scorer outside of knox was Miles where we were picked and he has his own issues to tackle to get to that point.

Looking at how this team is building it seems like next year Frank will have a lot of pressure to be the creator for others and tbh...im not sure how he'll do..I think Frank can pass well and at this stage is more comfortable getting 10 assists than he is 20 points so in theory thats fine but the recipe for a good team is having multiple playmakers at multiple positions. Frank and Trey as the PG's can create..Mudiay does have the skill set to be he back up 2 but is his lack of shooting and defense warrant playing him over Lee and Dotson? Id say no. and if you want to be the main guy and being picked 9th/going to KT you need to be the guy creating as well.

its something I'm going to monitor with Knox for the next couple years because if you want to be an impact 2-4 I'd say passing is more important than shooting the 3 depending n the roster your on. With this roster I really do think it is. Knox able to make proper reads with the catch and shoot shooters we have rn is a pure game changer. A prime Iggy would win more games with this roster than a prime Melo....Melo was obviously better but in team success Iggy would get more wins w/o a doubt. Knox needs to become a creator for others after he solidifies creating for himself.
shakespeare

nazrmohamed wrote:6-10 is still pretty attractive too Shakes. I could style for that too but we need to be in the top 10. 5-10 and your still looking at guys like

Jackson
Sexton
Mikal Bridges
Knox
Possible that even Porter falls to that low.
I can’t name the last time a team picking 9th had so many viable options.

Thankfully, we picked as high.
#TeamTank
shakespeare

Don Che wrote:knox has the tools but he doesnt have much polish to his game. Hes not a creator at this stage..hes more of a 3/4 than a 3/2 and we need a playmaker on this roster in the worst way.
Do you think Knox will ever become more of a passer or playmaker?
#TeamTank
Don Che
Likes given: 9

depends on what the coaches demand and his willingness to watch film and listen.

that's the issue with this pick...as a coach u love it...as a fan and projecting you hate it.

we gotta really invest it all in this kid for him to have a chance. because to me....hes a less feisty tobias Harris and the difference btwn us knowing tobias and the general NBA public knowing tobias......is his assists numbers.

Knox makes reads but it's like his 4th option after thinking score score score lol but hes 18..he can be an all star in 3 years or out the league and I wouldn't be surprised
noypi
Likes given: 24

Somebody update the thread title to "2018-2019 Tank" :LOL:

Sekou Doumbouya is the kid to watch. You heard it here first. 8-)
“I’m still chasing a championship, I’m just chasing it here in New York,’’ Anthony said. “I’ve come to peace with that. I’m doing it in my own way on my own time.”

http://nypost.com/2015/10/27/greatest-c ... -with-nyc/
spree#8
Likes given: 540

noypi wrote:Somebody update the thread title to "2018-2019 Tank" :LOL:

Sekou Doumbouya is the kid to watch. You heard it here first. 8-)
New year, new thread: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=40243
#knickstape