Frank Ntilikina will be a perennial all-star

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: Frank Ntilikina will be a perennial all-star

Postby taowave » June 4, 2018, 3:44 pm

You think there is any chance we draft a 1?

cragganmor wrote:I think we are saying the same thing in a different way. Don't need Frank to dominate the ball, but he needs to make smart decisions with it at the 1. On D, we absolutely want the most efficient one defender in the league on the ball.
taowave

Postby cragganmor » June 4, 2018, 3:49 pm

Possible, but not probable. So many things would have to fall into place for us to draft Trae or Sexton, as discussed earlier.

I would rather trust Fiz to morph our team the way Brad Stevens reloaded the Celts; I want to see frank be like terry rozier and THJ become like jaylen brown.
cragganmor

Postby NewlyKnicked » June 5, 2018, 4:11 am

I hear you Tao, and I admit it would be nice if Frank had a bit more explosiveness. That may come a bit through training tho. I'm just saying Frank isn't the offensive highlight reel machine that Lonnie seems to be (although I very much enjoy a good old signature smothering D concluded by a heartbreaking block and a quick easy fastbreak just as much as a dunker with his head in the hoop).
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
NewlyKnicked

Postby NewlyKnicked » June 5, 2018, 4:13 am

On another note, I didn't know that Frank was besties with Mitchell : https://www.postingandtoasting.com/2018 ... -get-swole

Hope they learn from one another (well ok mostly Frank taking pages from Donovan offensive plays) and develop a healthy rivalry
NewlyKnicked

Postby taowave » June 5, 2018, 8:43 am

I wasn't making a judgement on Frank's potential, specifically at PG..But I watched the 2 vids,and it looked like Lonnie's head was at the rim while Frank simply gets up high enough to dunk..

NewlyKnicked wrote:I hear you Tao, and I admit it would be nice if Frank had a bit more explosiveness. That may come a bit through training tho. I'm just saying Frank isn't the offensive highlight reel machine that Lonnie seems to be (although I very much enjoy a good old signature smothering D concluded by a heartbreaking block and a quick easy fastbreak just as much as a dunker with his head in the hoop).
taowave

Postby nazrmohamed » June 5, 2018, 11:37 am

I feel like it's hard to say cuz he's not flashy. Reminds me of the James Worthy of point guards. Compare to Lonnie and he dunks mad aggressive, almost angry. I like that.

Someone Lonnies been compared to in terms of athleticism, and take a grain of salt first, is Iman Shumpert. Idk that his defensive mindset is exactly the same but remember when Iman first got here how explosive and fast twitch he was? That injury was a killer though and he just never corrected his shooting or I just know he would've been a great player. Then of course he got all into his own hype.
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby NewlyKnicked » June 5, 2018, 12:48 pm

The thing that kind of turns me off about Lonnie is that I feel part of his hype is all about finding the next Donovan Mitchell (you also had that a lot a couple years ago with Draymond Green). I don’t think what happened with Donovan can be repeated as easily as that. DM is really special and he got into the perfect sotuation for him in Utah. Lonnie looks very good and he is absolutely a beast but I feel there is a bias
NewlyKnicked

Postby nazrmohamed » June 5, 2018, 12:56 pm

^^^ I'll be killed but who cares. I don't necessarily think Mitchell has much more to show even as a youngster. I don't expect Lonnie to be nearly as productive as DM but I do find his potential to be higher, in fact I wouldn't find it crazy for other draftees from him own class to figure things out by year 3 and be special so I hope it's not about a bias. Lonnie is his own player. Skillset wise he should be better but you know what makes DM this nice right? His heart. It's like Marcus Smart with skittle Ben Gordon mixed in
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby Don Che » June 6, 2018, 1:07 pm

DM had a motor from day 1...even as a HS kid in brewster.

Lonnie has more talent but hasnt shown motor. UNLESS his college coaches were really that bad.
Don Che

Postby nazrmohamed » June 9, 2018, 7:20 pm

Idk how to post Twitter news like BPD but check this out

https://mobile.twitter.com/DanielM2k202 ... 20/photo/1
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby cragganmor » June 9, 2018, 7:31 pm

Holy... that real?

If so, then he's gonna be a beast this year.
cragganmor

Postby nazrmohamed » June 9, 2018, 7:59 pm

Btw folks Frank isn't the only stud prospect from France. Slotted in the late teens is a PG named Ellie Okobu. Dynamic PG with more of a scorers mindset but still a solid defender.

How crazy would it be all this time I spend protecting Frank's PG status only to then see him slid to SG by a PG drafted 18th from France?
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby KRL » June 10, 2018, 7:15 am

nazrmohamed wrote:Idk how to post Twitter news like BPD but check this out

https://mobile.twitter.com/DanielM2k202 ... 20/photo/1

Not shocking, he's a teenager. Tweak his diet, spend time in the gym for a couple of
weeks and boom!!! That's the bonus of youth your body can change very quickly
KRL

Postby Don Che » June 10, 2018, 2:33 pm

yeh hes going to make strides physically at his age.

gotta be sure his game progresses....and it is wild...his feet are huge..hands are huge...he can grow to be 6'7 possible by the end of it all(if he's truly 6'6 today)
Don Che

Postby cragganmor » June 10, 2018, 5:33 pm

Team medical staff have his xrays on file; they should be able to say how much more height he has by inspecting the growth plates at the ends of the leg and arm bones.
cragganmor

Postby NYGM » June 10, 2018, 9:32 pm

cragganmor wrote:Team medical staff have his xrays on file; they should be able to say how much more height he has by inspecting the growth plates at the ends of the leg and arm bones.

A 6'7 Frank changes the game,,,
NYGM

Postby NewlyKnicked » June 11, 2018, 4:40 am

nazrmohamed wrote:Btw folks Frank isn't the only stud prospect from France. Slotted in the late teens is a PG named Ellie Okobu. Dynamic PG with more of a scorers mindset but still a solid defender.

How crazy would it be all this time I spend protecting Frank's PG status only to then see him slid to SG by a PG drafted 18th from France?

Glad you noticed, Naz.
Ellie is a very nice combo guard with a rising stock (end of 1st round last time I checked). He ended the year with an awesome 44 points game which is very very unusual in the more defensive French League (I'd say the average score is something like 80points) and even more so for a young player. He has been improving year after year getting more and more playing time in a solid team. Not as high a potential as Frank but still I'm real glad scouts are getting interested
NewlyKnicked

Postby taowave » June 17, 2018, 9:49 am

Looks like Frank got the memo and is taking it seriously..

Love to see it..Guy is in the States, hitting the weights and working on his handle..Couldn't ask for more...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/elitesport ... video/amp/
taowave

Postby NewlyKnicked » June 18, 2018, 4:24 am

taowave wrote:Looks like Frank got the memo and is taking it seriously..

Love to see it..Guy is in the States, hitting the weights and working on his handle..Couldn't ask for more...

Nice vid, thx tao

:drool: :drool: :drool:
NewlyKnicked

Postby StevoStarks » June 18, 2018, 1:08 pm

taowave wrote:Looks like Frank got the memo and is taking it seriously..

Loving this.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

PreviousNext

Return to New York Knicks