May 15th (lottery)

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

May 15th (lottery)

Postby Boston_PuppyDawg » May 8, 2018, 9:29 pm

Knicks GM Scott Perry will represent the team at the draft lottery next Tuesday, Steve Mills said on MSG Network. "I'm counting on him (to bring the Knicks luck)." NYK has a 6.2 percent chance of moving into the Top-3.
Calderon: "It’s no fun when you try to win for the Knicks and people want you out of the Knicks.” (2/18/16)
Boston_PuppyDawg

Re: May 15th (lottery)

Postby H20Knick » May 11, 2018, 9:28 am

so what seed do we need to get in order to have this nykfp live at the draft event?
Fort Knox. Hard Knox. Knock Knox. It doesn't matter. Hall of Fame in 20.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
H20Knick

Postby Don Che » May 11, 2018, 9:37 am

if we end in top 3...any bar I'm game. I dont think the city could even handle knicks fans in that capacity lol
Don Che

Postby ISIAH_THOMAS » May 11, 2018, 10:09 am

Time to break the curse
TAKE THAT FOR DATA
ISIAH_THOMAS

Postby Don Che » May 11, 2018, 10:11 am

ISIAH_THOMAS wrote:Time to break the curse

they should send Ewing to sit for us. Fans would FLIP
Don Che

Postby spree#8 » May 14, 2018, 11:44 am

#knickstape
spree#8

Postby H20Knick » May 15, 2018, 1:35 pm

So when we win the lottery... Ayton? Is that the consensus?

H20Knick

Postby spree#8 » May 15, 2018, 1:41 pm

I still lean to Doncic, but would let my scouts talk me out of it, if they all think Ayton is the guy you can't pass up (which is my feeling with Doncic).
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby big_j_NY » May 15, 2018, 1:51 pm

H20Knick wrote:So when we win the lottery... Ayton? Is that the consensus?

Ayton's a stud and possible future HOFer, but he'll struggle with the lack of playmakers on this team (that is including Burke, who is our most purest of PGs on the roster, but isn't a decent starting talent).

So I'm spree, it'll still be Doncic if we win the lottery..........Doncic's ability to generate offense for himself and everyone else on the floor is something that none of our Knicks players (including KP) have been able to do like EVER (this includes when we had Melo, our last-known playmaker in Marbury, and even the Ewing days)
#EmbraceTheTank2019

#InPorzingisWeTrust

Hassan Whiteside wrote:I'm just tryin...tryin 2 really get my NBA 2K rating up
big_j_NY

Postby nazrmohamed » May 15, 2018, 1:54 pm

If we got number 1 you definitely go with Ayton who has literally no question marks aside from his desire to be truly great. A slacking Ayton is still a dominant C for the next 12 yrs.

As for Doncic he wouldn't fall past 3 for me but if I'm talking about the number 1 pick I just can't not question his speed and athleticism. He'll probably be just fine but again if I'm a GM making the first pick, I'm up all night watching that Thunder game picking every move apart. But imagine that backcourt of Frank and Doncic? My god. KP would be feasting
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby nazrmohamed » May 15, 2018, 1:57 pm

Ayton's a stud and possible future HOFer, but he'll struggle with the lack of playmakers on this team (that is including Burke, who is our most purest of PGs on the roster, but isn't a decent starting talent).

So I'm spree, it'll still be Doncic if we win the lottery..........Doncic's ability to generate offense for himself and everyone else on the floor is something that none of our Knicks players (including KP) have been able to do like EVER (this includes when we had Melo, our last-known playmaker in Marbury, and even the Ewing days)

I wouldn't sweat it. Dude creates great space in the post and has good catch fundamentals. Might not be the most efficient ways to get buckets but it's good enough to risk addressing of later if that's where you need to go. I wanna ha e faith that Frank will develop nicely
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby spree#8 » May 15, 2018, 2:20 pm

nazrmohamed wrote:If we got number 1 you definitely go with Ayton who has literally no question marks aside from his desire to be truly great. A slacking Ayton is still a dominant C for the next 12 yrs.

As for Doncic he wouldn't fall past 3 for me but if I'm talking about the number 1 pick I just can't not question his speed and athleticism. He'll probably be just fine but again if I'm a GM making the first pick, I'm up all night watching that Thunder game picking every move apart. But imagine that backcourt of Frank and Doncic? My god. KP would be feasting

https://www.theringer.com/march-madness ... tournament

https://www.theringer.com/2017/12/7/167 ... -nba-draft
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby big_j_NY » May 15, 2018, 2:34 pm

nazrmohamed wrote:
I wouldn't sweat it. Dude creates great space in the post and has good catch fundamentals. Might not be the most efficient ways to get buckets but it's good enough to risk addressing of later if that's where you need to go. I wanna ha e faith that Frank will develop nicely

That's 'cuz you want to return to the days of a Twin Tower offense where the PGs sit on the perimeter and feed the ball in the post..........I'm not. This is a P&R NBA now, and even though I still prefer my bigs to have a back-to-the-basket game.......the NBA's current rules and the modern-style NBA defenses prevent a "low-post dominant offense" from being effective at a high level.

I would welcome Ayton with open arms alongside KP, but if you were to tell me that I had a choice between an incredible perimeter wing playmaker that can define the team's offense and fit the modern-day NBA to a two-way big man threat in the old style of Ewing, Hakeem, etc. I'm most likely gonna pick the wing playmaker with the current Knicks roster.

That being said let's say the Knicks don't believe KP is not part of our future plans going forward (I can hear the agony of some people on this site as I typed that), then I would 100% pick up Ayton as the #1 pick EASILY. With KP, even with concerns of how he will be "post-ACL injury", I would hesitate on picking Ayton over a future elite playmaker in Doncic........since a guy like KP would need a Doncic-style playmaker to thrive. But if going forward KP is not even a factor for the future, Ayton all the way as the replacement.

Oh jeez, he's actually a mediocre shot blocker at 7 feet tall?! So he's basically just a Brook Lopez clone then?
#EmbraceTheTank2019

#InPorzingisWeTrust

Hassan Whiteside wrote:I'm just tryin...tryin 2 really get my NBA 2K rating up
big_j_NY

Postby nazrmohamed » May 15, 2018, 3:20 pm

That'd a lazy assessment of how I feel but its not totally untrue so whatever.

I would like to dominate the paint
I would like to own the glass
And I would like a perimeter to play exceptional man to man defense.

Dont let me catch you supporting Wendell Carter, big-j.
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby Red » May 15, 2018, 3:28 pm

Dear Lord,

Sometime today some balls will be drawn to determine draft order and the Knicks need a miracle.

Please assist.

Thanks,

Red
The thing that separates good from great is consistency.- Red
Red

Postby H20Knick » May 15, 2018, 3:47 pm

i think everyone will be happy if we get the 1st or 2nd pick and end up with ayton or doncic... but boy its going to be a shitshow on this forum if we're at 3 picking between bagley, jjj and mpj. No consensus will be had and whoever is picked better be better than the other 2 guys from the jump or he's going to get shat on on this board for the next 4 years.

these are the only debates im interested in having today. because we wont fall any farther than 3.

H20Knick

Postby StevoStarks » May 15, 2018, 4:03 pm

Our time is now.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby Mike1989 » May 15, 2018, 4:06 pm

If we move up to first overall I would take DeAndre Ayton and not hesitant in doing so. He can score, rebound, block shots, and has decent range on his shooting as well. As long as he stays healthy and works hard he should have a good career. I think he offers a high floor as well as a high ceiling. He would also fit nicely next to KP.

I can see the appeal of Luka Doncic, he has a well rounded skill set, can shoot and make plays, and can slot in at PG-SF. I think he can be a good player for a lot of years but he will need to adapt to make up for his athleticism, quickness and questionable defense.

Either selection would see us land a good player and hopefully a long term running mate for KP.
Mike1989

Postby NYGM » May 15, 2018, 4:19 pm

Get a 1st and trade Ayton for a future 1st and a chance to draft Doncic or MPJ.. That's it..

If we get a 3rd pick then draft Doncic or MPJ if Luka is not there..

We should look how BOS took Tatum + a pick instead of Fultz..
NYGM

Postby H20Knick » May 15, 2018, 4:50 pm

I wonder what the kings would say if we got the first pick and offered them 1 and Mudiay for 6 and Fox...

i'm not sure i'd do it. But i'd be very intrigued.

H20Knick

Next

Return to New York Knicks