Trey Burke anyone?

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

taowave
Likes given: 844

Never poke a sleeping bear :happy:

Plus,we haven't made any boneheaded moves..
maxinquaye11
Likes given: 6

Real knows real.

" Stat at 3 was code for Melo playing in the low post..." - n8 the gr8

"I don't ever wanna hear anyone bash max's 2 pg love again." - H20Knick

"Cant lie, he did play better off the bench." - nazrmohammed
maxinquaye11

“I take Frank to the gym a lot early in the morning, just to build that chemistry,” Burke said. “I believe last year he played better when I was on the floor with him because he had a guy to take the pressure off him handling the ball. He can play a spot-up and when he’s ready to be aggressive and get in the lane and make plays, he could. I think he played much better with me, and he’d say that as well. I definitely see us in the backcourt a lot.

I knew it. Those workouts were for the 2pg. Frank himself agrees and it sounds as if coach fiz is on board also refusing to say that frank is a point guard.

I cant wait to replace my forum profile pic from Felton-Prigioni to Burke-Ntilikina.

https://www.google.com.ph/amp/s/nypost. ... eason/amp/

StevoStarks
Likes given: 9

maxinquaye11 wrote:“I take Frank to the gym a lot early in the morning, just to build that chemistry,” Burke said. “I believe last year he played better when I was on the floor with him because he had a guy to take the pressure off him handling the ball. He can play a spot-up and when he’s ready to be aggressive and get in the lane and make plays, he could. I think he played much better with me, and he’d say that as well. I definitely see us in the backcourt a lot.

I knew it. Those workouts were for the 2pg. Frank himself agrees and it sounds as if coach fiz is on board also refusing to say that frank is a point guard.

I cant wait to replace my forum profile pic from Felton-Prigioni to Burke-Ntilikina.

https://www.google.com.ph/amp/s/nypost. ... eason/amp/
Loving that shit Trey Burke! Team oriented.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
gradyandrew
Likes given: 0

Good points though, thus far Frank has not shown that he has the handle to be an NBA pg. Seems like theres a lot of talk about him being moved to a wing slot, the added bulk being the key to being able to hold his own on both ends of the court. If trey puts up 15/5 for the season and the Knicks win 20-25 game, does Perry offer him 10 or 15 million on a 3 year contract? Because if theres one thing we know about Perry, its that he loves giving out the big contracts.
Randle in the Rafters
maxinquaye11

Knickyankee3

I don't understand Fiz approach with Burke. There's two guys on the entire roster who can make a shot off the dribble semi consistently, he's one of them along with Tim. So seeing Burke DNP'd half the season makes no sense. It was nice to see him show what he can do last night.
keep calm and switch on defense.
Rusty La Rue
Likes given: 814

Knickyankee3 wrote:I don't understand Fiz approach with Burke. There's two guys on the entire roster who can make a shot off the dribble semi consistently, he's one of them along with Tim. So seeing Burke DNP'd half the season makes no sense. It was nice to see him show what he can do last night.
Half the season :? It was 2 games with DNPs for Burke and before those 2 games he wasn't playing well... so fair enough for Fiz to try something else... right now it is Hezonja getting DNPs so most of our guys should get ready to miss games from time to time througout the season as Fiz tries different lineups...
2023 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2020 Co-NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
"Everybody gets excited about youth except the coach, because he knows youth means mistakes, mistakes mean losses, losses means you're fired."
maxinquaye11

Trey Burke is the first knick since john starks to record 20pts and 10asts.That shot at the end reminded me more of Jeremy Lin vs Toronto. Thank you Trey for bringing us home.
Last edited by maxinquaye11 on November 22nd, 2018, 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spree#8
Likes given: 547

maxinquaye11 wrote:Trey Burke first knick since john starks to record 20pts and 10asts
First Knick with 25 and 10 off the bench since Starks.
Ian Begley
ESPN Staff Writer
Per ESPN Stats & Info, Trey Burke is the first Knicks player with 25 points and 10 assists off the bench since John Starks on March 31, 1992 against the Bulls. He had 29 and 11 in a win over Boston on Wednesday.
#knickstape
maxinquaye11

Thanks for the correction spree.

Yes, off the bench and eventual starter John Starks

Starbury3

Knickyankee3 wrote:I don't understand Fiz approach with Burke. There's two guys on the entire roster who can make a shot off the dribble semi consistently, he's one of them along with Tim. So seeing Burke DNP'd half the season makes no sense. It was nice to see him show what he can do last night.
Agreed.

With all the roster fixes this year I actually don't recall a lineup this year with Trey and Frank at the 1 and 2. If so, how long we ran it and what the success was. Would love to see the offense defense balance for more than a few games.

Would love to a lineup of:
Trey
Burke
Tim
Mitch
Vonleh
NYGM
Likes given: 490

Fiz is looking at several things..

He's trying to see what combinatons work best..

All this from the start of the season with some players nursing injuries, some players going through slumps, some players inconsistency..

Lets see what he eventually finds thos combos who work better..
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 251

Lol Trey at PG. Burke at SG. I know what you meant. I'd like any lineup with Frank in it, pretty much. There are enough guys who wanna score.
maxinquaye11

Time to test a trey and mudiay 2pg with frank as off the bench back up for pg sg or the 3.