We just signed Noah Vonleh

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: We just signed Noah Vonleh

Postby cragganmor » July 25, 2018, 7:40 am

His career per 36 is 11 rpg, plus a decent defensive efficiency rating; he's a useful player with upside at 22. Didn't know that his deal is partially guaranteed, we're not fully committed to him. Feels like it's a chance to play his way onto the roster in tc; an insurance policy, jic someone on the roster screws up royally.
cragganmor

Postby Don Che » July 25, 2018, 8:57 am

perfect
Don Che

Postby big_j_NY » July 25, 2018, 2:16 pm

cragganmor wrote:His career per 36 is 11 rpg, plus a decent defensive efficiency rating; he's a useful player with upside at 22. Didn't know that his deal is partially guaranteed, we're not fully committed to him. Feels like it's a chance to play his way onto the roster in tc; an insurance policy, jic someone on the roster screws up royally.

So a training camp contract then?

I don't know why the media never outright states whether we are signing players for training camp only
#EmbraceTheTank2019

#InPorzingisWeTrust

Hassan Whiteside wrote:I'm just tryin...tryin 2 really get my NBA 2K rating up
big_j_NY

Postby Don Che » July 25, 2018, 2:54 pm

they probably dont know at the time they report it.

wonder who's spot he takes if he makes it
Don Che

Postby big_j_NY » July 25, 2018, 4:22 pm

Don Che wrote:they probably dont know at the time they report it.

wonder who's spot he takes if he makes it

Probably Kornet, since most ppl here weren't satisfied with Kornet's summer league performance
#EmbraceTheTank2019

#InPorzingisWeTrust

Hassan Whiteside wrote:I'm just tryin...tryin 2 really get my NBA 2K rating up
big_j_NY

Postby nazrmohamed » July 25, 2018, 5:35 pm

I wouldn't mind that lineup except darn, Kanter just annoys me. I get why he'd be there but hopefully Robinson can get some burn this year.
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby gradyandrew » July 30, 2018, 9:49 pm

Minkaveli wrote:Bench fodder. If he couldn't stick on the young Bulls team....

Yeah, don't worry read into it too much. The Bulls have Marrakanen and Portis who will take most of the minutes at power forward. In New York, he has a clear path to playing time.

Hey, what happens in training camp when Vonleh outplays Knox and Kornet and Allen outplays Dotson and Baker?
This is a FAN page that relies on its members for content and commentary. So don't be a lurker, be a POSTER, even if it's just a picture of a fat guy eating a hamburger.
gradyandrew

Postby rebound » July 31, 2018, 5:50 am

Preseason is going to be very competitive 1/3rd the roster may be playing for the final roster spot and everyone is going to be playing for minutes, especially since a lot of these guys are FAs next year.

Although the waiving of Williams shows the nonguaranteed guys have their work cut out for them in order to bump out a guaranteed contract. Unless Fizdale just doesn't like Wiliams-
Team Mills
rebound

Postby cragganmor » July 31, 2018, 8:11 am

Don't think there was anything personal. Fiz wants everyone on the roster to have a perimeter shot, some wiggle room for bigs. Troy didn't show enough improvement on his 3 ball, limits the team concept that he wants to play. Also would have been tough to find minutes for Kev, Mario, THJ, Lee with him aboard.
cragganmor

Postby Don Che » August 7, 2018, 8:31 am

Strengths: Ideal PF size with very long arms and the skill set that had many envisioning him as a wing while in high school … Has shown flashes of potential to stretch the defense, as well as a rapidly developing post game, helped by his solid frame … Will not be 19 until August, which again brings to mind the potential growth his body and game could go through, along with the fantastic size and coordination he already possesses … Was a great rebounder during his freshman season, very aggressive on both ends of the floor hitting the glass … Gets out on the break and runs very well for his size. Shows very good mobility for a player with his size and strength, moves his feet especially well considering his thick, tree trunk legs ... His combination of length, size and mobility made him a factor on that side of the floor, along with having major upside on that end with increased experience, awareness … Showed a good shot selection, shot a high percentage from the field and line, even showing ability out to three point range that could be developed down the line … Surprising ability to put the ball on the floor with decent mobility, along with range that should have defenders respecting his shot … Gets to the line fairly often and shot 71.3% FT as a freshman … Definitely passionate about basketball, has shown a will to improve and put in work … Cerebral kid. Is described as a gym rat, constantly looking to add to his game and made definite strides from senior year of HS to his freshman year of college … Though he is not an elite leaper, his length makes him a shot blocking and shot changing force ...

figured I post his strengths out of indiana... he really was the kevin Knox of that draft. so many things depend on love of the game...organization investment and chance.
Don Che

Previous

Return to New York Knicks