538 Predicts Knicks to be worse team in NBA along with Kings

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: 538 Predicts Knicks to be worse team in NBA along with Kings

Postby thewatcher » October 16, 2018, 12:29 pm

If I believed we could land a top five pick I'd be excited. JVG believes we're on the playoff bubble and I agree. That makes this an insult. Fiz better put it on the bulletin board.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
thewatcher

Postby Minkaveli » October 16, 2018, 12:44 pm

25 wins with this roster and Fiz is coach of the year.
No longer sick and tired that Kurt wasn't hired.
Minkaveli

Postby taowave » October 16, 2018, 2:08 pm

yeah,so instead of winning 21 games,we can win 29 :blink:

thewatcher wrote:If I believed we could land a top five pick I'd be excited. JVG believes we're on the playoff bubble and I agree. That makes this an insult. Fiz better put it on the bulletin board.
taowave

Postby nazrmohamed » October 16, 2018, 2:20 pm

So I guess next year we'll be staying yet another for not ready to start, great. Goodbye Reddish, hello Rui Hachimura
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby gradyandrew » October 16, 2018, 8:29 pm

Think the original link was talking about starting lineups. Burke/ THJ/ LT/ EK played well the first few games, and Frank really stepped it up, especially vs. Nets in game 5. I'm thinking the starters will actually play some good ball. Frank is the only shaky shooter, but hes shown some good drives off the 3 pt line. The bench will struggle scoring so maybe Kornet gets tge nod as Enes's backup
Last edited by gradyandrew on October 16, 2018, 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is a FAN page that relies on its members for content and commentary. So don't be a lurker, be a POSTER, even if it's just a picture of a fat guy eating a hamburger.
gradyandrew

Postby ISIAH_THOMAS » October 16, 2018, 8:48 pm

thewatcher wrote:If I believed we could land a top five pick I'd be excited. JVG believes we're on the playoff bubble and I agree. That makes this an insult. Fiz better put it on the bulletin board.

Can you really name 5 worse teams?

When kp went down last year we had the second worse record behind the Suns and they improved.

Kings and maybe the hawks are the obly worse teams i/see

Speaking of jeff

When you look on the floor right now, even if they had Porzingis — [rookie Kevin] Knox has got a chance [to be good] — but you look at their team, they’re just not a talented team,” Van Gundy said Monday on a conference call to promote ESPN’s 2018-19 season

.https://www.newsday.com/sports/basketba ... 1.21982891
TAKE THAT FOR DATA
ISIAH_THOMAS

Postby gradyandrew » October 16, 2018, 9:26 pm

Orlando, Atlanta, Memphis, Phoenix, Sacramento, Dallas, New York, New Jersey, maybe Charlotte none of those teams will be good. West teams have it harder.
This is a FAN page that relies on its members for content and commentary. So don't be a lurker, be a POSTER, even if it's just a picture of a fat guy eating a hamburger.
gradyandrew

Postby ISIAH_THOMAS » October 16, 2018, 10:58 pm

gradyandrew wrote:Orlando, Atlanta, Memphis, Phoenix, Sacramento, Dallas, New York, New Jersey, maybe Charlotte none of those teams will be good. West teams have it harder.

west teams do have it harder but this team is bad. Hornets memphis and dallas are all easily/better than us. Id conley stays on/the court they can ne a .500 team. Jersey scares me but i think they should be better than us.Dallas added doncic and deandre jordan they will/be better. We have one the worse rosters in the NBA
TAKE THAT FOR DATA
ISIAH_THOMAS

Postby ISIAH_THOMAS » October 16, 2018, 11:02 pm

Bottom 5 teams

Kings
Knicks
Hawks
Suns becuase they play out west. Booker amd ayton/could be great
Magic
TAKE THAT FOR DATA
ISIAH_THOMAS

Postby taowave » October 17, 2018, 4:43 am

Who is this Lance Thomas fellow???

He replaces KP at the 4 and people are talking playoffs??
taowave

Postby thewatcher » October 17, 2018, 4:51 am

Lance Thomas is the perfect compliment to Kanter,, so is Frank, they can help him on defense. He'll take care of the boards.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
thewatcher

Postby taowave » October 17, 2018, 5:17 am

Unless Thomas shoots 40 plus from 3,he is not much more than a capable defender..

Kanter, Thomas and Hardaway up front??
taowave

Postby StevoStarks » October 17, 2018, 11:36 am

thewatcher wrote:Lance Thomas is the perfect compliment to Kanter,, so is Frank, they can help him on defense. He'll take care of the boards.

That is true. When Lance is playing up to his potential. I've been a fan of Lance, but his inconsistencies will test your patience. I know he's been hurt the last couple of seasons, but I really need to see first year Lance this year. If he's in and out of the lineup, and not hitting his shots, I'm going to think more about waiving him to save that cap space.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby thewatcher » October 17, 2018, 11:39 am

No question Stevo if Lance reverts Knox will replace him. But he says he worked extra hard this summer and so far it shows.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
thewatcher

Postby cragganmor » October 17, 2018, 11:43 am

Kev stepping up his defense is his quickest (and best) path to the starting lineup. He's a capable rebounder and his offense will come along once the game slows down for him.
cragganmor

Postby spree#8 » October 17, 2018, 12:08 pm

big_j_NY wrote:#EmbraceTheTank2019

8-) :clap: :popcorn:

Burning questions by ESPN: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2499 ... nba-season
Jonathan Givony: How will the perception of the 2019 NBA draft class evolve among teams as the season moves on?
The 2019 draft class is considered shallow and especially weak at the top by most executives with whom we've spoken. The 2020 draft might not be any better from what we can tell early on. Will that cause teams to be more amenable to packaging draft picks at the trade deadline or earlier for a star, with the likes of Jimmy Butler and Kemba Walker potentially available? Alternatively, will we see an unexpected prospect emerge -- like Trae Young or Shai Gilgeous-Alexander did last year -- to provide more depth and excitement around what is currently perceived as a fairly uninspiring crop?
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby H20Knick » October 17, 2018, 12:24 pm

I tend to agree about the draft quality as it looks today. RJ is probably as good of a prospect as 3-5 last year and he's going first. Zion probably 5-8 last year and he's slated to go 2nd. With the new lottery odds in place, there's no way im trading my pick. After watching the games yesterday, we're so far away from being contenders I see no need to expedite this thing.
Fort Knox. Hard Knox. Knock Knox. It doesn't matter. Hall of Fame in 20.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
H20Knick

Postby nazrmohamed » October 17, 2018, 12:50 pm

Still wouldn't trade out of our picks. I too watched those games and learned that Kemba Walker isn't gonna do shit for our team, Jimmy a little more but still not enough. And just because you don't get a generational player doesn't mean you can't add a top tier player that improves the collective. If Jimmy Butler were a top 5 pick it would be a bad draft, yet some might convince you to trade a top 5 pick for him. How's that make sense. Just draft your pick on every draft.
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby cragganmor » October 18, 2018, 11:26 am

The FA market is for when you need that missing piece. We are far from that, haven't establish any identity yet.

Jimmy is the missing piece for the wolves, that's why thibs doesn't want to trade him.

Stick to the plan of building via the draft, as painful as it may be.
cragganmor

Postby nazrmohamed » October 18, 2018, 2:16 pm

cragganmor wrote:The FA market is for when you need that missing piece. We are far from that, haven't establish any identity yet.

Jimmy is the missing piece for the wolves, that's why thibs doesn't want to trade him.

Stick to the plan of building via the draft, as painful as it may be.

And in reality he fast forwarded thier rebuild prematurely. Still in the development phase and Jimmy comes in screaming at guys for not being ready to win. Doesnt change my opinion of him and no I dont think hes a diva but sometimes kids aren't ready for all that yet.

So for me I just wanna continue rebuilding, draft well and pace ourselves. Dont get me wrong if it's something I cant miss sure but there are only really a couple of guys like that for me.
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Previous

Return to New York Knicks