Are you sure Frank was the guy??

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

taowave
Likes given: 844

Frank looked like a completely different guy.

He looked relaxed but was very aggressive at the same time. I liked what I saw..
thewatcher
Likes given: 2682

Yeah Frank looks very happy playing SG; good thing; Emmanuel should also learn SG. Where are the Burke haters?
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
Don Che
Likes given: 9

right here.....hes still not a starting PG moving forward for a good team.

its funny that the Burke lovers get hype for a good game against the orlando magic where both teams tried to lose.

Burke is the type of guy that when good teams run flat against a bad team....you bring in Burke to bring energy and beat bad teams.

when the goings gets tough....he's on the bench.

with that said i think getting a guy who can shoot off the dribble with a higher talent level would do wonders.
spree#8
Likes given: 547

Players never try to lose. Burke is a very fine change of pace guard for us. Gotta keep working and he could be a Lou Williams type of player for us.
#knickstape
cragganmor
Likes given: 93

thewatcher wrote:Yeah Frank looks very happy playing SG; good thing; Emmanuel should also learn SG. Where are the Burke haters?
He's adequate for now. Jeff said it perfectly, Burke's D was the difference last night. True, he runs the p&r adequately, good shooting off the dribble; both are things we need to improve on the team. But Trey himself said he was dog tired after the game, that's how it should be if you are active on both sides of the ball. That's what will determine whether he's a legit starter in the league. Still hopeful he can continue to elevate his overall game, last night was a good opening statement by Trey.
taowave

They are laying in the weeds,waiting to pounce on him after one mediocre game..His D has really picked up..
Like to see him be a bit more of a facilitator,but he's been a great addition..
thewatcher wrote:Yeah Frank looks very happy playing SG; good thing; Emmanuel should also learn SG. Where are the Burke haters?
taowave

Don, Burke has been really good since being called up..It's his D that's always been in question.. .. .60 TS?? Absolutely no complaints on offense..

Don Che wrote:right here.....hes still not a starting PG moving forward for a good team.

its funny that the Burke lovers get hype for a good game against the orlando magic where both teams tried to lose.

Burke is the type of guy that when good teams run flat against a bad team....you bring in Burke to bring energy and beat bad teams.

when the goings gets tough....he's on the bench.

with that said i think getting a guy who can shoot off the dribble with a higher talent level would do wonders.
Don Che

spree#8 wrote:Players never try to lose. Burke is a very fine change of pace guard for us. Gotta keep working and he could be a Lou Williams type of player for us.
i agree...at his best he can be Lou..and the fact we gave nothing and pay him minimum..thats a huge plus.

hes also in a contract year we should of given him a deal for next year also
thewatcher

Becomi.g sweet Lou Williams?? He'll yeah I'd take that. Lou would be our best guard probably.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
Don Che

we both agree that he's a keeper...we just disagree on where he is in the line up in a good situation.

hes a Lou Williams/Jamal Crawford/Nate Robinson type scorer if things go well.

he's not a starting PG on a playoff bound team...nor would i build a team with that in mind.

which isnt a knock on him....just sayin what he is.
thewatcher

Don you're not a hater. I guess if Burke exploded like bitcoin we could add Tony Parker to the list? It's kind of amazing the way some small pgs can maneuver in small spaces. I guess he reminds me a little of nate. We need Fan back here lol.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
Don Che

hahaha yeh i think those guys are so hard to read in regards to impact.

Tony is a different breed....Pop built a defense to hide him and on offense while Tony is small...he abused the paint more than any other PG in our generation....period

and Tony for a while was one of the fast guards in shift as well as straight ahead.

Burke's game would need to take 3 levels up...and if that happens....i'd be furious because he isnt 19 lol
taowave

He needs to show that he is a capable facilitator...
It appears he can score..

Don Che wrote:we both agree that he's a keeper...we just disagree on where he is in the line up in a good situation.

hes a Lou Williams/Jamal Crawford/Nate Robinson type scorer if things go well.

he's not a starting PG on a playoff bound team...nor would i build a team with that in mind.

which isnt a knock on him....just sayin what he is.
Don Che

yeh hes not that guy..and thats ok..we just gotta create a situation where he can be that guy
spree#8
Likes given: 547

spree#8 wrote:Players never try to lose. Burke is a very fine change of pace guard for us. Gotta keep working and he could be a Lou Williams type of player for us.
Don Che wrote: i agree...at his best he can be Lou..and the fact we gave nothing and pay him minimum..thats a huge plus.

hes also in a contract year we should of given him a deal for next year also
We did as far as I know. Begley tweeted it and basketballinsiders posted so many details that I think we did: http://www.basketballinsiders.com/new-y ... am-salary/#
#knickstape
Don Che

oh thats perfect...i thought we only picked him up for the rest of this year and thats it
taowave

Burke has been signed for the rest of the season with a team option for 2018-19.
Don Che wrote:oh thats perfect...i thought we only picked him up for the rest of this year and thats it
taowave

Like Jeff's thinking on this one
.you could see how much more comfortable Frank was playing off the ball. He was clearly overthinking things..

Hornacek was particularly impressed with the chemistry Ntilikina and Burke, who was called up from Westchester in January, had together off the bench and appeared to like the idea of keeping them together.

“They can run different things,” Hornacek said. “Trey is very good in pick and rolls and Frank was able to get on the weak side and do that so the focus isn’t all on him. Trey comes off and swings it to Frank and set a pick and roll there, so there is not as much focus and allows Frank to do a few things.”
rebound
Likes given: 1141

TOM THIBODEAU'S NEW YORK KNICKS PRESENT:
HEROBALL. A STORY OF THE MID RANGE FADEAWAY JUMPER.
STARRING JALEN BUMSON AND DUBIOUS HANDLES.
gradyandrew
Likes given: 0

Frank doesn't look like the PG of the future but he's been killing it as the SG.
Randle in the Rafters