Kanter needs to be traded

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: Kanter needs to be traded

Postby NYGM » January 29, 2018, 10:46 am

Why Portland would want Kanter? They already have Nurcick right?
NYGM

Postby Don Che » January 29, 2018, 12:00 pm

NYGM wrote:Why Portland would want Kanter? They already have Nurcick right?

yup...Kanter wont go there

kanter is no where nears Cousins in any aspect of the game

Noah/KP/Kanter take up majority of our salary....putting cousins in there is retarded.

we need our money dispered in guys who can play multiple positions. its a moot point and just not worth discussing since NO would never...NEVER do this trade.
Don Che

Postby Championship 16/17 » January 30, 2018, 1:50 am

Wow, the Unicorn said we should add talent as opposed to trading our veteran players i.e Courtney Lee and Kyle Q.

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york/knicks

This is exactly what I've been saying, look at my last post. The knicks need to add talent!
Championship 16/17

Postby spree#8 » January 30, 2018, 3:29 am

He is a player, so of course he wants his team to get better, not worse in the short-term. There is probably no player that wants to lose a teammate for a pick.
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby gradyandrew » January 30, 2018, 5:31 am

spree#8 wrote:He is a player, so of course he wants his team to get better, not worse in the short-term. There is probably no player that wants to lose a teammate for a pick.

Except Nick Young and Deangelo Russell.
It’s not the frustration of the fans of us losing, they want to see the dog, they want to see that fight, they want to see that hunger inside of you. - THJ
Management didn't get that memo.
gradyandrew

Postby nazrmohamed » January 30, 2018, 7:52 am

NYGM wrote:Why Portland would want Kanter? They already have Nurcick right?

I don't see it being so crazy. You don't have that "but they already have" situations when you come to the reality that Kanter is your contenders back up C. In other words starter on a lottery team.

It's really us who dont understand it.
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby Championship 16/17 » January 30, 2018, 10:38 am

This is the last thing I'm going to say about this topic.

If Tobias Harris can be the best player in return for an all-star bigman , then Kanter can be that return player for an all-star bigman. DeAndre Jordan is obviously available, but I would only focus my assets on only the best. A Kanter/THJ and a 2nd round pick combination could get it done, taking a lil from Detroit's structure. If your paying all this money to players that you think are are in the roles they will not fulfill. Trade them, if you have doubt THJ can't be a 2 or 3rd option on a championship team, get rid of him. IMO, best case for him is 4th option. And that means he fits perfectly with the Pelicans. If you have doubt that Kanter can't be a 2nd or 3rd option, then it is time to trade him. IMO, best case for Kanter is 5th option or 6th man.

You satisfy KP's request for increasing the talent (we all know Boogie can be a 2nd or 3rd option) but you do what's best for the franchise bc boogie is hurt and we need to lose and get a top 5 pick, all while Willy shows us what he can do.

Okay, that's it for me, hopefully the Knicks make a splash at the trade deadline.
Championship 16/17

Postby spree#8 » January 30, 2018, 2:28 pm

Championship 16/17 wrote:This is the last thing I'm going to say about this topic.

If Tobias Harris can be the best player in return for an all-star bigman , then Kanter can be that return player for an all-star bigman. DeAndre Jordan is obviously available, but I would only focus my assets on only the best. A Kanter/THJ and a 2nd round pick combination could get it done, taking a lil from Detroit's structure. If your paying all this money to players that you think are are in the roles they will not fulfill. Trade them, if you have doubt THJ can't be a 2 or 3rd option on a championship team, get rid of him. IMO, best case for him is 4th option. And that means he fits perfectly with the Pelicans. If you have doubt that Kanter can't be a 2nd or 3rd option, then it is time to trade him. IMO, best case for Kanter is 5th option or 6th man.

You satisfy KP's request for increasing the talent (we all know Boogie can be a 2nd or 3rd option) but you do what's best for the franchise bc boogie is hurt and we need to lose and get a top 5 pick, all while Willy shows us what he can do.

Okay, that's it for me, hopefully the Knicks make a splash at the trade deadline.

Prepare yourself that the Knicks make one little trade to clear the center logjam and that's it. I don't see a splash nor a firesale. Anything can happen if we get approached aggressively with great offers, but from our side I expect us to just have that one little move in mind for now.
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby H20Knick » January 30, 2018, 2:39 pm

We all waited with bated breath last trade deadline for the knicks to move lee and oquinn for prospects and/or picks and nothing happens. So im not going to get my hopes up this time around
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION

All aboard the Doncic express!
H20Knick

Postby NewlyKnicked » January 30, 2018, 3:20 pm

H20Knick wrote:We all waited with bated breath last trade deadline for the knicks to move lee and oquinn for prospects and/or picks and nothing happens. So im not going to get my hopes up this time around

you know you are ;)
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
NewlyKnicked

Postby spree#8 » January 30, 2018, 3:27 pm

Yeah, it's just not that easy. This time, we want to clear a center logjam, the Suns with Chandler, Monroe and Len want to do the same and a guy like DeAndre Jordan could also be in a market that doesn't have as much use for centers as it used to be. So hopefully there are enough buyers. I think we will be able to move O'Quinn or Hernangomez (preferably O'Quinn), but of course we can only wait and see.
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby thewatcher » January 31, 2018, 6:04 am

Kanter witha 20-20, 5 assists game!! OMG his trade value is higher than Bitcoin!! fck Boogie, trade Kanter for the Brow ASAP!!!! (if AD isn't enough shoot for the Blood-Moon)...GET LANCE STEVENSON!!! :drunk:
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
thewatcher

Postby Red » January 31, 2018, 6:16 am

^agreed.

It's a sad truth but he's probably our best chance at acquiring an essential piece going forward. But this is business. Looking forward to the Kanter Flip.

Kanter: 'May ask for a trade' if he replaces Love on Team LeBron
Charles Barkley summed it up well when he asked Smith, "Have you seen the Knicks play?"
Red

Postby NewlyKnicked » January 31, 2018, 6:20 am

Kanter : "I may ask for a trade" when joking about being chosen to replace injured Kevin Love on AllStar Team LeBron :LOL:
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
NewlyKnicked

Postby thewatcher » January 31, 2018, 7:58 am

Red, i was being sarcastic, sorry for the confusion, I really don't think KP would tolerate Kanter being traded, so he won't be. But Willie and maybe KOQ are gone.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
thewatcher

Postby nazrmohamed » January 31, 2018, 2:07 pm

thewatcher wrote:Red, i was being sarcastic, sorry for the confusion, I really don't think KP would tolerate Kanter being traded, so he won't be. But Willie and maybe KOQ are gone.

Listen, I'll defend KP so far as to say I believe in him, wanna keep him and want to acquire players that compliment him (and I mean of the highest potential mind you). But I'm not making personelle decisions based on his fucking opinion alright. I'm not gonna have to check in with Janis on every decision. Gtfoh. That's where I get annoyed.

If I wanna forget this whole rebuild and get better players (although I don't) then that's why I'm gonna do. If I wanna sell off everything and have have more draft picks that'll take 3 years to develop, that's what I'll do. And if his team can't handle that then we could arrange his trade right now.
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby taowave » January 31, 2018, 2:59 pm

Lets be real..trading is about value,or perceived value...

I think most of us would move Kanter for a top 15 pick...

But I doubt thats happening
taowave

Postby thewatcher » January 31, 2018, 3:40 pm

Nazr, didn't mean to antagonize you, I'm just saying it's reasonable for KP to want a playoff run, it's been shitty here the last 2 years, I think he would accept trading Oquinn and maybe lee for the rebuild, I think Kanter might be too far, but like Tao said, if we can get a top 15 pick for him, of course we trade him.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
thewatcher

Postby gradyandrew » January 31, 2018, 8:13 pm

Finally we have a guy that wants to be here and is clearly the heart of this team, and you guys want to trade him? I just don't see it. I think he's a great pairing with KP. KP has the perimeter game but is terrible on the post up, so KP can draw the other big out and let Kanter do his one on one magic. On defense, KP wrecks havoc with weakside blocks but can't rebound, while Kanter's unique combination of strength and agility gets him way more boards than you would think. He's young and a 4 year contract would get him for his prime along with KP. He also doesn't get injured much and looks like a guy who won't go Amare at 28 years old.
It’s not the frustration of the fans of us losing, they want to see the dog, they want to see that fight, they want to see that hunger inside of you. - THJ
Management didn't get that memo.
gradyandrew

Postby taowave » January 31, 2018, 8:17 pm

He doesn't defend and I really like him
taowave

PreviousNext

Return to New York Knicks