1/7/18: New York Knicks @ Dallas Mavericks (W 100-96)

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

1/7/18: New York Knicks @ Dallas Mavericks (W 100-96)

Postby rtn393 » January 7, 2018, 3:28 pm

Please post all pre-game predictions, in-game observations, and post-game analysis in this thread, but start separate threads for topics not directly related to the game.


ImageImage


PROJECTED STARTERS

PG: Jarrett Jack vs. Dennis Smith Jr.
SG: Courtney Lee vs. Wes Matthews
SF: Lance Thomas vs. Harrison Barnes
PF: Kristaps Porzingis vs. Maximilian Kleber
C: Enes Kanter vs. Dirk Nowitzki

ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
rtn393
Global Moderator
 
Joined: July 24, 2003, 2:35 pm

Re: 1/7/18: New York Knicks @ Dallas Mavericks (7:00 pm)

Postby rebound » January 7, 2018, 3:56 pm

dallas tanks the right way.
Team Mills
User avatar
rebound
 
Joined: January 21, 2004, 11:42 pm

Re: 1/7/18: New York Knicks @ Dallas Mavericks (7:00 pm)

Postby spree#8 » January 7, 2018, 4:11 pm

rebound wrote:dallas tanks the right way.


Because they have won 11 of their last 24? :? Because they don't play vets? Wait: Nowitzki, Matthews, Powell, Kleber, Harris, Mejiri and Barea are between 26 and 39. They play 3 guys 25 under in their regular rotation. :?

BTW: interestingly almost every team that was expected to tank has already gone on a big competitive stretch. Dallas and especially Chicago now, the Clippers got back into it despite the injuries, Orlando won early, Phoenix didn't give up, Memphis might fight back once Conley is back...
#knickstape
User avatar
spree#8
 
Joined: June 5, 2006, 12:21 pm

Re: 1/7/18: New York Knicks @ Dallas Mavericks (7:00 pm)

Postby Ari_Ingus » January 7, 2018, 4:23 pm

spree#8 wrote:Because they have won 11 of their last 24? :? Because they don't play vets? Wait: Nowitzki, Matthews, Powell, Kleber, Harris, Mejiri and Barea are between 26 and 39. They play 3 guys 25 under in their regular rotation. :?

BTW: interestingly almost every team that was expected to tank has already gone on a big competitive stretch. Dallas and especially Chicago now, the Clippers got back into it despite the injuries, Orlando won early, Phoenix didn't give up, Memphis might fight back once Conley is back...


I think people realize that you can`t build a winning franchise by loosing on purpose.
User avatar
Ari_Ingus
 
Joined: December 1, 2016, 9:25 am

Re: 1/7/18: New York Knicks @ Dallas Mavericks (7:00 pm)

Postby Ari_Ingus » January 7, 2018, 4:25 pm

Wrong post i guess, but ESPN informs that some team are interested in Willy.
http://www.espn.com/nba/team/_/name/ny/new-york-knicks
Last edited by Ari_Ingus on January 7, 2018, 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Ari_Ingus
 
Joined: December 1, 2016, 9:25 am

Re: 1/7/18: New York Knicks @ Dallas Mavericks (7:00 pm)

Postby thewatcher » January 7, 2018, 4:29 pm

I would take a 2nd round pick for Willie.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
User avatar
thewatcher
 
Joined: September 12, 2007, 7:19 am

Re: 1/7/18: New York Knicks @ Dallas Mavericks (7:00 pm)

Postby spree#8 » January 7, 2018, 4:40 pm

thewatcher wrote:I would take a 2nd round pick for Willie.


Why? He is a first round talent that will prove that again if we hold on to him or trade him. Willy stays. But definitely the wrong thread.
#knickstape
User avatar
spree#8
 
Joined: June 5, 2006, 12:21 pm

Re: 1/7/18: New York Knicks @ Dallas Mavericks (7:00 pm)

Postby Muzhik1 » January 7, 2018, 4:41 pm

KP will step up and have a good game against Dirk, but who's else will?
Muzhik1
 
Joined: December 16, 2011, 11:59 pm

Re: 1/7/18: New York Knicks @ Dallas Mavericks (7:00 pm)

Postby nazrmohamed » January 7, 2018, 6:50 pm

thewatcher wrote:I would take a 2nd round pick for Willie.


That's way too low. People forget that here was a guy who upon starting averaged a double- double. Granted we lost most of those games but it doesn't take away from the fact that he could do it. Based on that you say there goes your backup.

But big picture thinking, in the perfect world Kanter gets you a late first or perhaps anther teams youngin who maybe needs the right situation and because losing him would most likely lose us games, put us in position to draft the C of the future between either Ayton/Bamba/Jackson...... And Willy simply assumes his rightful positron as backup C .

If in 2 yrs our rotation is

Pf-KP/Some stretch 4
C-Bamba/WHG

Then we did a good job rebuilding
PHISHER
User avatar
nazrmohamed
 
Joined: December 16, 2004, 8:06 pm
Location: Rockland, Ny

Re: 1/7/18: New York Knicks @ Dallas Mavericks (7:00 pm)

Postby ISIAH_THOMAS » January 7, 2018, 7:05 pm

Yeah I'm not trading willy for a 2nd rounder

This team needs another top 20 pick though
TAKE THAT FOR DATA
User avatar
ISIAH_THOMAS
 
Joined: October 13, 2014, 10:25 pm

Re: 1/7/18: New York Knicks @ Dallas Mavericks (7:00 pm)

Postby Championship 16/17 » January 7, 2018, 7:40 pm

Willy stays, especially for a 2nd round pick.
Championship 16/17
 
Joined: May 31, 2015, 3:18 pm

Re: 1/7/18: New York Knicks @ Dallas Mavericks (7:00 pm)

Postby NYGM » January 7, 2018, 7:43 pm

Good first qrt..

KP looking good..
User avatar
NYGM
 
Joined: June 10, 2003, 8:03 am
Location: Argentina

Re: 1/7/18: New York Knicks @ Dallas Mavericks (7:00 pm)

Postby Championship 16/17 » January 7, 2018, 7:44 pm

nazrmohamed wrote:
That's way too low. People forget that here was a guy who upon starting averaged a double- double. Granted we lost most of those games but it doesn't take away from the fact that he could do it. Based on that you say there goes your backup.

But big picture thinking, in the perfect world Kanter gets you a late first or perhaps anther teams youngin who maybe needs the right situation and because losing him would most likely lose us games, put us in position to draft the C of the future between either Ayton/Bamba/Jackson...... And Willy simply assumes his rightful positron as backup C .

If in 2 yrs our rotation is

Pf-KP/Some stretch 4
C-Bamba/WHG

Then we did a good job rebuilding


I agree with 80% percent of this, but on the right track.
Championship 16/17
 
Joined: May 31, 2015, 3:18 pm

Re: 1/7/18: New York Knicks @ Dallas Mavericks (7:00 pm)

Postby NYGM » January 7, 2018, 7:45 pm

ISIAH_THOMAS wrote:Yeah I'm not trading willy for a 2nd rounder

This team needs another top 20 pick though


No way..

He just needs PT..

Can score, rebound and pass..
User avatar
NYGM
 
Joined: June 10, 2003, 8:03 am
Location: Argentina

Re: 1/7/18: New York Knicks @ Dallas Mavericks (7:00 pm)

Postby DerekHarper » January 7, 2018, 8:07 pm

its derekharper night
DerekHarper
 
Joined: August 27, 2003, 3:00 pm
Location: Riverdale (aka no crime keep your door unlocked 50th precinct)

Re: 1/7/18: New York Knicks @ Dallas Mavericks (7:00 pm)

Postby NYGM » January 7, 2018, 8:09 pm

DerekHarper wrote:its derekharper night


Congrats!!! :clap:
User avatar
NYGM
 
Joined: June 10, 2003, 8:03 am
Location: Argentina

Re: 1/7/18: New York Knicks @ Dallas Mavericks (7:00 pm)

Postby bobhait » January 7, 2018, 8:35 pm

thanks to DH the Knicks are getting the extra time to think about how they're fucking up this game - the Mavs are garbage and should have been down 20 at halftime. also, half that Dallas squad looked gassed two minutes into the second quarter, but with extended halftime they'll be well rested for the second half
Hornacek Era prelude
User avatar
bobhait
 
Joined: January 1, 2005, 12:56 am
Location: new york

Re: 1/7/18: New York Knicks @ Dallas Mavericks (7:00 pm)

Postby Ari_Ingus » January 7, 2018, 9:10 pm

i want KP to pass much more so badly. But whenever he does that, the other guys throws a brick and i tell my self, well better KP would shoot it himself. Strange situation. Maybe thats why he is not passing? there is no one who shoots better.
User avatar
Ari_Ingus
 
Joined: December 1, 2016, 9:25 am

Re: 1/7/18: New York Knicks @ Dallas Mavericks (7:00 pm)

Postby Ari_Ingus » January 7, 2018, 9:17 pm

Frank very solid on 4th
User avatar
Ari_Ingus
 
Joined: December 1, 2016, 9:25 am

Re: 1/7/18: New York Knicks @ Dallas Mavericks (7:00 pm)

Postby Ari_Ingus » January 7, 2018, 9:20 pm

well, NYK is playing some amazing defense. Or Dallas are just shit
User avatar
Ari_Ingus
 
Joined: December 1, 2016, 9:25 am

Next

Return to New York Knicks

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Championship 16/17 and 14 guests