Jeff Hornacek Thread - Fired ( Page 9) and Updated with New Coach Poll

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Pick the New Coach

Blatt
10%
Fizdale
29%
Doc Rivers
2%
Mark Jackson
7%
Budenholzer
29%
Messina
No votes
Stackhouse
17%
Borrego
No votes
Becky Hammon
2%
Other
2%

Total votes : 41

Re: Jeff Hornacek Thread - Fired ( Page 9) and Updated with New Coach Poll

Postby NYGM » April 15, 2018, 10:25 am

I like Burke.. No need of Young or Sexton IMO.. If Burke can keep scoring efficiently and bring that effort on defense would be fine..

Mudiay OTOH has a lot of question marks.. His defense is subpar and can't finish or shoot.. So he has a lot to work on, right now he's behind Burke and Frank IMO..
NYGM

Postby NYGM » April 15, 2018, 10:48 am

Talking coaches i'm all in with Fitzdale or Bundeholzer.

Fitzdale is a players coach with strong report with this generation players who overarchieved in Memphis with a Lot of injuries and troubles.. The guy has passion and knowledge and the pedigree of winning and keeping the team in great shape.. Also I would love to see one more of those "take that for data" clips..

Most importantly, this guy can coach. He’s a gym rat who continues to do what he can to evolve and learn as a coach. That’s why he’s observing Golden State at this very moment.
Appearing on the I Am Rapaport this past March, Fizdale told Michael Rapaport that he was using his “time off” to engage wth his fellow coaches while doing in depth film studies of past successful teams. At the time, he was examining Larry Brown’s championship winning 2003-04 Pistons squad and their lockdown defense.

Bundeholzer seems to be great too, those kind of guys who know what's up with the game right now..

Both young and passionate with a lot to prove and well liked and respected..

What they would need is full support from the front office and time to excecute the plan and implement their system..
NYGM

Postby taowave » April 15, 2018, 12:15 pm

Bundeholzer introduced Hardaway to the D league and introduced him to the concept of D..Works for me
taowave

Postby dcapodic » April 15, 2018, 12:28 pm

It almost saddens me that this is all we have to talk about as Knicks fans but that being said....I wouldn't know Fizdale if he jumped up in front of me and punched me in the face but literally everyone I hear talk about him has nothing but good things to say and I know that I don't want:

Marc Jackson - why, just why go there
JVG - Past his time, better to stay as an announcer
Blatt - Not too sour on him but what does he really bring
....any other retreads....I know Fizdale is technically a retread but his was a special circumstance and the players were pissed when he got let go.

Ugh...!
- Thanasis Antetokounmpo spelled backwards is Opmnuokotetna (which is Swahili for Hand Sanitizer). Mr. Glass, circa 2014
dcapodic

Postby thewatcher » April 15, 2018, 12:40 pm

^^I concur dacap, only I have a more positive spin on it, Fiz looks like a good communicator as far as this guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjydOI4 ... s&index=15 NO!!
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
thewatcher

Postby Boston_PuppyDawg » April 15, 2018, 2:14 pm

New York has received permission to talk with a former Knicks head coach – Los Angeles Clippers assistant Mike Woodson, league sources tell ESPN.
Calderon: "It’s no fun when you try to win for the Knicks and people want you out of the Knicks.” (2/18/16)
Boston_PuppyDawg

Postby taowave » April 15, 2018, 2:18 pm

Oh Boy...

Boston_PuppyDawg wrote:New York has received permission to talk with a former Knicks head coach – Los Angeles Clippers assistant Mike Woodson, league sources tell ESPN.
taowave

Postby StevoStarks » April 15, 2018, 2:21 pm

I like Woody and I think he's a solid players coach. Wouldn't be mad if it ended up being him honestly.

Fiz
Woodson
Stackhouse (deserves better for first coaching gig)
Hammon (deserves better for first coaching gig)
Blatt
Rivers
Vogel
Jackson
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby Boston_PuppyDawg » April 15, 2018, 2:24 pm

New York is finalizing plans to meet with three of the top candidates for the Knicks' head coaching job this week -- David Fizdale, Mark Jackson and Jerry Stackhouse, league sources tell ESPN.
Calderon: "It’s no fun when you try to win for the Knicks and people want you out of the Knicks.” (2/18/16)
Boston_PuppyDawg

Postby Boston_PuppyDawg » April 15, 2018, 2:54 pm

The Knicks have set up a meeting with ex-Cavaliers coach David Blatt too, league sources tell ESPN.
Boston_PuppyDawg

Postby Boston_PuppyDawg » April 15, 2018, 2:56 pm

Boston_PuppyDawg wrote:New York has received permission to talk with a former Knicks head coach – Los Angeles Clippers assistant Mike Woodson, league sources tell ESPN.

Clearly Mr Perry pick
Boston_PuppyDawg

Postby Boston_PuppyDawg » April 15, 2018, 2:57 pm

Boston_PuppyDawg wrote:The Knicks have set up a meeting with ex-Cavaliers coach David Blatt too, league sources tell ESPN.

And this is clearly Mr Mills pick

After leading a Turkish team to the Eurocup championship this season, Blatt is only one of two coaches to have won the Eurocup, Euroleague and Eurobasket titles. https://t.co/tZJTYFTK7o
Boston_PuppyDawg

Postby NYGM » April 15, 2018, 3:00 pm

dcapodic wrote:It almost saddens me that this is all we have to talk about as Knicks fans but that being said....I wouldn't know Fizdale if he jumped up in front of me and punched me in the face but literally everyone I hear talk about him has nothing but good things to say and I know that I don't want:

Marc Jackson - why, just why go there
JVG - Past his time, better to stay as an announcer
Blatt - Not too sour on him but what does he really bring
....any other retreads....I know Fizdale is technically a retread but his was a special circumstance and the players were pissed when he got let go.

Ugh...!

Dcap that's all good.. Guys like Fitzdale and Bundeholzer are guys who could change your franchise and be the new Spolesltra or Stevens for you..

No need to keep going to the "known" guys unless your a veteran team (like Doc and the Celtics).. We don't need those guys IMO..

If the guy brings credibility and respect by the young players (besides knowing his stuff) then better..

Let's face it we need to be appealing to players again, KP is well liked in the league, a coach that can lure some guys is great too..

You got to start somewhere, why not with the right coach..
NYGM

Postby NYGM » April 15, 2018, 3:01 pm

Just say NO!..

Damn, why are we targeting old coaches? We supposed to be about relating to new age players.. WTF?
NYGM

Postby Ari_Ingus » April 15, 2018, 3:03 pm

Boston_PuppyDawg wrote:The Knicks have set up a meeting with ex-Cavaliers coach David Blatt too, league sources tell ESPN.

I like Blatt the most, because he had an assistance coach - Latvian who was also head coach for team Latvia in European cup. KP have good relationships, he is a good coach and Blatt is intelligent manager
Ari_Ingus

Postby NYGM » April 15, 2018, 3:07 pm

This could be another strong option as well..

Besides clashing with LeBron (not his fault IMO, more like a management problem there), still got the record to show and the merits worldwide..

Obviously the guy knows the game and seems to be an innovator as a coach with the "modern Princeton offense"..

Also the relationship with Perry is strong and you could say he would be the preferred option..

I prefer Fitzdale but understand that Blatt makes sense..
NYGM

Postby ISIAH_THOMAS » April 15, 2018, 3:26 pm

My problem with blatt/is idk if he has the toughness to coach in NY. Media is already making jokers about it

Say no to potato head and preacher mark Jackson

Staxkhouse is my/dark horse

Also can they interview someone off the Greg pop coaching tree..Messina??? Call up bud. I would trade a future second for a good coach
TAKE THAT FOR DATA
ISIAH_THOMAS

Postby spree#8 » April 15, 2018, 3:39 pm

I don't think that we re-hire him, but it would be golden. Such a smash in Phil Jackson's face...
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby NYGM » April 15, 2018, 3:39 pm

ISIAH_THOMAS wrote:My problem with blatt/is idk if he has the toughness to coach in NY. Media is already making jokers about it

Say no to potato head and preacher mark Jackson

Staxkhouse is my/dark horse

Why not? He's coached all over the world.. Also got to the finals once in the league (you can't ignore that)..

There's no LeBron here trying to impose his agenda on the coach and i would like to get away from LeBron and his clique.. he should be able to relate to KP and Frank from the start..

And the most important thing he would be fully backed up by the front office.. The media can say what they want but his record talks for him right from the start, I think anyone smart understand what was the real problem back in Cleveland..

Every Euro star who could be a future rotational pivotal player (like Kukoc with the bulls) would be open to play for Blatt in NY..
NYGM

Postby ISIAH_THOMAS » April 15, 2018, 3:50 pm

NY is a different animal than anywhere the people here are tough and it's the media capital. Will Blatt hold players accountable? I wasn't a fan of him letting lebron walk all over him. Knicks need a tough minded coach who is willing to call players out for there shit./is blatt capable of that? BTW I think he can coach just not sure this is the market for his personality
TAKE THAT FOR DATA
ISIAH_THOMAS

PreviousNext

Return to New York Knicks