Kanter needs to be traded

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: Kanter needs to be traded

Postby taowave » January 20, 2018, 11:16 am

Sadly,the days of 2 first round draft picks for the likes of Mozgov is long gone..
taowave

Postby spree#8 » January 20, 2018, 11:29 am

taowave wrote:Sadly,the days of 2 first round draft picks for the likes of Mozgov is long gone..

Yeah, nobody seems to throw first-rounders around anymore. :cry: The Nets probably have to re-enter the lottery in 2019, before teams forget...
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby Championship 16/17 » January 20, 2018, 5:57 pm

spree#8 wrote:
If you try to move Kanter for a first-round pick you will have to take on a player you don't want on a bad, long contract. Won't happen. Just doesn't make any sense. So unless you find a lucky trade with Kanter involved (which I don't see), nothing will happen on that front.

Moving O'Quinn is just way easier and it's a move to clear a logjam, not a move just to make a move. Getting a second-rounder for a player you won't resign is always an OK move.

This time I only agree with you don't move Willy for a second-round pick, because he is a first-round talent on one of the best contracts in the league. But we didn't talk about this.

I never said to move Kanter for a 1st and a bad contract.

I think we will resign Quinn and removing the logjam at center starts with a Kanter trade, IMO.
Championship 16/17

Postby NewlyKnicked » January 22, 2018, 11:22 am

Came across this idea for a trade with the Blazers:
Knicks Give: Enes Kanter
Knicks Receive: Evan Turner and Portland’s 2018 first-round draft pick

Turner is still due 18M$ over the next two seasons and he cant shoot the 3ball, but adding a pick (currently 20th) would be pretty nice and Evan has his moments (8.8ppg, 3.5rpg, 2.2apg with 45 FG%, 29% from 3pt)
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
NewlyKnicked

Postby Championship 16/17 » January 27, 2018, 10:56 am

This is the perfect time to trade Kanter and pieces for DeMarcus Cousins. Kanter will eventually make the Knicks a clown ass team, Jared Dudley spoke the truth. LeBron is a b*t*h, but got the best out of Kanter. LeBron might drop 50 points on us in April if Kanter is still on this team. Kanter has to go, been saying it all season. The NBA players are going to come down on him and he will be exposed on a nightly basis.

You trade for DeMarcus now, you get a good look at Willy while he rehabs, you lose a significant portion of your games hypothetically so we can get a top 5 pick. The Pelicans have playoff in their mind, this is the perfect chance to steal DeMarcus when his value is low. LeBron picked DeMarcus on his team for the All-star, that means a lot in my book. LeBron is a hoe, but he does know NBA talent. We monitor Cousins progress and if he comes back 100% resign him, if not we let him walk. Package Baker and Lance in DeMarcus trade as well, two shrubs that got to go. This also allows DeMarcus to gradually get situated in New York, see the game from the bench, get accustomed to the players, etc, etc.

Kanter came to new york and got caught up with the bright lights and environment and fucked up.
Championship 16/17

Postby taowave » January 27, 2018, 11:06 am

I wouldn't call 14 and 10 fucking up...

Agree with his trade value at an all time high...
taowave

Postby Don Che » January 27, 2018, 12:51 pm

Lmaoooo @ cousins being traded here
Don Che

Postby nazrmohamed » January 27, 2018, 12:52 pm

NewlyKnicked wrote:Came across this idea for a trade with the Blazers:
Knicks Give: Enes Kanter
Knicks Receive: Evan Turner and Portland’s 2018 first-round draft pick

Turner is still due 18M$ over the next two seasons and he cant shoot the 3ball, but adding a pick (currently 20th) would be pretty nice and Evan has his moments (8.8ppg, 3.5rpg, 2.2apg with 45 FG%, 29% from 3pt)

Do it, do it
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby Starbury3 » January 27, 2018, 2:40 pm

Am I the only one here who loved Kanter's not give a damn attitude? He gave what Booker deserved after that hard foul on THJ while also knowing he already had one technical foul. Smart play IMO to get him thrown out while also adding some grittiness to the Knicks.

The dude isn't afraid to speak out to Lebron and the Dictator of his own country. Fearless.
Starbury3

Postby Don Che » January 27, 2018, 10:42 pm

kanter is the man...and is a good player...but in today's generation hes just not atheltic enough to be a guy you build with.
Don Che

Postby cragganmor » January 28, 2018, 12:27 am

he'd fit in perfectly next to oak and mase, but that nba is gone; it's a lot more skilled and athletic. his game works fine against the bottom third of the league but starts to falter as we play postseason caliber teams. he's a first-rate part-time player, can make a strong impact for you in 24 mpg.

kanter's toughness in a 6'9" package, more lateral quicks and lift, a perimeter shot but the same physical presence and hard-nosed approach to getting the ball under the basket would make him an excellent fit for us. i doubt if he will get physically quicker and his recognition will perhaps get only incrementally better on defense. his j is not his strong suit; teams would be glad to see him launch shots from distance.

i don't think perry is shopping kanter all over the league, but has probably made some inquiries to teams in need of an interior presence in exchange for a draft pick. obviously, the pels are in need after boogies terrible injury, so there is an opportunity.
cragganmor

Postby NewlyKnicked » January 28, 2018, 6:50 am

Kanter getting under Devin « no pubes » Booker was the best part of the game. Enes gets a lots of extra points from me for that
NewlyKnicked

Postby Championship 16/17 » January 28, 2018, 2:05 pm

Don Che wrote:Lmaoooo @ cousins being traded here

There is an opportunity here, to get a 1st round pick or Cousins while his value is low. The NBA players have spoken about Kanter, and it holds more weight on what his peers say than actually fans. Resigning Kanter long term and not trading him when his value is high will be a costly mistake for the knicks. Trading Kyle or Willy over Kanter is another one. You will soon see Kanter's true colors, but it will be too late bc the window of opportunity closes with every second of delay.
Championship 16/17

Postby Don Che » January 28, 2018, 2:13 pm

and injued all star/ all nba player doesnt lower his value.

we are not even in the stratosphere asset wise to even pick up the phone. I get what your saying but I'm just letting you know its impossible.

also....if Cousins and AD can't work....idt Cousins and KP can...plus hes a knuckle head but before i even dive into that....we dont have 1 thing that NO wants for their franchise player.
Don Che

Postby Don Che » January 28, 2018, 2:18 pm

oh and I'm ok with trading Kanter....but it wont happen and getting a all star back..esp Cousins.

Kanter plays a position that no one in the nba needs...and he makes a solid amount so.....i doubt we get real value...the smartest business sense move is to pray he opts out and let him walk.

I'd rather lose him for nothing than take a bad contract back and w/e you get bigger contracts...your hindering the younger players you really want to give a chance..similar to where we are now.
Don Che

Postby Championship 16/17 » January 28, 2018, 2:30 pm

Nothing is impossible, also a ruptured Achilles injury changes things. This type of injury lowers a players value bc not many come back to full stren gth. You talk about losing Kanter for nothing, DC is a FA after this season, and that scenario works too.

Who said anything on taking back a bad contract? The only player that's being hindered is Willy, with Kanter gone and DaMarcus rehabbing, this allows our young player to showcase his talent.

So you lose an allstar big man and the Pelicans will not be looking to find a replacement big man :?
Championship 16/17

Postby Don Che » January 28, 2018, 2:39 pm

Champ...love the enthusiasm but Kanter will not be traded for Cousins. and I can't think of too many reasons why I'd want him here.
Don Che

Postby Championship 16/17 » January 28, 2018, 2:53 pm

You want him here bc we need to increase our talent, it's proven that Boogie and Kanter can play with all-star caliber bigman. The Pelicans could definitely use a player of Kanter's abilities, and without a doubt ensures AD is the franchise player. He is clearly the best big going forward and pairing him with Kanter is still a championship quality front court. On the other hand, KP and Kanter is not championship level front court duo, their are still questions on KP being that dude so Kanter suffers bc he is an average talent. With this trade we roll the dice and what Willy can do, if he shows he cannot be a champion ship quality frontcourt you get rid of him. We know what DeMarcus can do, we just need him to take his time and get healthy while Willy decides his fate.
Championship 16/17

Postby NewlyKnicked » January 29, 2018, 5:19 am

Don Che wrote:and injued all star/ all nba player doesnt lower his value.

we are not even in the stratosphere asset wise to even pick up the phone. I get what your saying but I'm just letting you know its impossible.

also....if Cousins and AD can't work....idt Cousins and KP can...plus hes a knuckle head but before i even dive into that....we dont have 1 thing that NO wants for their franchise player.

That's a bit of an overstatement. The Pelicans aint at the top yet, but I've seen big improvements from the end of last season to this one in the AD-Boogie relationship on the floor. They are 6th in the West which is pretty good when your 2 best players have barely a season together (I know, Houston...).

My point is, Boogie + KP could very well work... although as you stated I would consider the Pel staff mental to go with a Kanter-Boogie swap
NewlyKnicked

Postby H20Knick » January 29, 2018, 10:20 am

I don't understand at all why the Pelicans would do this? There isn't anything Kanter does that Cousins doesn't do better.

And as much as I like Cousins, the last thing the knicks need to be doing is spending all their money on bigs again. I dont even want to fathom what ridiculous number he's going to get this offseason, achilles or not.

I'm on the side of "If Kanter fetches a lottery pick, I move him. If he doesn't. He stays." He's been really good this year for us. He's still young. He wants to play here. He's the most spirited player we have. And I don't know how anyone can call him a phony when the dude regularly goes at Erdogan.
Fort Knox. Hard Knox. Knock Knox. It doesn't matter. Hall of Fame in 20.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
H20Knick

PreviousNext

Return to New York Knicks