Willy requests trade.....

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: Willy requests trade.....

Postby H20Knick » February 6, 2018, 7:51 am

Mr3037 wrote:Just read that the Wizards are trying to trade for D.Jordan....and are willing to part with Gortat & Oubre.

COULD we possibly convince them IF they cant get Jordan to take Kanter in some package to get Gortat & Oubre?
I'm guessing we'd have to part with a pick, MAYBE even our 1st rounder but Oubre is still hella young and can ball AND is a SF which we need....


No way in giving up a pick in that deal
Fort Knox. Hard Knox. Knock Knox. It doesn't matter. Hall of Fame in 20.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
User avatar
H20Knick
 
Joined: August 11, 2004, 11:42 pm
Location: nova/dc metro

Re: Willy requests trade.....

Postby Minkaveli » February 6, 2018, 8:43 am

Instead of earning playing time, complain about it? He couldn't beat out Kyle. Not sure what that says about his long term potential tbh.
No longer sick and tired that Kurt wasn't hired.
User avatar
Minkaveli
 
Joined: September 18, 2003, 2:46 pm
Location: Seattle, Wa

Re: Willy requests trade.....

Postby Championship 16/17 » February 6, 2018, 9:52 am

Minkaveli wrote:Instead of earning playing time, complain about it? He couldn't beat out Kyle. Not sure what that says about his long term potential tbh.


You gotta understand who is running the show right now and who won't give these players a chance. He is starting Jarret Jack & Kanter over Frank Ntilikina & Willy Hernangomez to try to keep his job and win games, but he is destroying the development of these players. Jeff wont be here long term, and keeping the players he likes is a mistake. I think another coach would have a different starting lineup. Jeff is ruining the long term potential of this team, Kanter at 25 will be the same player at 30. You know what you have with Kanter but it's not even working, and Jeff is familiar with Kanter from his Utah days. You don't know what you have with Willy, and I think he is frustrated bc he knows he is more but is not giving the chance. This coach should be gone next season, don't make any moves with players that you dont understand their full potential, the Knicks will regret it.
Championship 16/17
 
Joined: May 31, 2015, 4:18 pm

Re: Willy requests trade.....

Postby NewlyKnicked » February 6, 2018, 10:31 am

Enes is Willy next Pokémon evolution and that’s if everything goes right. Plus Willy is only 2 years younger, so who knows if he’ll reach that level by then.

Also KP should understand if Willy goes to another team for pt. Welcome to the nba

The only viable argument for Willy is his cheap price tag. That’s it.
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
User avatar
NewlyKnicked
 
Joined: November 2, 2016, 12:08 pm

Re: Willy requests trade.....

Postby Championship 16/17 » February 6, 2018, 12:01 pm

NewlyKnicked wrote:Enes is Willy next Pokémon evolution and that’s if everything goes right. Plus Willy is only 2 years younger, so who knows if he’ll reach that level by then.

Also KP should understand if Willy goes to another team for pt. Welcome to the nba

The only viable argument for Willy is his cheap price tag. That’s it.



In the words of Dr Ronald Quincy from Armageddon, you're wrong, I'm right!

Willy will be an all-star in this league under the right tutelage and will surpass Kanter. Where you will see the biggest discrepancy in talent is comparing their performance in a playoff series with equal playing time. Book it!
Championship 16/17
 
Joined: May 31, 2015, 4:18 pm

Re: Willy requests trade.....

Postby Don Che » February 6, 2018, 12:15 pm

i dont think Willy will be an All Star unless hes in the perfect situation.

Kanter/Willy are both in the David Lee category...meaning they could be borderline all stars on bad teams but will come off the bench on great teams.
User avatar
Don Che
 
Joined: September 23, 2007, 4:53 pm
Location: Queens

Re: Willy requests trade.....

Postby Championship 16/17 » February 6, 2018, 1:14 pm

Don Che wrote:i dont think Willy will be an All Star unless hes in the perfect situation.

Kanter/Willy are both in the David Lee category...meaning they could be borderline all stars on bad teams but will come off the bench on great teams.



David Lee was an all-star, your wrong too about Willy. Willy can be a starter and an all-star on a great team Kanter will be a borderline all-star whether he starts or comes off the bench.
Championship 16/17
 
Joined: May 31, 2015, 4:18 pm

Re: Willy requests trade.....

Postby Don Che » February 6, 2018, 1:38 pm

how many times was lee an all star and how many times was he an all star when another all star didnt get hurt?

im a big Lee fan..but in today's NBA Champ..sorry but your idea of talent evaluation with Kanter and Willy is flat out wrong.

Kanter was exposed last year in the playoffs...and while he's done well for us and I like all players mentioned...Kanter wouldnt be an all star if you put him on the top 5 teams of either conference. and due to his defense..he prolly wouldnt start on them either...he would start on the warriors....but would he start over Adams/Kevin Love/Capela just to name a few? nope

he'd be the first big off the bench and wouldnt be an all star. Closest he'd be to being an all star is actually this year.

Willy is in that same range...actually I may argue Lee is better than all 3 of them...better passer/just as good of a rebounder/none of the 3 excel on defense/Lee is a bit more mobile and had sick outlet passes lol....but the only winning teams he was on......he was on the bench.
User avatar
Don Che
 
Joined: September 23, 2007, 4:53 pm
Location: Queens

Re: Willy requests trade.....

Postby Championship 16/17 » February 6, 2018, 2:06 pm

Don Che wrote:how many times was lee an all star and how many times was he an all star when another all star didnt get hurt?

You can make the team once and your considered an all-star for that season. I don't have time to google the above.

im a big Lee fan..but in today's NBA Champ..sorry but your idea of talent evaluation with Kanter and Willy is flat out wrong.

:relief: To each his own

Kanter was exposed last year in the playoffs...and while he's done well for us and I like all players mentioned...Kanter wouldnt be an all star if you put him on the top 5 teams of either conference. and due to his defense..he prolly wouldnt start on them either...he would start on the warriors....but would he start over Adams/Kevin Love/Capela just to name a few? nope

I think your arguing with yourself here, never said Kanter was an all-star

he'd be the first big off the bench and wouldnt be an all star. Closest he'd be to being an all star is actually this year.

Willy is in that same range...actually I may argue Lee is better than all 3 of them...better passer/just as good of a rebounder/none of the 3 excel on defense/Lee is a bit more mobile and had sick outlet passes lol....but the only winning teams he was on......he was on the bench

Lee was a PF, Manger and Willy are centers, keep it in the same position.



You're wrong, your wrong ass hell!
Championship 16/17
 
Joined: May 31, 2015, 4:18 pm

Re: Willy requests trade.....

Postby Don Che » February 6, 2018, 2:47 pm

luckily...we can easily see how this plays out.


in your realm of thought...both Kanter and Willy can be all stars on a playoff bound team.

Willy is 23 and Kanter is 25.....lets say 5 years from now....2023 we will know.

i think the best they can do is be what David Lee was for us...be a borderline all star on a team that wins under 40 games.

Time is on your side but the NBA is on mine. Willy has a better chance purely because he can pass. I think Kanter's ceiling is his numbers this year maybe adding an assist or 2.


If any of them remain knicks after this year...i hope your right for our sake.
User avatar
Don Che
 
Joined: September 23, 2007, 4:53 pm
Location: Queens

Re: Willy requests trade.....

Postby Championship 16/17 » February 7, 2018, 1:14 am

Don Che wrote:luckily...we can easily see how this plays out.


in your realm of thought...both Kanter and Willy can be all stars on a playoff bound team.

Willy is 23 and Kanter is 25.....lets say 5 years from now....2023 we will know.

i think the best they can do is be what David Lee was for us...be a borderline all star on a team that wins under 40 games.

Time is on your side but the NBA is on mine. Willy has a better chance purely because he can pass. I think Kanter's ceiling is his numbers this year maybe adding an assist or 2.


If any of them remain knicks after this year...i hope your right for our sake.


I never said Kanter is an all-star, and Willy will be a star by 25 with proper playing time, he doesn't need 5 years. Kanter very will might be out the league 5 years from now, he is not fooling me with his play.
Championship 16/17
 
Joined: May 31, 2015, 4:18 pm

Re: Willy requests trade.....

Postby NewlyKnicked » February 7, 2018, 5:32 am

I'd like to have what your having, champ
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
User avatar
NewlyKnicked
 
Joined: November 2, 2016, 12:08 pm

Re: Willy requests trade.....

Postby nazrmohamed » February 7, 2018, 8:12 am

NewlyKnicked wrote:I'd like to have what your having, champ


Me too, they call it.....death
PHISHER
User avatar
nazrmohamed
 
Joined: December 16, 2004, 9:06 pm
Location: Rockland, Ny

Re: Willy requests trade.....

Postby cragganmor » February 7, 2018, 8:33 am

There was a time when sf's were primarily physical defenders, short range scorers. The wide open ABA era changed that, showed how that position could be a skilled lead scorer. Same thing for the 5 spot today, it isn't about being an inside presence, a banger; the modern 5 is versatile, athletic, skilled and scores inside and out. An inside specialist still has a place on a contending team, but as a reserve, not the starter.
User avatar
cragganmor
 
Joined: December 7, 2003, 9:35 pm
Location: New York City

Re: Willy requests trade.....

Postby Don Che » February 7, 2018, 8:54 am

cragganmor wrote:There was a time when sf's were primarily physical defenders, short range scorers. The wide open ABA era changed that, showed how that position could be a skilled lead scorer. Same thing for the 5 spot today, it isn't about being an inside presence, a banger; the modern 5 is versatile, athletic, skilled and scores inside and out. An inside specialist still has a place on a contending team, but as a reserve, not the starter.


Precisely.... and this is why...Champ is delusional

Unless you have Embiid type talent.....scoring bugs are bench players in today's NBA....KP needs a 5/4 hybrid with him
User avatar
Don Che
 
Joined: September 23, 2007, 4:53 pm
Location: Queens

Re: Willy requests trade.....

Postby taowave » February 7, 2018, 9:03 am

You guys are jumping the gun......
You find a dominant big and there is definitely a place for him in this league..

Let's not act like Kanter defines dominant big.He couldn't beat out Adams and was yanked in the playoffs..
taowave
 
Joined: July 7, 2005, 9:54 pm

Re: Willy requests trade.....

Postby nazrmohamed » February 7, 2018, 10:02 am

I'm with Tao and I wouldn't even go as far as to say Kanter isn't a good big. Yeah he got yanked but it's sometimes about matchup. Go but was a great C and got yanked routinely for the Warriors death lineup. But at the same time let's not judge all Cs based on what Kanter is doing.

Gobert
Jocic
Jordan
All play at a high level

Everybody says the nba is changing but again you got Go but who played, the Spurs have always played 2 tall bigs to this day. The Cavs sorta play two PFs like us in Love and Thompson so at the highest levels nothing has changed, I just think the league average has changed and it could just be cyclical. I remember when every team needed to look like ours with a 7ft PF and a C who's 6'10. If you have great players then YOU define the rules and others copy.

Right now we just don't have great players
PHISHER
User avatar
nazrmohamed
 
Joined: December 16, 2004, 9:06 pm
Location: Rockland, Ny

Re: Willy requests trade.....

Postby H20Knick » February 7, 2018, 10:46 am

I like Kanter. That's obvious by now. He's not the solution, but he's not the problem. With KP gone, he may actually be the kind of guy you need to keep the guys playing hard and not phoning it in night after night. Good for the "culture". But, I won't be upset if we trade him for a pick now that we're on the long-term tank.
Fort Knox. Hard Knox. Knock Knox. It doesn't matter. Hall of Fame in 20.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
User avatar
H20Knick
 
Joined: August 11, 2004, 11:42 pm
Location: nova/dc metro

Re: Willy requests trade.....

Postby Don Che » February 7, 2018, 10:57 am

nazrmohamed wrote:I'm with Tao and I wouldn't even go as far as to say Kanter isn't a good big. Yeah he got yanked but it's sometimes about matchup. Go but was a great C and got yanked routinely for the Warriors death lineup. But at the same time let's not judge all Cs based on what Kanter is doing.

Gobert
Jocic
Jordan
All play at a high level

Everybody says the nba is changing but again you got Go but who played, the Spurs have always played 2 tall bigs to this day. The Cavs sorta play two PFs like us in Love and Thompson so at the highest levels nothing has changed, I just think the league average has changed and it could just be cyclical. I remember when every team needed to look like ours with a 7ft PF and a C who's 6'10. If you have great players then YOU define the rules and others copy.

Right now we just don't have great players


I agree with the sentiment of great players depict change and all that but looking at the Spurs..they always had 1 or 2 bigs that can pass..which is fine. DJ is a gigantic pure athlete....Jokic can pass....Gobert is a long pure athlete

If Kanter was 7'2 and 260 with the same game...i'd be all about keeping him...or if he was the same body but could jump over a scrub or 2...i'd be all about it. I'd also be all about it if he could pass off the pinch post and run the offense through him.

issue is he does none of those things....Kanter is a beast that changes the game off the bench.
User avatar
Don Che
 
Joined: September 23, 2007, 4:53 pm
Location: Queens

Re: Willy requests trade.....

Postby taowave » February 7, 2018, 11:00 am

I like Kanter,but wouldn't want him to be the yardstick for judging bigs..

One day there will be another Shaq or Hakeem,and the old NBA will make it's comeback.

But even the great bigs need great players around them..

nazrmohamed wrote:I'm with Tao and I wouldn't even go as far as to say Kanter isn't a good big. Yeah he got yanked but it's sometimes about matchup. Go but was a great C and got yanked routinely for the Warriors death lineup. But at the same time let's not judge all Cs based on what Kanter is doing.

Gobert
Jocic
Jordan
All play at a high level

Everybody says the nba is changing but again you got Go but who played, the Spurs have always played 2 tall bigs to this day. The Cavs sorta play two PFs like us in Love and Thompson so at the highest levels nothing has changed, I just think the league average has changed and it could just be cyclical. I remember when every team needed to look like ours with a 7ft PF and a C who's 6'10. If you have great players then YOU define the rules and others copy.

Right now we just don't have great players
taowave
 
Joined: July 7, 2005, 9:54 pm

PreviousNext

Return to New York Knicks

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Koopa Troopa, Majestic-12 [Bot], NYGM, spree#8 and 13 guests