Teams most likely to make trades this offseason

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Teams most likely to make trades this offseason

Postby lxn_ » May 7, 2018, 2:51 pm

I think its about time the raptors, wizards, heat, even portland, make big changes this offseason.

Ive been watching some raps games this postseason and was really impressed with OG Anunoby. He shot 47% from 2 and 37% from 3 during the regular season and 57% and 46% during these playoffs. And most importantly his defense is really impressive. He is the prototypical 3D player that we need.

However its unlikely that they trade him so we need to look at the other 3d wings from teams most likely to blow it up. Heat have Winslow(38%3pt) and richardson(37%3pt), portland have Aminu(37%3pt) and Harkless(42%3pt).

If indeed one of these guys are available do you guys think the FO should go for it or stick with the draft? personally id be fine with winslow.. He has shown great improvement this season and is also a beast defensively.
lxn_

Re: Teams most likely to make trades this offseason

Postby taowave » May 7, 2018, 3:23 pm

I'm good developing Troy for now..

Have him hit the weights and develop a 3 pt shot :

I think Fiz coached him in Memphis..
taowave

Postby knicksH20 » May 7, 2018, 3:42 pm

Who is Troy?
One Team. One New York.

Jamal Crawford
His Crawfulness!
knicksH20

Postby taowave » May 7, 2018, 4:01 pm

Troy Williams

https://nypost.com/2018/02/25/troy-will ... -audition/

knicksH20 wrote:Who is Troy?
taowave

Postby ISIAH_THOMAS » May 7, 2018, 10:31 pm

The baby dinosaurs in Toronto will be blowing that shit up

Anybody still want Kylie Lowryyy
TAKE THAT FOR DATA
ISIAH_THOMAS

Postby Championship 16/17 » May 8, 2018, 1:03 am

Miami will trade Whiteside and Spurs will trade Kawhi.
Championship 16/17

Postby nazrmohamed » May 8, 2018, 10:34 am

Id consider trading for Whiteside if we could use Lee or Kanter in the trade. I'm sure draft picks are in order but probably not much.
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby StevoStarks » May 8, 2018, 2:58 pm

nazrmohamed wrote:Id consider trading for Whiteside if we could use Lee or Kanter in the trade. I'm sure draft picks are in order but probably not much.

I like it in a vacuum. Just not sure Whiteside is the right front court running mate for KP. I'm still interested in a guy like Randle.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby spree#8 » May 8, 2018, 3:12 pm

nazrmohamed wrote:Id consider trading for Whiteside if we could use Lee or Kanter in the trade. I'm sure draft picks are in order but probably not much.

Why? To clog the lane and cap space? I would rather stay flexible around KP. I want to be able to switch between small and big line-ups, so I would rather pay my starting center between 10-14 mill max. Whiteside is making 25 million next season, so you can't afford to play him less than 35 minutes per game. If you like the skillset, let's search a young guy (on a cap friendly contract) with his abilities.

Please no 50-60 mill frontcourt with KP at the 4 and a high priced 5.
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby big_j_NY » May 8, 2018, 3:14 pm

Nazr clearly won't give up his "love for the Twin Tower frontcourt"........DESPITE this year's playoffs proving otherwise

I don't hate Whiteside though, but in this new modern-day NBA...........you want your tallest guy in middle AND your "4 man" has to be able to guard 2-guards and swings and stretch 4s.

You're not stopping those perimeter guys with a Twin Tower frontcourt, not anymore in 2018 and beyond.
#EmbraceTheTank2018

#InPorzingisWeTrust

Hassan Whiteside wrote:I'm just tryin...tryin 2 really get my NBA 2K rating up
big_j_NY

Postby NewlyKnicked » May 9, 2018, 3:39 am

spree#8 wrote:Why? To clog the lane and cap space? I would rather stay flexible around KP. I want to be able to switch between small and big line-ups, so I would rather pay my starting center between 10-14 mill max. Whiteside is making 25 million next season, so you can't afford to play him less than 35 minutes per game. If you like the skillset, let's search a young guy (on a cap friendly contract) with his abilities.

Please no 50-60 mill frontcourt with KP at the 4 and a high priced 5.

That plus Whiteside being injury prone, complaining publicly about his role, and painfully showing his limits during these playoffs.

:arrow:
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
NewlyKnicked

Postby Don Che » May 9, 2018, 10:24 am

Whiteside is overrated....he should be a teams Capela aka a role player and gets paid like one.

not a franchise big at all.
Don Che

Postby NYGM » May 9, 2018, 11:31 am

big_j_NY wrote:Nazr clearly won't give up his "love for the Twin Tower frontcourt"........DESPITE this year's playoffs proving otherwise

I don't hate Whiteside though, but in this new modern-day NBA...........you want your tallest guy in middle AND your "4 man" has to be able to guard 2-guards and swings and stretch 4s.

You're not stopping those perimeter guys with a Twin Tower frontcourt, not anymore in 2018 and beyond.

I don't think Saric is able to guard the perimeter..

Embiid and Saric frontcourt is more twin tower than anything else..
NYGM

Postby spree#8 » May 9, 2018, 2:30 pm

Don Che wrote:Whiteside is overrated....he should be a teams Capela aka a role player and gets paid like one.

not a franchise big at all.

Capela will get paid this summer though. He is Houston's third most important player.

Funny quote from D'Antoni:
“This is what you’re going to do for us,” D’Antoni told Capela in their first training camp. “Protect the rim, run the floor, set a pick, roll to the basket—oh, it didn’t work—go back, set another pick and do it over again. I’m going to yell at you, but if we win a championship, you’ll be the reason, and if we lose, it’s not your fault. We’ll still probably give you $80 million.
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby Mike1989 » May 9, 2018, 3:47 pm

lxn_ wrote:I think its about time the raptors, wizards, heat, even portland, make big changes this offseason.

Ive been watching some raps games this postseason and was really impressed with OG Anunoby. He shot 47% from 2 and 37% from 3 during the regular season and 57% and 46% during these playoffs. And most importantly his defense is really impressive. He is the prototypical 3D player that we need.

However its unlikely that they trade him so we need to look at the other 3d wings from teams most likely to blow it up. Heat have Winslow(38%3pt) and richardson(37%3pt), portland have Aminu(37%3pt) and Harkless(42%3pt).

If indeed one of these guys are available do you guys think the FO should go for it or stick with the draft? personally id be fine with winslow.. He has shown great improvement this season and is also a beast defensively.

The Heat are in an awkward position because they don't have cap space to pursue top tier free agents and they don't really have the assets to acquire a top tier guy without giving up too much. They owe this year's first round pick to Phoenix and will send another to them in 2021. So I assume they can send their pick next year in a trade, but after that it might be 2023 before they can send another first round pick?

Personally I think the most likely Heat player to be traded is Whiteside since the Heat made moves towards modernizing their offense which saw him in a reduced role. Problem is he doesn't really have a ton of value right now. So in a sense he could be an ideal buy low candidate because he's not going to cost a lot. Plus he's only got two seasons left on his deal, the second of which is a player option, so we could acquire him and ultimately shed his contract after 2019 or 2020 depending on how long he wants to stay and/or whether want to keep him.

I don't see them trading Winslow. He's pretty important to them and he is getting better. If his offense ever improves to an acceptable level he will be a very good third option, and if it gets near his defense he'll be a perennial all star. I think they'll keep him and start him next year, and the same goes for Josh Richardson. He's become an important member of their team and he will start earning $9.3m next season and $10m plus after that. If his all round game continues to get better then he'll be a good third option for them. So in a sense I don't see those two guys being on the block unless they are debating getting involved in the Kawhi Leonard sweepstakes.

The other player that I think could be shopped is Tyler Johnson. His deal will hit $19 million the next two seasons, the second of which is a player option. I think they'll be trying to trade this guy and Whiteside away if they want to free up some cap space, though this could involve future picks in a salary dump, or trying to send them in some kind of package deal to acquire another proven veteran to help them but I've no idea who that could be.
Mike1989

Postby Koopa Troopa » May 9, 2018, 5:38 pm

Mills and Perry, please dont trade for Lowry. Raptors are likely gonna be having a firesale...dont bite.

knicksH20 wrote:Who is Troy?

Right? I didnt even know who we were talking about either and I watched most of the games this year :laugh:
Koopa Troopa

Postby cragganmor » May 9, 2018, 8:58 pm

The raps were unfortunate to face LeBron at his best. I think they keep the squad together, let lbj age 1 more yr, give OG a chance to mature into a defensive stopper. This should be a lesson for us as well, any team that faces off vs a superstar in their prime needs a guy that can frustrate that lead scorer.

If TOR makes a trade, I'd think that they move Valanciunis, slide Serge to a stretch 5 role.
cragganmor

Postby Championship 16/17 » May 9, 2018, 11:21 pm

cragganmor wrote: If TOR makes a trade, I'd think that they move Valanciunis, slide Serge to a stretch 5 role.

Exactly, that's what i would do. Forget blowing it up, go all in. Keep Casey, Derozen, Lowry and slide Serge to the 5. Ujiri is a good leader, and he is saying we can get better and deflecting the blame from his players and coach. They need more horse's, Jonas Valanciunas, CJ Miles, players and picks should be offered for Wilson Chandler and Paul MillSap. That would take them over.
Championship 16/17

Postby lxn_ » May 29, 2018, 8:17 am

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2362 ... re-12m-14m it seems like Smart isnt gonna be a celtic next season.
I dont think they can afford his asking price. Do you guys think the FO should go after him at 12-14m per year?
lxn_

Postby cragganmor » May 29, 2018, 12:44 pm

I'd pass on Smart. He's in the right spot with the right coach; he won't be better anywhere else.

We should focus on youth, maybe 1 backcourt vet for leadership, no big deals.
cragganmor

Next

Return to New York Knicks