Trey Burke anyone?

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: Trey Burke anyone?

Postby Mike1989 » February 25, 2018, 2:33 pm

Don Che wrote:Also to consider the idea that Burke out of college was compared to kyle Lowry......who struggled his first 4 years and became an all star at 27 or so

Maybe its time hes made that stride.

Sometimes you just need to find the right environment to breakout and perhaps he has found that with us?

There are a lot of players that don't put things together until a number of years down the line. If Burke continues to play like he is, then there is a strong case to be made for him to become our starting PG for the remainder of the season, and his strong numbers continue then the argument will be for him to retain that role next season. There is no doubt that he is a talented player and could be a good contributor for us. So let's hope that he continues to get opportunities and is committed and determined enough to take them, because as far as I'm concerned I'd rather see him on the court than Mudiay.
Mike1989

Postby taowave » February 25, 2018, 4:07 pm

Don,read my post in the game thread.It sounds like Burke did not take the game of basketball very seriously..

The fact that he chose to play in the D league as opposed to signing with OKC speaks volumes about his commitment
taowave

Postby gradyandrew » February 25, 2018, 7:47 pm

Mike1989 wrote:If Burke continues to play like he is, then there is a strong case to be made for him to become our starting PG for the remainder of the season, and his strong numbers continue then the argument will be for him to retain that role next season. There is no doubt that he is a talented player and could be a good contributor for us. So let's hope that he continues to get opportunities and is committed and determined enough to take them, because as far as I'm concerned I'd rather see him on the court than Mudiay.

Even next game vs. GSW it's tough not to make the argument that Burke should be starting. If it's a meritocracy then Burke has already shown that he is the best.

Mudiay actually had a good 2nd quarter vs BOS getting Enes two buckets on the pick and roll and that layup before the buzzer. His mistakes seem to all be mental, nothing wrong with his ability. So the problem with pulling Mudiay is what does that do for his confidence? Also Emmanuel seems like the better fit with the starters and Jeff doesn't seem like the guy who will make whole sale changes. My guess is Jeff tinkers with the minutes so that Mudiay still starts but Burke finishes.
This is a FAN page that relies on its members for content and commentary. So don't be a lurker, be a POSTER, even if it's just a picture of a fat guy eating a hamburger.
gradyandrew

Postby maxinquaye11 » February 25, 2018, 7:51 pm

" Stat at 3 was code for Melo playing in the low post..." - n8 the gr8

"I don't ever wanna hear anyone bash max's 2 pg love again." - H20Knick

"Cant lie, he did play better off the bench." - nazrmohammed
maxinquaye11

Postby NYGM » February 26, 2018, 10:17 am

I don't get the rush for starting him..

Let him play at least a week of good ball before shifting the line up again..

Mudiay just started 2 games, we're not talking about JJ here.. If he keeps this up of course you consider it..

Not need to rush IMO.. He's getting his minutes and coaching staff confidence..
NYGM

Postby nazrmohamed » February 26, 2018, 10:43 am

I'm not opposed to starting him. It's not like he's a prospect folks, he's 25yrs old. Besides, this season is a throw away record wise. If he's playing well I think you gotta reward him and show that it's a results based business. At least amongst the young PGs
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby Don Che » February 26, 2018, 10:48 am

IDC what we do as long as we dont win lol
Don Che

Postby StevoStarks » February 26, 2018, 2:50 pm

Exactly. He's getting minutes either way so not sure why starting him does anything different unless you specifically want to see him paired with someone.

I like the way Jeff is allocating minutes right now and as long as we keep competing and losing, then I don't think we can ask for anything more out of this season.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby nazrmohamed » February 26, 2018, 3:53 pm

Steve, where's my cat man. I loved that cat.
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby StevoStarks » February 26, 2018, 4:42 pm

nazrmohamed wrote:Steve, where's my cat man. I loved that cat.

The internet stole it back. Let me try to find it again.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby nazrmohamed » February 26, 2018, 5:02 pm

PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby NYGM » February 26, 2018, 7:04 pm

nazrmohamed wrote:Image

Those guys look like Carlton from the fresh Prince..
NYGM

Postby nazrmohamed » February 26, 2018, 9:15 pm

Idk what to say. There's not much of an argument against him other than wanting to develop younger guys, but he's a younger guy. I'd love to see him play with Hardaway more.
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby maxinquaye11 » February 26, 2018, 9:21 pm

The point of my all-caps-demand is because of the hard decisions and sacrifices he made just to be in new york. He wanted to be here. Lets go start him now like we did Porzingis who also desired to be here. Build rome from day one. Guy is the real deal coupled with tremendous character. Iverson reversed
 " Stat at 3 was code for Melo playing in the low post..." - n8 the gr8

"I don't ever wanna hear anyone bash max's 2 pg love again." - H20Knick

"Cant lie, he did play better off the bench." - nazrmohammed
maxinquaye11

Postby taowave » February 26, 2018, 11:31 pm

For whatever reasons, Management/Jeff are going to ride with Mudiay as the starter for now...
taowave

Postby NewlyKnicked » February 27, 2018, 4:58 am

taowave wrote:For whatever reasons, Management/Jeff are going to ride with Mudiay as the starter for now...

higher potential supposedly and bigger question mark
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
NewlyKnicked

Postby Don Che » February 27, 2018, 6:54 am

maxinquaye11 wrote:The point of my all-caps-demand is because of the hard decisions and sacrifices he made just to be in new york. He wanted to be here. Lets go start him now like we did Porzingis who also desired to be here. Build rome from day one. Guy is the real deal coupled with tremendous character. Iverson reversed

He's not Iverson... just stop suggesting that agenda Lol

If you saw what AI was doing to the league at 25 you wouldn't even consider such a thought..... Tim Hardaway is closer to Reggie miller than Trey is to AI Lol and that's also a retarded comparison

Trey is playing well....he's Kyle Lowry LITE.... but so was Kyle Lowry at 25 actually.

What KP is to us isn't what Trey is.
Don Che

Postby ISIAH_THOMAS » March 25, 2018, 7:28 pm

Best PG the Knicks have had since Jeremy Lin

Trey Iverson got game
TAKE THAT FOR DATA
ISIAH_THOMAS

Postby taowave » March 25, 2018, 7:47 pm

Don,I hear you,and I keep on waiting for Trey to fall flat on his face,but the guy keeps on delivering.I am biased as I respect him for opting for the G league over OKC...

He has been our best player since being called up..
taowave

Postby big_j_NY » March 25, 2018, 7:53 pm

Trey has earned himself the backup PG role for next season, clearly. If Mudiay has a team option this summer, I don't think the Knicks pick up that option UNLESS they want to use him as a "trade piece" for next season.
#EmbraceTheTank2019

#InPorzingisWeTrust

Hassan Whiteside wrote:I'm just tryin...tryin 2 really get my NBA 2K rating up
big_j_NY

PreviousNext

Return to New York Knicks