Final Preseason Game: Nets @ MSG Friday Oct 12 7:30PM ET

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

big_j_NY
Likes given: 1127

thewatcher wrote:Bigj Frankie hasn't sucked, but I'm glad Fiz addressed it. Looks like one guys going to get special treatment. Fiz meant everyone else was competing for a starting spot except the teenager. Looks like a tank year after all. fiz learned his lesson with gasol, start sucking the star off right out of the gate :o
#EMBRACETHETANK2019
taowave
Likes given: 844

Yes,which is embracing the correct way to go about business this year..

You have been spot on,and the team,as bad as its going to be, is doing the right thing.....

And lets face it,Frank at the 3 is not the answer....

Don Che wrote:I'm not really sure if fiz is leading the tank....hes just giving Knox a chance as he should.

if Knox loses his spot..1. it should happen during the season and 2. should happen if someone TAKES it.

if not let him suck and see how he feels as he hits the floor.
gradyandrew
Likes given: 0

Brutal game to watch for the first 3 quarters. Hopefully with Kanter out and Ron starting Knicks werent trying too hard, still ouch.

Frank showed off some pretty good moves offensively. Much improved from last season. Im still not all on him as a world class defender, but if he can get some balance to his game, its only a good thing. Big thing for me is he looked comfortable making some difficult shots.

Vonleh also showed off his moves. He got a pass the first game for the moving picks, but its certainly troubling that he still is getting multiple offensive fouls in a row. Those are some of the worst plays a guy can make. His inability to learn despite his 3s, rebis, and dunks is a huge red flag.
Randle in the Rafters
gradyandrew
Likes given: 0

4th quarter was great though. As soon as Mudiay got in tge offense really started humming. Ive been hard on Kornet, but preseason has shown that the 3s and blocks are not a fluke. I wish there had been more consistent rotations throughout the preseason because based on his limited minutes, you could mske the argument that he deserves a spot in the rotation. The backup center spot still seems wide open and if Mitch and Vonleh are each going to make 5 fouls a half, maybe Kornet deserves a good look.

Mario also showed off some razzle and dazzle. His size, handle, and scoring are all pluses, I just love it when guys take it coast to coast.

All in all, a pretty lackluster preseason. Knicks looked great first few games but then terrible the last two.
Last season Ramon was the starting PG in the preseason. I still love the mental picture I have of Ramon passing on his sage wisdom to Frank. Then two games into the regular season our Sessions session was over. At least the team seems happy and engaged and people like Fiz. But seriously, Im clueless asto how this will work out.
Randle in the Rafters