Porzingis Update

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: Porzingis Update

Postby taowave » June 11, 2018, 12:07 pm

LOL...I know its all glutes,quads and hammys,but 135 pounds.Thtas just shameful???

i would edit the fuck out of that..Did you see what he was using for triceps extensions and then hammer curls???

Dudes basically has the strength of an average college lacrosse chick
taowave

Postby Don Che » June 11, 2018, 12:18 pm

he did clean reps...good with it.

i can do that in my sleep but i also didnt have surgery. so i wont judge.
Don Che

Postby taowave » June 11, 2018, 12:21 pm

LMFAO...

Are you out of your ever loving mind?????

Dude weighs close to 250 pounds,and does 6 clean reps with 135 and starts to grimace and you are good with it??

Surgery on your knee has very little effect of you pecs,delts and tris...

Don Che wrote:he did clean reps...good with it.

i can do that in my sleep but i also didnt have surgery. so i wont judge.
Last edited by taowave on June 11, 2018, 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
taowave

Postby cragganmor » June 11, 2018, 12:21 pm

nazrmohamed wrote:
Lmao, I saw that this morning too. Fortunately chest press doesn't truly have much of an impact on rebuilding as one might think. When I think of rebounding think of your ass muscles.
-squats and legs press to be able to hold position and bump your rival out of position
- shoulders in order to keep that elbow extended and hold your rival at bay

But just as important is selfishness and desire. You gotta believe that once that ball is launched that you and only you deserve it, must have it and there's nobody that's gonna stop you from getting it.

planks are great exercises, too. A good test of core strength with elbow plus bent forearm, like jockeying for position under the glass; rebounding kung fu technique.

But in the end, he is who he is. Never gonna be dwight, just give him the tools to compete.
cragganmor

Postby Don Che » June 11, 2018, 12:23 pm

Tao your right....hes weak...i thought we all knew this lol
Don Che

Postby taowave » June 11, 2018, 12:29 pm

LOL..Im just bored and busting balls!!!!

check this out

Durant, who participated in the events 10 years ago, thinks prospects should stay home. He recently spoke about his experience, when strength coaches laughed at him when he tried to lift weights (via ESPN):

I was like, ‘All right, keep laughing. Keep laughing.’ It was a funny thing, because I was the only one that couldn’t lift it and I was struggling to lift it. I was embarrassed at that point, but I’m like, ‘Give me a basketball, please.’ … I knew that you don’t need to [bench-press] to lift a basketball up. And I knew that this wasn’t football, where that stuff matters.

During the events, he also struggled during the vertical leap, agility drill as well as the three-quarter-court sprint.

Durant had the third-worst vertical leap, fourth-worst sprint time and the worst lane drill. Yet he ended up as the No. 2 overall pick by the SuperSonics.

It still doesn’t matter. I was ranked the last person in camp, drills-wise. I was the worst player, and the first player didn’t get drafted. That tells you a lot about the significance of that (expletive).

Other players who were unable to bench press zero reps at the combine include three-time NBA Sixth Man of the Year Jamal Crawford and 12-year NBA veteran Monta Ellis.

However,if hes going to play the 5,he does need some upper body strength

Don Che wrote:Tao your right....hes weak...i thought we all knew this lol
taowave

Postby Don Che » June 11, 2018, 12:48 pm

yeh ppl were thinkin way too into it with KD..he was 6'11 with handle and can shoot it...playing the 3.

and more importantly he produced at a high level in college...so you knew he was going to be fine.

KP needs to bench atleast 275 before he plays in the NBA again.
Don Che

Postby cragganmor » June 11, 2018, 1:48 pm

I'd rather that kp strengthens his base; his mobility coupled with his length, hops makes him a mismatch. I'd actually prefer him to not be so bouncy, he's vulnerable in the air. Better to polish those dream shake moves, preserve his knees.
cragganmor

Postby Don Che » June 11, 2018, 2:04 pm

i just mentioned bench because i dont know his restrictions with his knee...if he can deadlift/squat and all that...i think he should but idk how far along he is.
Don Che

Postby nazrmohamed » June 11, 2018, 2:57 pm

Don Che wrote:i just mentioned bench because i dont know his restrictions with his knee...if he can deadlift/squat and all that...i think he should but idk how far along he is.

He can definitely dead lift. I watched the video. The time stamp was back in Feb thru March. He's transformed since then. You take it slow and put as new plate on every week.

He's probably up to 165 by now Tao
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby Don Che » June 11, 2018, 3:22 pm

...so hes a varsity volleyball player on the bench now
Don Che

Postby taowave » June 11, 2018, 4:02 pm

Lol......
I'll be quiet when he can rep 185 6 x..and that's nothing special for a guy 250... next time Marcus Smart body's up to KP,I want to see Smart bouncing off the hardwood..

Don Che wrote:...so hes a varsity volleyball player on the bench now
taowave

Postby KRL » June 18, 2018, 3:54 pm

KRL

Postby Ari_Ingus » June 18, 2018, 4:54 pm

KRL wrote:https://elitesportsny.com/2018/06/18/new-york-knicks-kristaps-porzingis-is-rehabbing-in-creative-style/

damn his shoulders and upper body looks good. or is it just me ?
Ari_Ingus

Previous

Return to New York Knicks