Jeff Hornacek Thread - Fired ( Page 9) and Updated with New Coach Poll

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Pick the New Coach

Blatt
10%
Fizdale
29%
Doc Rivers
2%
Mark Jackson
7%
Budenholzer
29%
Messina
No votes
Stackhouse
17%
Borrego
No votes
Becky Hammon
2%
Other
2%

Total votes : 41

Re: Jeff Hornacek Thread - Fired ( Page 9) and Updated with New Coach Poll

Postby ISIAH_THOMAS » April 20, 2018, 7:56 pm

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2326 ... es-borrego

Among the Knicks' head-coaching interviews already completed, David Fizdale and Jerry Stackhouse made strong cases for themselves, league sources told ESPN.

Ian Begley

@IanBegley
Atlanta coach Mike Budenholzer will meet with the New York Knicks on Sunday, per league sources.
TAKE THAT FOR DATA
ISIAH_THOMAS

Postby Boston_PuppyDawg » April 20, 2018, 10:42 pm

Our GM(s) doing their due diligence and being proactive on the coach search....i tell you guys I'm not that used to having competence in our organization this is refreshing
Calderon: "It’s no fun when you try to win for the Knicks and people want you out of the Knicks.” (2/18/16)
Boston_PuppyDawg

Postby gradyandrew » April 21, 2018, 3:41 am

Boston_PuppyDawg wrote:Our GM(s) doing their due diligence and being proactive on the coach search....i tell you guys I'm not that used to having competence in our organization this is refreshing

Really, because it seems like the gm and owner publicly shitting on Jeff (he doesn't get today's players) over the objections of THJ seems like the old Knicks to me.

Why do you even need to give an excuse beyond "different direction"? The team played hard all season. It didn't seem like he had a problem with anyone besides Noah.
This is a FAN page that relies on its members for content and commentary. So don't be a lurker, be a POSTER, even if it's just a picture of a fat guy eating a hamburger.
gradyandrew

Postby Red » April 21, 2018, 5:34 am

NYGM wrote:
One question..

Why Mark Jackson is not being interviewed for any job opening?..

Guys like Fizdale and Bundeholzer are being considered for other teams.. No other team is showing interest in Mark Jackson..

Matter of fact he seems to be in our radar only because he's a "new york guy"..

I want no part of a big drama show (left that to GGG)..

Because an application he did not submit. (Yoda voice)
The thing that separates good from great is consistency.- Red
Red

Postby ISIAH_THOMAS » April 21, 2018, 8:13 am

Jeff Van Gundy fans time to change your vote as Knicks have no interest in him. I swapped him out for Hawks head coach Budenholzer
TAKE THAT FOR DATA
ISIAH_THOMAS

Postby ISIAH_THOMAS » April 21, 2018, 8:18 am

The Knicks plan to meet with Hawks coach Mike Budenholzer, an NBA source confirmed. Both sides appear ready to move on as Atlanta embarks on its massive rebuilding process. According to a source, Budenholzer is upset at losing some of his say in personnel matters.

Reports are Atlanta still would want draft-pick compensation — which sources said the Knicks are reluctant to give, and they assuredly won’t cough up a first-round pick. The Knicks would be more inclined to offer financial compensation, which could be a sticking point.
TAKE THAT FOR DATA
ISIAH_THOMAS

Postby nazrmohamed » April 21, 2018, 9:18 am

Then nope^^^^^

I'm not happy with our draft situation now. Wtf would I engage in any action in which I give up draft picks?
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby taowave » April 21, 2018, 10:16 am

They will offer cash if it even gets that far..
taowave

Postby cragganmor » April 21, 2018, 11:15 am

I think we're interviewing Borrego JIC ATL wants draft picks; he's younger, also longtime from the Coach Pop lineage.
cragganmor

Postby NYGM » April 21, 2018, 11:21 am

ISIAH_THOMAS wrote:http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23267997/new-york-knicks-interview-david-blatt-next-week-meet-spurs-assistant-james-borrego

Among the Knicks' head-coaching interviews already completed, David Fizdale and Jerry Stackhouse made strong cases for themselves, league sources told ESPN.

Ian Begley

@IanBegley
Atlanta coach Mike Budenholzer will meet with the New York Knicks on Sunday, per league sources.

Can we get BOTH?
NYGM

Postby NYGM » April 21, 2018, 11:29 am

cragganmor wrote:I think we're interviewing Borrego JIC ATL wants draft picks; he's younger, also longtime from the Coach Pop lineage.

I think we won't be giving any draft picks..

Looking for talented coaches is good.. Some of them are well respected and should be able to grow with the team..

Hopefully we can get some kind of combination of young coaches..
NYGM

Postby StevoStarks » April 21, 2018, 6:06 pm

ISIAH_THOMAS wrote:http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23267997/new-york-knicks-interview-david-blatt-next-week-meet-spurs-assistant-james-borrego

Ian Begley

@IanBegley

My current top 2. But admittedly tough situation for a rookie NBA coach.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby dcapodic » April 22, 2018, 5:04 pm

StevoStarks wrote:
My current top 2. But admittedly tough situation for a rookie NBA coach.

I actually think that the Knicks are a pretty good team for a young coach. The expectations are low for next season so he will get a full year with little pressure.
- Thanasis Antetokounmpo spelled backwards is Opmnuokotetna (which is Swahili for Hand Sanitizer). Mr. Glass, circa 2014
dcapodic

Postby Boston_PuppyDawg » April 22, 2018, 9:51 pm

Mills, Perry and developmental director Craig Robinson will fly to Europe this week to meet with former Cavaliers coach David Blatt. Spurs assistant coach James Borrego, who worked with Perry in Orlando, also is set to meet with Knicks brass but San Antonio remains alive in the playoffs.
Calderon: "It’s no fun when you try to win for the Knicks and people want you out of the Knicks.” (2/18/16)
Boston_PuppyDawg

Postby NewlyKnicked » April 23, 2018, 3:16 am

dcapodic wrote:The expectations are low for next season so he will get a full year with little pressure.

Expectations are always sky high in NYC. They should be lying at the bottom of the sea with KP down, but, looking at different forums, there are always people saying "if THJ reaches another level" or "if Frank develops", "if we get [insert the name of any flashy coach]" or " if we get gold in the draft"... patience is not the strongest suit of Knicks fans. Hopefully our FO is a little more realistic
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
NewlyKnicked

Postby NewlyKnicked » April 23, 2018, 3:19 am

ISIAH_THOMAS wrote:https://nypost.com/2018/04/22/mike-budenholzer-wants-knicks-job-because-hes-sick-of-losing/ wut

can somebody please tell this man about KP being down next year?
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
NewlyKnicked

Postby maxinquaye11 » April 23, 2018, 6:04 am

https://nypost.com/2018/04/23/knicks-co ... -of-famer/

“He was excited about the conversation he had with Steve and Scott,’’ Brown said. “He told me it went well. It’s not rocket science. It’s basketball. He had success [as a head coach] in New York and Atlanta and with me in Detroit and Philly, and he’s sat next to Doc [Rivers] the last four years. Those are pretty good things in his favor.

add to that the valuable lesson he learned to not mess with the 2pg. Stubborn potato head got big like D'antoni. fooled himself into thinking that it was all his coaching.

Let the 2pgs think and run the offensive side while you go focus on defense.

we have the better, taller, faster and younger version of Felton and Prigioni now with Burke and Knilly. Not rocket science.
Last edited by maxinquaye11 on April 23, 2018, 6:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
 " Stat at 3 was code for Melo playing in the low post..." - n8 the gr8

"I don't ever wanna hear anyone bash max's 2 pg love again." - H20Knick

"Cant lie, he did play better off the bench." - nazrmohammed
maxinquaye11

Postby Don Che » April 23, 2018, 6:25 am

I like the diligence but....all this means it gives them more chances to mess it up
Don Che

Postby maxinquaye11 » April 23, 2018, 6:31 am

D'antoni's downfall in PHX was refusing to lower down his stubborn pride in getting a defensive coach to compliment his stellar offense. Learned his lesson there and humbly cooperated in Houston. For Woodson, its the opposite. Let the 2pgs (offensive coaches) handle the offense like they did during the 54 win season.

We have the perfect 2nd tall pg in Frank and you all know it. Trey Burke maybe as small as felton but he is way more talented and this you also know very well. If your only argument is that THJ got the big contract so he should start, then like Ben Simmons, my point is in pretty good shape.
 " Stat at 3 was code for Melo playing in the low post..." - n8 the gr8

"I don't ever wanna hear anyone bash max's 2 pg love again." - H20Knick

"Cant lie, he did play better off the bench." - nazrmohammed
maxinquaye11

PreviousNext

Return to New York Knicks