Welcome to the future: Unicorn vs. Greek Freak

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Who will have a better career: KP or Greek Freak?

KP
50%
Greek Freak
50%

Total votes : 14

Re: Welcome to the future: Unicorn vs. Greek Freak

Postby spree#8 » October 19, 2017, 2:04 pm

H20Knick wrote:He might be the best 22 year old I've ever seen

Better than O'Neal, Duncan, LeBron, Kobe or Durant for example?

A comparison of their art of work til then: https://www.basketball-reference.com/pl ... rs&y6=2011

And at age 22: https://www.basketball-reference.com/pl ... 01&y6=2011

He definitely had some of the best development cycles in his first four years, but I wouldn't put him above many of the NBA greats I watched at 22. All the other 22 year olds had BTW already gotten deep into playoff territory...
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby H20Knick » October 19, 2017, 2:28 pm

spree#8 wrote:
Better than O'Neal, Duncan, LeBron, Kobe or Durant for example?

A comparison of their art of work til then: https://www.basketball-reference.com/pl ... rs&y6=2011

And at age 22: https://www.basketball-reference.com/pl ... 01&y6=2011

He definitely had some of the best development cycles in his first four years, but I wouldn't put him above many of the NBA greats I watched at 22. All the other 22 year olds had BTW already gotten deep into playoff territory...

geeesh that really puts it all into perspective how good the greats are. the knicks are doomed
Fort Knox. Hard Knox. Knock Knox. It doesn't matter. Hall of Fame in 20.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
H20Knick

Postby Koopa Troopa » October 19, 2017, 4:34 pm

H20Knick wrote:geeesh that really puts it all into perspective how good the greats are. the knicks are doomed

Thats what I've been saying. Dirk at this same age led the Mavs past Utah in the playoffs. Zingis needs to prove his worth now. Can anyone here honestly say they think he will be as good as Dirk? :?

And hell now the guys are better even younger. We really expect Frank to develop PG skills in the span of 5 years while guys his age are getting double doubles at the same position TODAY :?
Koopa Troopa

Postby spree#8 » October 19, 2017, 5:37 pm

H20Knick wrote:geeesh that really puts it all into perspective how good the greats are. the knicks are doomed

Koopa Troopa wrote:Thats what I've been saying. Dirk at this same age led the Mavs past Utah in the playoffs. Zingis needs to prove his worth now. Can anyone here honestly say they think he will be as good as Dirk? :?

And hell now the guys are better even younger. We really expect Frank to develop PG skills in the span of 5 years while guys his age are getting double doubles at the same position TODAY :?

Guys not named LeBron or O'Neal or Duncan might need the development time and Antetokounmpo is a prime example for a well developed player. Others are Leonard or Butler (look at how horrible his first season was - and at his age). It's not about developing PG skills with Ntilikina - he has those already - it's about developing him into a perfect two-way player. You don't bet on immediate impact in a draft, but on a better career. So you guys really have to relax and start to believe in developing your own players. Unless you still want to trade every Knick first-rounder before his rookie contract is up. Pretty annoying if you ask me.
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby ISIAH_THOMAS » October 19, 2017, 6:35 pm

Ahead of both Anthony Davis and Karl Anthony Towns? Then again, all 3 of these players must do it in the playoffs to reach Kawhi Leonard's stature. Leonard, I think, will
only be 28 years old three years from now.[/quote]
Yea towns is terrible on defense .he really needs to improve there to be in the convo for me. Davis and giannis are even. Also I'm
keeping my eye on ben Simmons
TAKE THAT FOR DATA
ISIAH_THOMAS

Postby Koopa Troopa » October 19, 2017, 6:55 pm

spree#8 wrote:
Guys not named LeBron or O'Neal or Duncan might need the development time and Antetokounmpo is a prime example for a well developed player. Others are Leonard or Butler (look at how horrible his first season was - and at his age). It's not about developing PG skills with Ntilikina - he has those already - it's about developing him into a perfect two-way player. You don't bet on immediate impact in a draft, but on a better career. So you guys really have to relax and start to believe in developing your own players. Unless you still want to trade every Knick first-rounder before his rookie contract is up. Pretty annoying if you ask me.

Leonard averaged 15 and 10 in the NBA finals against LeBron in his second season. Leonard stats were low his early seasons because he was on the powerhouse Spurs.

Giannis had it from the beginning. He was just too passive and not confident in his skillset. He hasnt really improved much outside of his confidence. His jumper still needs work, everything else he already had. These 'projects' are mostly failures. Even looking back, TMac was ready to go, he just needed his own team to unleash his potential. Other guys drafted at 18 only on potential? Failures. Frank doesnt even have the athleticism of failed projects of the past. All he has is his frame. At best your looking at a smaller SHaun Livingston. At worst hes Shandon Andersen.
Koopa Troopa

Postby nazrmohamed » October 19, 2017, 9:15 pm

Do we know what Frank's combine metrics were or did he skip the combine, just curious. I'd like to know how he did in agility, vertical and speed drills. I keep hearing about his lack of athleticism but so far have seen nothing that says that.

And just know that if he is indeed a good defender then he's athletic. If he's good on defense and can't score it's skill. I'm not saying I know anything yet, not enough sample size
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby Koopa Troopa » October 19, 2017, 9:23 pm

nazrmohamed wrote:Do we know what Frank's combine metrics were or did he skip the combine, just curious. I'd like to know how he did in agility, vertical and speed drills. I keep hearing about his lack of athleticism but so far have seen nothing that says that.

And just know that if he is indeed a good defender then he's athletic. If he's good on defense and can't score it's skill. I'm not saying I know anything yet, not enough sample size

All footage of him he shows no foot speed and he has no lift.
Koopa Troopa

Postby big_j_NY » October 19, 2017, 9:25 pm

nazrmohamed wrote:Do we know what Frank's combine metrics were or did he skip the combine, just curious. I'd like to know how he did in agility, vertical and speed drills. I keep hearing about his lack of athleticism but so far have seen nothing that says that.

Frank skipped the combine..........he was still playing for his Euro team at the time of the draft combine
#EmbraceTheTank2019

#InPorzingisWeTrust

Hassan Whiteside wrote:I'm just tryin...tryin 2 really get my NBA 2K rating up
big_j_NY

Postby ISIAH_THOMAS » October 21, 2017, 11:51 pm

Career high 44 for greek
TAKE THAT FOR DATA
ISIAH_THOMAS

Postby shakespeare » April 27, 2018, 8:52 am

Most of the Knick fans that voted Porzingis in this thread have already turn their backs on him.

On the count of 3, everyone say it with me: “It’s not Porzingis that’s frustrating, it’s the organization.”
The Porzingis blessing is real.
#TeamTank
shakespeare
Writer

Postby knicksH20 » April 27, 2018, 2:39 pm

hey guys, we will NEVER EVER catch a break. EVER.

Greek Freak will ride the unicorn.
One Team. One New York.

Jamal Crawford
His Crawfulness!
knicksH20

Postby taowave » April 27, 2018, 3:20 pm

Hmmmmm...... :)

knicksH20 wrote:
Greek Freak will ride the unicorn.
taowave

Postby cragganmor » April 28, 2018, 9:14 am

KP and GF are very different players. I think it boils down to which of them gets a better team, HC around them.
cragganmor

Postby Don Che » April 28, 2018, 9:26 am

If KP had Middleton jabari and bledsoe on the Knicks and could lose to Boston without kyrie or Hayward...... you guys would eat him alive.

Just sayin
Don Che

Postby Koopa Troopa » May 1, 2018, 10:29 pm

Not really fair to say that. I think I'd be damn happy if the Knicks were in the playoffs with a bunch of young talent with trade value. Instead.......The Knicks have assembled one of the worst rosters of all time and ended up with KP injured for god knows how long.

The Bucks roster is extremely flawed, people have been saying it all year. Its easier to defend Giannis when theres almost nobody whos a threat from 3. Just pack the paint and let them throw up bricks.

In todays league where everyone has a ridiculous wingspan....there is literally no room to work unless you got several guys who are a legit threat from three.
Koopa Troopa

Postby taowave » May 2, 2018, 8:27 am

I would say Tatum and Rozier arent " half bad"..

Don Che wrote:If KP had Middleton jabari and bledsoe on the Knicks and could lose to Boston without kyrie or Hayward...... you guys would eat him alive.

Just sayin
taowave

Postby Don Che » May 2, 2018, 10:07 am

doesnt change how you guys would go about it.

if they won in that situation against us you'd be saying "a rookie and a 3rd stringer"
Don Che

Postby Koopa Troopa » May 2, 2018, 3:42 pm

Don Che wrote:doesnt change how you guys would go about it.

if they won in that situation against us you'd be saying "a rookie and a 3rd stringer"

Yeah. When its us we definitely see things differently. So I get it. But Rozier is looking like a legit PG. Hes gonna get PAID wherever he goes. He has it all. Speed, handles, can finish at the rim and can knock down a shot from anywhere. Ainge is a mad man. I thought trading Avery Bradley would signal the downfall of their rebuild but they knew what everyone else didnt with Tatum and Brown being excellent young talents.

They are just a well built team with excellent coaching. Imagine.... Hornacek going up against Stevens. That would be vomit inducing
Koopa Troopa

Postby Don Che » May 2, 2018, 4:18 pm

when is Rozier a FA?

If hes not this summer..hes losing millions
Don Che

PreviousNext

Return to New York Knicks