Jeff Hornacek Thread - Fired ( Page 9) and Updated with New Coach Poll

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Pick the New Coach

Blatt
10%
Fizdale
29%
Doc Rivers
2%
Mark Jackson
7%
Budenholzer
29%
Messina
No votes
Stackhouse
17%
Borrego
No votes
Becky Hammon
2%
Other
2%

Total votes : 41

Re: Jeff Hornacek Thread - Fired ( Page 9) and Updated with New Coach Poll

Postby NewlyKnicked » May 3, 2018, 5:15 am

It would be interesting to pair them again no doubt about that and the Suns have surely considered it, but I just wanted to stress that Kokoskov isn't just about Doncic
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
NewlyKnicked

Postby NewlyKnicked » May 3, 2018, 5:20 am

On another note, OKC keeps Donovan.
Russ loves him, so they make sure he's happy, but the Thunder could use a new vision and new systems. Idt PG was the problem and Melo will probably opt in
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
NewlyKnicked

Postby NYGM » May 3, 2018, 7:54 am

BenNY89 wrote:Whats all the Hype about Fizdale? I love how the Knicks cant just stick to quality guys with lengthy/proven coaching records to interview...smh

He's regarded as one of the best up and coming coaches out there..

Values conditioning and defense, regarded as a great cominucator and most players love him (Wade and LeBron for example).. The guy has the passion for the game, the knowledge and takes no bullshit mentality..

Since when are we linked to young promising coaches?

Proven? How many "proven" coaches have failed here?..
NYGM

Postby Don Che » May 3, 2018, 9:42 am

A lot of ppl here are not really understanding the next coach hire.

we are taking the next coach on projection. Not specifically pedigree. We have a young team and at minimum gonna have a losing season next year.

we arent bringing in the next coach to "be" the final piece.

we are brining in the coach to build the vision itself.

so a "lengthy/proven" coach isnt going to take this gig hence Bud is prolly going to the bucks.

that leaves Blatt/Fiz/Stackhouse/Mark Jackson

whoever you like is your poison but dont get it twisted...we are hiring a coach that we think will have their best/longevity years ahead of them. Not behind them.
Don Che

Postby Don Che » May 3, 2018, 9:55 am

More onto the Fiz situation.

you know whats a phrase he used in this press conference? "they werent out competed"

Its interesting hearing Fiz say that...mainly because Thibs(long time assistant under Riley/JVG) said the same thing about our old knicks teams. "That team may lose but they wont be out competed"

something his Bulls teams were also...his team now is a diff story.

Riley was the head coach and had 2 video coordinators ....Erik Spo and you guessed it David Fizdale. We all know how this goes, Eric takes over, Wade loves him...Fiz is an assistant..Lebron comes in..tries to punk aka "Blatt" Erik and Riley said Erik is my guy and thats how this is gonna go...so Lebron calmed down and that group won rings.

While i do know Pat is a rat..and a douche but with those things you can't help but respect the guy. Riley as a coach fought for his players and as a president fought for his coaches and demanded everyone to be in great shape and accountable. Fiz is from that same clothe based on the interview above..standing up for Mike and Zach ...hes tough/demands respect and some superstars will struggle with that like Marc but when you get a star player to buy into that..like Wade did with Spo..you build something great and its pure irony that the guy we didnt give control to in Riley(obv a big mistake) is the same guy's disciple that can lead our rebuild.

Riley/JVG/Thibs/Clifford/Spo/Fiz are all in the same coaching tree and personally I'd go to war with ANY of those dudes...most of their teams have a lot of things in common. After that you just pray that you get superstar talent that buys in.

http://heatzone.blog.palmbeachpost.com/ ... na-in-him/
Don Che

Postby NYGM » May 3, 2018, 10:33 am

Don Che wrote:More onto the Fiz situation.

you know whats a phrase he used in this press conference? "they werent out competed"

Its interesting hearing Fiz say that...mainly because Thibs(long time assistant under Riley/JVG) said the same thing about our old knicks teams. "That team may lose but they wont be out competed"

something his Bulls teams were also...his team now is a diff story.

Riley was the head coach and had 2 video coordinators ....Erik Spo and you guessed it David Fizdale. We all know how this goes, Eric takes over, Wade loves him...Fiz is an assistant..Lebron comes in..tries to punk aka "Blatt" Erik and Riley said Erik is my guy and thats how this is gonna go...so Lebron calmed down and that group won rings.

While i do know Pat is a rat..and a douche but with those things you can't help but respect the guy. Riley as a coach fought for his players and as a president fought for his coaches and demanded everyone to be in great shape and accountable. Fiz is from that same clothe based on the interview above..standing up for Mike and Zach ...hes tough/demands respect and some superstars will struggle with that like Marc but when you get a star player to buy into that..like Wade did with Spo..you build something great and its pure irony that the guy we didnt give control to in Riley(obv a big mistake) is the same guy's disciple that can lead our rebuild.

Riley/JVG/Thibs/Clifford/Spo/Fiz are all in the same coaching tree and personally I'd go to war with ANY of those dudes...most of their teams have a lot of things in common. After that you just pray that you get superstar talent that buys in.

http://heatzone.blog.palmbeachpost.com/ ... na-in-him/

"Ferocious EFFORT"..

That's what i want..
NYGM

Postby spree#8 » May 3, 2018, 12:45 pm

All our candidates want to (and most should) have their best NBA coaching days in front of them, with Woodson and Blatt the only really old guys. If everything goes according to plan, we have one more losing season before getting back into playoff contention, so our team has appeal to any coaching candidate. The question is whom do we want/rate the highest and can we reach an agreement?

My first choice remains Budenholzer, but if we can hire Woodson and Howard as assistants to Fizdale (so signing three of our candidates), that also would have some charm to it. Giving one of the highly regarded assistants (Stackhouse, Howard, Borrego, Larranga) their first real opportunity could be interesting and Brown might be better than his reputation, so we have some nice candidates. All seven (Budenholzer, Fizdale, Stackhouse, Howard, Borrego, Larranga and Brown) are between 41 and 48 in age.

Blatt and Jackson certainly should get another shot by some team, but I'm not sure they fit with us and NY's market, because they come with major question marks and I don't need any more circus when it comes to coaches, just wish for stability.

So to sum up: I like the seven guys 48 and under for our position and wouldn't consider the four above 53.
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby Don Che » May 3, 2018, 12:48 pm

I'd be surprised if Bud takes us over the Bucks.
Don Che

Postby spree#8 » May 3, 2018, 12:56 pm

Don Che wrote:I'd be surprised if Bud takes us over the Bucks.

We could hire him before he even talks to them. Depends on how well our meeting went. The Bucks needing a new coach doesn't come as any surprise, yet there were reports that Budenholzer wants the Knicks job. Having coached Duncan for many, many years might make KP very appealing to Budenholzer. We are in a very flexible position to go forward, have endless resources to work with and of course the Knicks are the most prestigious job you can take over right now. Not sure why he wouldn't want to come if we have him on top of our list. Question is: is he number one of Perry/Mills?
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby Don Che » May 3, 2018, 2:00 pm

i think hes at the top of our list...i just think Bud would rather take a full on playoff roster from year 1 than ours.

could be wrong..depends on how the interview went and usually when we need to hope things go our way..it doesnt lol

so i hope your right

with that said I'm completely thrilled that we are even comparing btwn these 2 coaches. I wanted Bud here when we hired (at that time the high profile hire) Mike D'Antoni i felt Bud was the better choice then. And I've mentioned the good things I like about Fiz.

either one i think we have good basketball minds at the helm.
Don Che

Postby Muzhik1 » May 3, 2018, 4:27 pm

The Bud will not take the Knicks job unless they overpay. As much as he gave freedom to Mills and Perry, the final decision is still up to Dolan. After what happened with Larry Brown and Phil Jackson, he might not be willing to spend a fortune on a coach for a rebuilding team.

I think what happened is that Bud told the Knicks to pay up an amount that even Dolan would not be comfortable with.

Fizdale would come much cheaper, but so would Blatt.
Muzhik1

Postby H20Knick » May 3, 2018, 4:45 pm

IT'S FIZDALE!

Adrian Wojnarowski

Verified account

@wojespn
3m3 minutes ago
More
David Fizdale has agreed to a deal to become the New York Knicks coach, league sources tell ESPN.

it's been a lonnnng time since I beat BPD at some news
Fort Knox. Hard Knox. Knock Knox. It doesn't matter. Hall of Fame in 20.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
H20Knick

Postby Boston_PuppyDawg » May 3, 2018, 4:46 pm

Breaking: David Fizdale has agreed to a deal to become the New York Knicks head coach, per @wojespn https://t.co/gb9pkG00Kd
Calderon: "It’s no fun when you try to win for the Knicks and people want you out of the Knicks.” (2/18/16)
Boston_PuppyDawg

Postby Muzhik1 » May 3, 2018, 4:47 pm

Muzhik1

Postby big_j_NY » May 3, 2018, 4:49 pm

'DEY NOT GON' ROOK US
#EmbraceTheTank2019

#InPorzingisWeTrust

Hassan Whiteside wrote:I'm just tryin...tryin 2 really get my NBA 2K rating up
big_j_NY

Postby H20Knick » May 3, 2018, 4:52 pm

the soundbites we're going to get with FizzyWood are gonna be excellent.
Fort Knox. Hard Knox. Knock Knox. It doesn't matter. Hall of Fame in 20.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
H20Knick

Postby big_j_NY » May 3, 2018, 4:53 pm

Fiz gonna be droppin' more bars at a MSG press conference than Shawn Carter :LOL:
#EmbraceTheTank2019

#InPorzingisWeTrust

Hassan Whiteside wrote:I'm just tryin...tryin 2 really get my NBA 2K rating up
big_j_NY

Postby StevoStarks » May 3, 2018, 4:57 pm

I'm actually happy about this. Fuck, I'm actually ok with this hiring. God I hope it pans out. It has all the ingredients to, but you never know.

Is Woody joining him?
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby Muzhik1 » May 3, 2018, 4:59 pm

Adrian Wojnarowski
‏Verified account @wojespn
7m7 minutes ago

Adrian Wojnarowski Retweeted Adrian Wojnarowski

Fizdale will sign a four-year contract with the Knicks, league source tells ESPN.
Muzhik1

Postby ISIAH_THOMAS » May 3, 2018, 5:01 pm

The Knicks needed a strong personality
TAKE THAT FOR DATA
ISIAH_THOMAS

PreviousNext

Return to New York Knicks