Preseason Game 2: Knicks @ Brooklyn 10/3 - 7:30 PM ET

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

maxinquaye11
Likes given: 6

Trier is who 72mil THJ we all wish must be. Nuff said.
Last edited by maxinquaye11 on October 4th, 2018, 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 " Stat at 3 was code for Melo playing in the low post..." - n8 the gr8

"I don't ever wanna hear anyone bash max's 2 pg love again." - H20Knick

"Cant lie, he did play better off the bench." - nazrmohammed
maxinquaye11

thewatcher wrote:I'm just glad Max didn't "find" Trier, because he would be insufferable now :LOL: I really like Burke as a scorer and we were lucky he wanted to come here; but Trier was a great find by our scouts and Perry :bow:
Im happy for you watch haha. This iso zo guy is throwing a wrench on everyone's plan including ball movement coach Fiz. Its amazing that he is not getting the same scrutiny as iso melo. We're all tired of that right?

Question is, who here found Trier I'm curious?

I wondered when i heard fiz talked more about trier than kadeem. It concerned me but now i know its not car salesman fiz pretending to be a man for defense ( alo of coaches are) but that Fiz will choose zo over d-dog Kadeem because he is simply that special.

I just read that he was caught using illegals and that destroyed his draft stock. The knicks scout team is doing a greatjob looking for talented young players whith a shady past in need of a second chance. Dotson and Mitch come to mind.
Last edited by maxinquaye11 on October 4th, 2018, 7:34 pm, edited 10 times in total.

big_j_NY
Likes given: 1127

shakespeare wrote:Mudiay slander will not be tolerated.

Truth be told, besides Burke, we have no other point guards on the team.
Fixed......and even now you can see it in this pre-season.

The way Frank is being groomed, he is looking more like a 3&D complementary guard (or wing if his body continues to grow out to guard SFs) alongside a more dominant ball-handler than he is suppose to be a "floor general" of the offense. He is better as a secondary ball-handler in a backcourt with a great ball-dominant guard on it (think Aaron Mckee from the 2001 Sixers).

Mudiay.......the man forgot to play basketball now. He put all this work to lose weight and come into better shape to enter the season, but the man forgot to play basketball..........not even be a competent guard on the floor. We don't even know what position he plays in the backcourt 'cuz Mudiay doesn't know how to play basketball on the floor at this moment.

Burke is the only one that knows what his true position is......a POINT GUARD, even if he looks to score first, at least Burke will make the right play at the right time when it counts so far.
maxinquaye11

This talk of Burke not knowing how to pass is crap. The guy's hesitation drib and lethal jump shot will do really well in the assist heavy pick and roll play. Big J is right in saying " right play at the right time." In other words, a floor general who does not turn the ball over. Nutmeg anyone?

thewatcher
Likes given: 2676

Max, I'm pretty sure you're going to love Trier because he has similarities to Burke,who I also like. Both high efficiency scorers who take it to the cup and don't turn it over. But Trier bring s a lot on the defensive end at 6'5",what a great problem to have. Both guys play great next to Frank and that's the future. The second unit with Frank and Trier.....the garden will go nuts :drunk: in summer league I remember Stevo and cragg really liked him :thumbsup:
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 251

I don't see why, even if we are to assume that Frank is a commentary guard that he could do itwith that dominant guard being a SG. We got a few dominant players in the making, I don't see why your pg can simply get people the ball in the shots they like and then play great defense. That's not to say Frank is excused from scoring but there are PGs who set people up first and then play off the ball after the initial pass. In fact historically most championship PGs have been those types. Now granted they were playing with Jordan/Kobe/Wade's but hey we after Durant right? Then we got KP and Knox so again its about this idea that your most aggressive guard needs to be your pg that this site can't look past. Can't see past drive and kick.
What's funny is that our other guards don't kick anyway.
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1127

nazrmohamed wrote:I don't see why, even if we are to assume that Frank is a commentary guard that he could do itwith that dominant guard being a SG. We got a few dominant players in the making, I don't see why your pg can simply get people the ball in the shots they like and then play great defense. That's not to say Frank is excused from scoring but there are PGs who set people up first and then play off the ball after the initial pass. In fact historically most championship PGs have been those types. Now granted they were playing with Jordan/Kobe/Wade's but hey we after Durant right? Then we got KP and Knox so again its about this idea that your most aggressive guard needs to be your pg that this site can't look past. Can't see past drive and kick.
What's funny is that our other guards don't kick anyway.
This is ultimately the problem, and the essential core part of the argument.

With Burke currently, I know he has the ability to kick out on the drive. He hasn't shown it much yet, but I can see Burke has that instinct on the floor to be able to kick out on the drive when he is the perfect position to do so.

Frank & Trier hasn't shown that ability yet (Frank 'cuz he's not a strong slasher, and Trier is not a strong passer), while Mudiay is retarded at the moment.

If Durant signs with us next summer.....the problem is solved. If not (which let's be honest, Durant coming to NY has a high chance of being a pipe dream bust like Lebron 2010), the Knicks will have to find more solutions via the next draft or next summer's free agency.