Vegas says Knicks will have 5th worse record this year

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Vegas says Knicks will have 5th worse record this year

Postby ISIAH_THOMAS » August 5, 2018, 8:46 pm

Jonathan Wasserman

@NBADraftWass
NBA over/under win totals released. Projected worst teams:

1. Hawks, 23.5 wins
2. Kings, 25.5
3. Bulls, 27.5
4. Suns, 28.5
5. Knicks, 29.5

Bulls will be better than us have to be. I'm thinking top 4
TAKE THAT FOR DATA
ISIAH_THOMAS

Re: Vegas says Knicks will have 5th worse record this year

Postby rebound » August 6, 2018, 12:25 am

I think the Knicks will make the playoffs.

celtics,raptors,sixers,wizards,pacers,bucks,knicks,heat

pistons,bulls,magic,cavs,hornets,nets,hawks
Team Mills
rebound

Postby shakespeare » August 6, 2018, 2:54 am

Expected shooting slumps throughout the season:
THJ

Expected bad shooting slumps throughout the season:
Knox
Hezonja

Expected sophomore slump:
Ntilikina

That said, I’m looking forward to a Top 3 pick in the ‘19 Draft.
4th worse record will also do.

Give New York just 1 more high lottery pick like Porzinigis and the Eastern Conference can get ready.

It’s time...
The Porzingis blessing is real.
#TeamTank
shakespeare
Writer

Postby nazrmohamed » August 6, 2018, 10:00 am

Agreed Shakes. The only thing I see really messing it up is if somehow instead of playing these ying guys Fizzdale is told to play Noah, Kanter and Lance big minutes. And not to say that is gonna get us to the playoffs but it could have us win a few meaningless games and take us from top 3 to maybe where we would up this past year. But I'm all in on RJ Barrett and Cam Reddish. I have some guys I like if we don't do that but preferably I'd like to see us nab one of those two.
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby Don Che » August 6, 2018, 10:49 am

its really heard to guage how many wins w/o seeing atleast 1 preseason game.

I think i saw a game or 2 or some Training camp before I made my prediction last year which was pretty spot on.

as for the draft...i have some players I like but also imo you really dont see much about a players mental make up in HS.

Cam can be tracy mcgrady or rudy gay or darius miles depending on who he is mentally.

RJ Barret is known to be the alpha of this class but I really dont see any physical advantages in the college level and doesnt have an insane bounce(one of the few things you can see in HS)

But there is always the factor that someone can just hoop and in the all american games and FIBA its just proven that this boy can hoop.
Don Che

Postby cragganmor » August 6, 2018, 2:13 pm

30 wins. I think there will be some bright spots but so much has to fall in our favor to just break even. Too many question marks and winning isn't the objective this season.

I suspect that we will be marginally better at chasing guys off the arc as our frontcourt got younger, more athletic overall. Just maybe we will get more a bit more efficient at making 3s, getting to the stripe. However, we won't get KP back at full strength, will take time for him to be 100%
cragganmor

Postby Red » August 6, 2018, 5:19 pm

I'm looking forward to a hefty increase in overall defense with Nitti, Hard Knocks, and 3M in the lineup.

Then a playoff run.
Knicks president Steve Mills made it clear that New York plans to sign a star in the 2019 offseason. "Porzingis is a magnet."

"I’m ready to come out and show people I’m able to play defense...’’Kevin Knox
Red

Postby thewatcher » August 6, 2018, 6:08 pm

rebound wrote:I think the Knicks will make the playoffs.

celtics,raptors,sixers,wizards,pacers,bucks,knicks,heat

pistons,bulls,magic,cavs,hornets,nets,hawks
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
thewatcher

Postby cheftom » August 6, 2018, 6:14 pm

Wild card. Porzingus.
Overly optimistic about the Knicks since 1974
cheftom

Postby cragganmor » August 6, 2018, 9:29 pm

cheftom wrote:Wild card. Porzingus.

yep. hard to gauge his recovery, some guys come back and shake off the rust quickly but even under best cases it takes a while for full confidence to pre-acl levels, trust that knee 100%. i'd guess kp plays 15 mpg off the bench, lengthens his minutes at his pace, whatever he's comfortable with. having a flexible roster, guys that can play multiple spots is a plus.
cragganmor

Postby gradyandrew » August 7, 2018, 4:52 am

Take out a second mortgage, pawn your wedding ring, borrow money from your friends and family and put it on the under. Knicks lose Jack, Beasley, KOQ, and KP yet are somehow expected to win one more game than this season? Oh wait, I forgot about our big free agent signing. MARIO! MARIO! MARIO! Nevermind.
Fiz is on a 4 year deal and the best way to get an extension is to show steady increments of improvement. Front office has gone out of its way to say that this is a transition year, trotting out the same tired tanking excuses that "progress won't necessarily be measured in wins and losses."

At least last season Jeff gave a fuck. That's why 'starting point guard' Ramon sessions was benched after the second game. For all of you convinced that the three headed dragon of Burke, Mudiay, and Frank will win games, I ask- how'd those guys do at the end of last season when half the teams were tanking anyway and the Knicks had the advantage of a favourable schedule?

Banking on progress is a nice idea, but hey, how did the miracle worker do when gift wrapped a playoff ready roster in Memphis? About the same as the previous year, making me think that a big mouth, hot wife (who's incidentally a marketing guru) and a good story (rising from the depths of the video room) are more important than an actual record of improvement.

I'll make my final guess when the schedule is actually released, but if you think that when the Knicks are 8 games out of the 8th seed post all star game, they'll be rushing KP back to 32 minutes a game well hey, I got some magic beans if you want to trade a cow.
It’s not the frustration of the fans of us losing, they want to see the dog, they want to see that fight, they want to see that hunger inside of you. - THJ
Management didn't get that memo.
gradyandrew

Postby gradyandrew » August 7, 2018, 5:06 am

On the other side, take the over on the raps. They'll play exactly 4 games next season as the underdog (@GSW @ HOU @BOS twice). Kawhi's only outside income is a San Antonio super market gig, which probably pays less than KOQ's bar mitzvah sideline. The easiest way to win the MVP is to be the star of the winningest team. Don't forget Denny Green is in a ccontract year too. The only wild card is the new coach, Kyle Lowry, not whoever it was they hired. He seems like just the kind of guy who would love to drop some shade on Morey by beating the Rockets to the Finals.
It’s not the frustration of the fans of us losing, they want to see the dog, they want to see that fight, they want to see that hunger inside of you. - THJ
Management didn't get that memo.
gradyandrew

Return to New York Knicks