Teams most likely to make trades this offseason

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: Teams most likely to make trades this offseason

Postby Don Che » May 30, 2018, 10:41 am

marcus is 24 tho right?

id rather go after Terry...kid can play
Don Che

Postby NewlyKnicked » May 30, 2018, 12:50 pm

Agree, smart is in the best case scenario for him right now. Plus we don’t need another backcourt player, even less one who can’t shoot for his life. Add to that the fact that Marcus thinks he’s hot shit...

The only reason to make an offer would be to pressure Boston into making a mistake but they don’t make those and they don’t care that bad about smart.

Pass
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
NewlyKnicked

Postby Don Che » May 30, 2018, 12:54 pm

i would sign him just so KP doesnt have to be defended by him lol
Don Che

Postby spree#8 » May 30, 2018, 1:24 pm

No, thank you to Smart. Develop Ntilikina into a smart with an offensive game.
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby cragganmor » June 1, 2018, 6:51 pm

Yep, give Fiz a chance to work with Frank, all our young players. Just a guess, but everyone will probably learn the 3 ball; Marc went from 3 makes per year to over 100.
cragganmor

Postby nazrmohamed » June 1, 2018, 8:46 pm

lxn_ wrote:http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23628377/marcus-smart-restricted-free-agency-worth-more-12m-14m it seems like Smart isnt gonna be a celtic next season.
I dont think they can afford his asking price. Do you guys think the FO should go after him at 12-14m per year?

Yes, Idk what the rest of these guys are thinking. Put him at SG and we got the best backcourt defense in the league. Still draft and develop Mikal and you have probably the best collective defense in the league. We'd be paying him 5 mill less per year than his backup. WTF is everyone's problem.

He thinks too highly of himself. :LOL:

Knicks fans overthink every storyline. The Celtics are stacked and can't afford to pay him, he's put in the work to get paid. Dont overanalyze it. He's a warrior.
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby lxn_ » June 2, 2018, 9:06 am

^^ same here dude.. I know frank is a defensive minded guy, but in no way is he an enforcer/bruiser like Smart is. And i doubt he will ever be. My concern with Smart though is his shooting percentages.

But to be honest 12-14m per year for a 24yr old player with a lot of playoff experience is reasonable imo. Plus I think he would also benefit having Fizdale as a coach.
lxn_

Postby Don Che » June 2, 2018, 6:42 pm

Lee makes 12....Tim makes 18

i'd take Marcus at 14 over both those guys. He competes and defends...also younger than both these guys. He is miserable on offense though. and with the above contracts..its not smart to gothat rout.

but if i could trade either one or both of those guys...id pay Smart
Don Che

Postby Mike1989 » June 3, 2018, 8:09 am

Don Che wrote:Lee makes 12....Tim makes 18

i'd take Marcus at 14 over both those guys. He competes and defends...also younger than both these guys. He is miserable on offense though. and with the above contracts..its not smart to gothat rout.

but if i could trade either one or both of those guys...id pay Smart

Adding Smart is only worthwhile if your other guard can shoot well and score. Problem for us is Frank is still a work in progress offensively and while defensively this pairing could work, on the offensive end we could struggle to space and score unless the front court make up for it.

Personally I'd stay clear of Smart because we aren't currently setup to make best use of him.
Mike1989

Postby NewlyKnicked » June 15, 2018, 4:06 am

So far I've read rumors that
- The Grizz are looking to dump Parson coupled with the 4th pick
- Sixers and Suns are sellers for their 2nd round picks
- Clippers are trying to climb using their 12th an 13th picks
- Nets are trying to get in the middle of the 1st round using their 29th and Dinwiddie
NewlyKnicked

Postby NewlyKnicked » June 15, 2018, 4:08 am

Parsons has 2 more years for $47mil which is pretty hard to swallow, but a chance at Doncic (who seems to be falling a bit), JJJ, Bagley or Bamba is very attractive
NewlyKnicked

Postby NewlyKnicked » June 15, 2018, 4:14 am

Also, Denver may be tempted to use its 14th pick to dump Faried (1yr at 14mil)
NewlyKnicked

Postby Rusty La Rue » June 15, 2018, 7:29 am

NewlyKnicked wrote:Also, Denver may be tempted to use its 14th pick to dump Faried (1yr at 14mil)

It is only a one year deal... I do not think they are willing to trade away the 14th pick just to get rid of that deal... for that to make any sense they need a couple og non-guarenteed contracts in return and it is still had to imagine they would do it...
"Everybody gets excited about youth except the coach, because he knows youth means mistakes, mistakes mean losses, losses means you're fired."
Rusty La Rue

Postby lxn_ » June 15, 2018, 9:38 am

NewlyKnicked wrote:Parsons has 2 more years for $47mil which is pretty hard to swallow, but a chance at Doncic (who seems to be falling a bit), JJJ, Bagley or Bamba is very attractive

as much as I like doncic, that parsons contract is a deal breaker for me. I know he is only 29yrs old, but he went from all star caliber to a guy you didnt know was still in the league fast.
lxn_

Postby taowave » June 15, 2018, 11:01 am

You arent doing the deal for Parsons..Its for the number 4 pick..

If you let Kanter and Quinn go,plus move Baker/Mudiay,I believe you could absorb Parsons.

Parsons deal is up the same year as Noah,Lee and Thomas..Those 3 are 40 mil per combined,65 with Parsons

KP is out next year anyway...We develop the young guys,get another solid pick and the following year hit FA..

I do the deal,assuming we like the options at 4

lxn_ wrote:as much as I like doncic, that parsons contract is a deal breaker for me. I know he is only 29yrs old, but he went from all star caliber to a guy you didnt know was still in the league fast.
taowave

Postby StevoStarks » June 15, 2018, 1:59 pm

taowave wrote:You arent doing the deal for Parsons..Its for the number 4 pick..

If you let Kanter and Quinn go,plus move Baker/Mudiay,I believe you could absorb Parsons.

Parsons deal is up the same year as Noah,Lee and Thomas..Those 3 are 40 mil per combined,65 with Parsons

KP is out next year anyway...We develop the young guys,get another solid pick and the following year hit FA..

I do the deal,assuming we like the options at 4

I do this deal as well. We aren't competing next season so who cares if Parsons is on our team. Then as you mention, Kanter is up the following year and Parsons becomes a huge trade chip with a massive expiring contract. Worst case, we get the Parsons we traded for. Best case, he discovers what got him that contract and contributes, althought, I prefer the former because I want a good draft pick.

But yeah, it's for the 4th pick. A shot at one of the big 4. Sign me up. Those are the A squad. I'll throw in Lee as well for taking Parsons off their hands.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Previous

Return to New York Knicks