2018 Draft Workouts and interviews

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

Boston_PuppyDawg
Likes given: 0

The Knicks met with Kentucky forward Kevin Knox.
Calderon: "It’s no fun when you try to win for the Knicks and people want you out of the Knicks.” (2/18/16)
Boston_PuppyDawg

Asked Miles Bridges about David Fizdale's philosophy of "positionless basketball."
"I feel like I can play any position on the floor. I'm comfortable at every position, I can guard any position on the floor so I feel like that's very comfortable." #Knicks
Calderon: "It’s no fun when you try to win for the Knicks and people want you out of the Knicks.” (2/18/16)
Boston_PuppyDawg

Boston_PuppyDawg wrote:The Knicks met with Kentucky forward Kevin Knox.

Kentucky freshman forward Kevin Knox fits what the Knicks are looking for, but John Calipari said to be patient with the youngster: https://t.co/3XPEP0JP3b
Boston_PuppyDawg

Oklahoma guard Trae Young met with the #Knicks at the NBA Draft Combine, but he isn’t sure if he’ll work out for them just yet | @Al_Iannazzone https://t.co/iztWvRvSXW https://t.co/NwrOki6y78
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 246

Boston_PuppyDawg wrote:Asked Miles Bridges about David Fizdale's philosophy of "positionless basketball."
"I feel like I can play any position on the floor. I'm comfortable at every position, I can guard any position on the floor so I feel like that's very comfortable." #Knicks
That's a really boring answer. Really would've like to hear actual strategy
spree#8
Likes given: 540

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/05/com ... bowen.html
Miami shooting guard Lonnie Walker IV met with the Magic, Bulls, Sixers and Knicks, all teams with Top 10 selections, Bryan Kalbrosky of Hoops Hype tweets. The Clippers, who hold picks 12 and 13, are also interested in Walker, Kalbrosky adds. Walker is ranked No. 14 by Givony but those meetings could indicate that he’ll go higher in draft day.
#knickstape
Koopa Troopa

nazrmohamed wrote: That's a really boring answer. Really would've like to hear actual strategy
Sounds like a kid trying to get a job more than a genuine answer.
Boston_PuppyDawg

Young said his meeting with the Knicks “went very well” and he would “embrace’’ New York alongside Kristaps Porzingis, who may miss next season with an ACL tear.

“I would love playing with a guy like Porzingis who can score, stretch the floor, who can do a lot, a lot of different things,’’ Young said. “But I could see myself doing some pretty good things with other teams, too.”
Don Che
Likes given: 9

on offense they would be insane...defense tho...miserable
nazrmohamed

Don Che wrote:on offense they would be insane...defense tho...miserable
It could be done. But you'd literally have to have 3d players at every other position. But hey, it is possible he has another gear defensively. I mean, how many things was he supposed to be able to do for that school. Was the most scouted plkayer all year long, putting up monster scoring nights with no help but still spread the ball around. Against nba talent it's not crazy to see him become a good scorer with a much lower usage and then have more energy on defense. He'll never be a defender per se but it's possible with a weight program and lessened responsibility that he's less of a turnstyle
cragganmor
Likes given: 93

Some guys gotta focus on scoring, that's their team concept. Look at their d late in games, do they get tougher, fight for position/stay in front or do they just ball watch and let their teammates still do all the dirty work? That might be a clue that some hidden talent on d exists.
nazrmohamed

Your boi Melvin Frazier. Looks awesome on defense

cragganmor

Long arms, fast feet, excellent instincts. I think he got a lot of attention at the combine, not a sleeper pick anymore and could be on his way to the 1st round.

Mills and Perry need to get creative, get us a pick in that #22-30 spot, otherwise we won't have a chance to draft a kid like Frazier, Hutchison or Evans, etc. They might not be there at #36.
Don Che

if Troy Brown gets a jumper...he's gonna be a problem.

if he goes passed 20.

id love to pair Mikal with Melvin or Troy.
cragganmor

Agree, if Troy had a reliable 3 ball, then he'd be in the lottery; he's got upside, only 18. Lot of quality wings in that bottom third of the 1st.
nazrmohamed

cragganmor wrote:Long arms, fast feet, excellent instincts. I think he got a lot of attention at the combine, not a sleeper pick anymore and could be on his way to the 1st round.

Mills and Perry need to get creative, get us a pick in that #22-30 spot, otherwise we won't have a chance to draft a kid like Frazier, Hutchison or Evans, etc. They might not be there at #36.
I just can't see how any of them are rated so low. There's ALOT of bums being drafted ahead of them in my opinion. But oh well, let them drop, I'll be waiting at 36
Don Che

Frazier is mainly a lack of sustained production and stregnth of schedule thing..but i do think hes gone in the 25-33 range.

the other 2 are seniors and aren't out of world athletes. good players slip every year

plus if we take Evans who's been a do it all player in college. I'd like to see how he irons out his skill set for the nba...can see a D/3 type guy from day 1 though.
cragganmor

hutch is a senior, evans and frazier are juniors; i can see them sliding a bit, but not all the way to #36 unless they have a god-awful workout.

troy brown is just an 18 y.o. frosh. he's got versatility, can see him being a 1st rounder based on upside, faith that his j will grow.
Don Che

cragganmor wrote:hutch is a senior, evans and frazier are juniors; i can see them sliding a bit, but not all the way to #36 unless they have a god-awful workout.

troy brown is just an 18 y.o. frosh. he's got versatility, can see him being a 1st rounder based on upside, faith that his j will grow.
i like him more as a prospect and see more NBA relatable skills in his game more than most guys projected after 6 picks.

the college game is a slower game and is ran by smart PG's.

the NBA is a faster game ran my skillful wings. Troy fits that.

ill say it like this...he checks off more boxes than Miles does(hes not better but just relatable skills)

hes 10x the player Mikal was at 18. while Mikal has evolved and totally warrants being a top 10 pick...Troy is almost 4 years younger than Mikal is...Troy would eat NCAA alive in 2 years.

he's a legit PG at the wing spot..moves the ball well and has an NBA ready body...his only hurdle is his jumper
Boston_PuppyDawg

The Knicks are one of several teams to have an executive at the Pro Basketball Combine, an event that includes players who did not participate in the NBA Draft Combine. Players there include Deng Adel, LiAngelo Ball and Kendrick Nunn. Full list of players here: https://t.co/RTVJVlZQ4e