12/28/17: New York Knicks @ San Antonio Spurs (L 107-119)

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

spree#8
Likes given: 540

Championship 16/17 wrote:It will, and shoot for the stars. You don't trade O'Quinn who is the heart and soul of this team and will probably give you a home town discount. Also nobody is giving us a 1st round pick for O'Quinn bc nobody can see or realize his true value, you put him on a contender and I guarantee we regret trading him. I said the Knicks will make a splash at the trade deadline back in Nov and that's what they should do. I only agree with is not making a coaching change and waiting for next season or letting him play out his contract.
The Knicks aren't looking to make a splash at the trade deadline. We are looking to clear a logjam at center (so we don't want any players) and are trying to get a pick while doing it. That's all. That's why O'Quinn with his contract is the logical choice from day one. Might be a second rounder. The more picks we have for the draft, the better. Especially if we want to trade up. BTW: that we look to trade O'Quinn is a prediction, not an opinion. 8-)
#knickstape
gradyandrew
Likes given: 0

Koopa, rebound I really don't get why you guys are so down on Jack. He's saved this season and probably the franchise for the next 5 years. No f-ing way we are even sniffing .500 without him. Sure Tony Parker had a run to start the game, but seriously, he's a finals MVP psyched to be playing again and has been making those shots for a dozen years. Nobody is stopping him. The point is the Knicks stayed in it almost all game until the beginning of the 4th, even then the Knicks kept fighting. The bigger problems were that KP kept fronting Aldridge to no effect and plenty of easy layups and Frank couldn't hit anything. He had 3 or 4 open 3s that missed.

No one else sees this team competing from start to finish? Jeff's the best coach we've had since, I don'tkknow, JVG. When you say "he's horrible about developing young talent" what the hell is that based on? Kanter and Mc D were the worst defenders in the NBA. Rewatch the preseason games, all teams did was exploit those two. Now that's not the case. You wanna bitch about Dotson and Willy not playing, hey they've had their chances and have to play better than the dudes in front of them before they get game time. It's the only way to coach and you can see the payoff, down 10 2 minutes left, on the road vs. the spurs and these guys still think they have a chance to win.
Randle in the Rafters
shakespeare
Likes given: 0

Championship 16/17 wrote: Frank's ceiling is Penny Hardaway
If he becomes Avery Bradley, as suggested, I'm good.
#TeamTank
Don Che
Likes given: 9

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/03/spor ... ingis.html

I agree..

When we r at our best....our style does fit

we have some pieces we just need better shooters from the guard position and passing from the bigs on offense...and we do have guys who fit that. but gotta add more to it. Defense is another issue....and figure out if TIm is a 6th man or does he have the potential to defend at high level or his average but solid defense now is its peak