And the Winner is David Fizdale..(Press Conference on PG.7)

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: And the Winner is David Fizdale..(Press Conference on PG.7)

Postby nazrmohamed » May 27, 2018, 8:00 pm

taowave wrote:I'll settle for getting KP to play the 5

This statement almost becomes annoying unless followed by ...... with X at PF. But I still love you Tao.
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby taowave » May 27, 2018, 10:07 pm

Love you 2 Naz,but KP is a 5....

Why pull your only shot blocker 25 feet from the hoop chasing stretch 4's....on a bum knee
taowave

Postby StevoStarks » May 28, 2018, 12:28 am

I expect to see KP, Bridges, Ntilikina, Hardaway and Mudiay a little bit if KP plays next season. Sub in Burke with one of those guards. I don’t love Kanter and KP starting. Not sure if KOQ is around, who is good, but I feel like we need better.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby taowave » May 28, 2018, 7:32 am

People debate the Boogie Brow lineup,kind of hard to love KP and Kanter...

StevoStarks wrote:I expect to see KP, Bridges, Ntilikina, Hardaway and Mudiay a little bit if KP plays next season. Sub in Burke with one of those guards. I don’t love Kanter and KP starting. Not sure if KOQ is around, who is good, but I feel like we need better.
taowave

Postby Don Che » May 28, 2018, 8:53 am

KP needs junkyard dog type athlete next to him... high motor high activity.
Don Che

Postby nazrmohamed » May 28, 2018, 9:13 am

taowave wrote:Love you 2 Naz,but KP is a 5....

Why pull your only shot blocker 25 feet from the hoop chasing stretch 4's....on a bum knee

Cuz he averages 6 rebounds and can't hold position. He may actually end up a worse shot blocker at C where he can't come running outta nowhere to block shots while chasing. At C there's no running start to anything he does. He'll already be there.

Offensively however he should become more lethal. In any case I'm not rigid, my only problem is not having a plan. We saw it with Beasley and I loved it offensively, hated it defensively and we couldn't rebound. There's just allot of stuff that has to happen at the same time for KP to be a C.

I'd need a PF who plays like a stretch 4 yet also defends and rebounds. That's rarer than you believe. You can find 2 of 3 but rarely 3 of 3.

Then I'd need a SF who can sortve do the same. Why do you think I like Miles Bridges? You don't think I'm mindful of his rebounding numbers?

And then I'd STILL want a long perimeter who can defend and rebound.

So I'm just say In, moving KP to C is about more than just snapping your finger. There are ALOT of weaknesses that stand out even more with him at C, rather than the 2 times per game that the PF who's guarding him gets his 3pter off. I think you guys oversell this weakness as if every night some PF is abusing KP. Most nights KP is dominating his matchup at PF. But go ahead, totally change what we do because once every 5 nights a stretch 4 gets 2 shots off.
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby taowave » May 28, 2018, 7:09 pm

Just looked at a 22 y.o. Dirk as a comparison to KP and was surprised to see Dirk averaged 9.2 rpg compared to KP's 6.6..

KP playing the 5 will hopefully eliminate seeking Kanter..I don't think we can win with that frontline...

Its too slow and porous on D...

we need to get much more athletic,play some D and capable beyond the arc
taowave

Postby Don Che » May 29, 2018, 8:45 am

KP was actually a better rebounder his rookie year from what i remember.

Robin lopez moves mountains in the paint.

its really a tough line to converse on...everyone year loves Marc Gasol whos 7'1 and 270....he averaged 6 rebounds 2 years ago and was an all star and deemed best center in the NBA by some.

so to me KP can be more than a 6.6 rebounder but i also think it depends on how your team is built. I actually want KP to start communicating like a 5 does and setting screens like a 5 does. Rebounds can be dealt with as a team. But he needs to be vocal as the quarterback of the defense. I just think if he stays in the paint on defense he will naturally grab more rebounds as well.
Don Che

Postby Mr3037 » May 30, 2018, 3:38 am

Don Che wrote:KP needs junkyard dog type athlete next to him... high motor high activity.

Yeah I agree Don. If we have an athletic, rebounding, defensive minded 4 that can finish at the rim when required to play next to KP then Im fine with him at the 5.

I'm actually really interested to see how we play under Fizz as from what I've read it seems like he never really got to establish what HE wanted at the Grizz.
Also seeing he spoke a lot about running/defence at his press conf, you'd think that means we're going to try to assemble a young athletic squad
NYK Fan since 92
NYKFP Fan since 04

26 years & counting...Bleeding Orange & Blue
Mr3037

Postby Rusty La Rue » May 30, 2018, 5:30 am

Mr3037 wrote:Yeah I agree Don. If we have an athletic, rebounding, defensive minded 4 that can finish at the rim when required to play next to KP then Im fine with him at the 5.

I'm actually really interested to see how we play under Fizz as from what I've read it seems like he never really got to establish what HE wanted at the Grizz.
Also seeing he spoke a lot about running/defence at his press conf, you'd think that means we're going to try to assemble a young athletic squad

Even though he is a 5 I would love to pair Bamba with KP... It would be a block bonanza in the Garden ;)

Bamba will probably be picked between 4-7 so who knows if we can swing a deal on draft night... And he is a Harlem kid to right?
"Everybody gets excited about youth except the coach, because he knows youth means mistakes, mistakes mean losses, losses means you're fired."
Rusty La Rue

Postby Rusty La Rue » May 30, 2018, 5:32 am

Let us say Kanter opts in... Would any team take the 9th pick and Kanter for Bamba?
"Everybody gets excited about youth except the coach, because he knows youth means mistakes, mistakes mean losses, losses means you're fired."
Rusty La Rue

Postby nazrmohamed » May 30, 2018, 5:55 am

To me Bamba is a top 3 player because of his overall potential but imagining him next to KP sure, I get a 2 big lineup that intimidates any rim attacker but what's awesome is that they are both very mobile. I'm not gonna say they can chase your typically SF/PF but it's probably the most mobile C/C lineup I can think of. Its long and covers just about anything from 18ft in.

Knowing that you just have to surround the tandem with Shooter/defenders.
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby Don Che » May 30, 2018, 11:29 am

the curiousity with Bamba is the only reason id consider going after Mitchell Robinson

completely interchangeable wit KP...i think they both can cover the 3 point line better and I think KP is better at the rim but both can survive if they needed to switch.

we still havent seen 3 good defenders on the perimeter...it may help KP
Don Che

Postby Mr3037 » May 30, 2018, 6:19 pm

Just read the Celtics wanna try trade up to 3 to take Bamba..
NYK Fan since 92
NYKFP Fan since 04

26 years & counting...Bleeding Orange & Blue
Mr3037

Postby taowave » May 31, 2018, 7:01 am

Even thou they are stacked at the wing,can't see them trading Brown/Tatum,and I doubt Rozier gets them a top 5 pick..

Kyrie could get it done...

Mr3037 wrote:Just read the Celtics wanna try trade up to 3 to take Bamba..
taowave

Postby cragganmor » May 31, 2018, 10:05 am

Don Che wrote:the curiousity with Bamba is the only reason id consider going after Mitchell Robinson

completely interchangeable wit KP...i think they both can cover the 3 point line better and I think KP is better at the rim but both can survive if they needed to switch.

we still havent seen 3 good defenders on the perimeter...it may help KP

here's a link to a tweet, nice bounce from MR:
https://twitter.com/Mike_Schmitz/status ... 25920?s=19

Here showing nice stroke from the corner:
https://twitter.com/Mike_Schmitz/status ... 98432?s=19
cragganmor

Postby Don Che » May 31, 2018, 10:38 am

i actually can see LA taking him for some reason...with that said if we trade into the 1st...i'd aim for the fences and pick him.

if he played this year he'd be a top 15 guy.
Don Che

Postby cragganmor » May 31, 2018, 11:49 am

He already has the tools to be a rim runner. Give him time to make that 3 ball consistently and protect the rim.
cragganmor

Postby Don Che » May 31, 2018, 12:28 pm

agreed
cragganmor wrote:He already has the tools to be a rim runner. Give him time to make that 3 ball consistently and protect the rim.
Don Che

Postby cragganmor » June 1, 2018, 12:44 pm

Here's a pretty cool article, just zoom in on the 1st section; shows statistically how Fiz made the Grizz into a different team, who benefited:

https://www.postingandtoasting.com/2018 ... ho-to-hate

Very interesting point; Gasol went from a very rare 3 pt shooter to a guy that hit 100/yr. Could he work the same magic with Kanter?
cragganmor

PreviousNext

Return to New York Knicks