10/17/18: New York Knicks vs. Atlanta Hawks (W 126-107)

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: 10/17/18: New York Knicks vs. Atlanta Hawks (W 126-107)

Postby cragganmor » October 18, 2018, 11:19 am

Kev succeeds when his quickness, size and length are an advantage; not a quick leaper off 1 foot, needs to gather himself. I think he is struggling to figure out nba-grade defenders. The adjustment he must make is figuring out the angles to counter. He'll get there, adding some strength plus keeping his confidence will help.
cragganmor

Postby Don Che » October 18, 2018, 11:24 am

He needs to be a high level shooter for an immediate impact...once his body matures...he can be a problem.
Don Che

Re: 10/17/18: New York Knicks vs. Atlanta Hawks (7:30 pm)

Postby StevoStarks » October 18, 2018, 11:46 am

Koopa Troopa wrote:I agree with everyone.

Lets enjoy this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drunk:

Cuz its the Knicks and you have no idea what will happen tomorrow! :drunk:

Exactly! What a fun game. Trier just doing what he does best. The Hawks may be the worst team defensively in the NBA, but it's going to be a long season so I'm definitely going to enjoy the moments I can.

The one thing I wont lose sight of this season is that we have no egos, no me first players, just team oriented guys. So through the thick and thin, they're going to grow and develop with one another and start building that lasting chemistry that will define this team in years to come.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby cragganmor » October 18, 2018, 11:56 am

Don Che wrote:He needs to be a high level shooter for an immediate impact...once his body matures...he can be a problem.

I agree, but will it limit his aggressiveness? It's that balance between doing something positive right now vs. capping his ceiling. I'm guessing from Fiz's comments that he's willing to live with inconsistency for now.

But yeah, would rather see Kev hone his defense, rebounding, passing and shooting ahead off creating 1:1
cragganmor

Postby spree#8 » October 18, 2018, 11:59 am

Bringing him off the bench totally worked to his advantage, didn't it? There was no pressure and people barely noticed his 4-16 shooting night.
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby taowave » October 18, 2018, 12:02 pm

While I agree,I don't know if he is a starter at the 3 in this league.His size advantage disappears at the 3..

The good news is it's not like we passed on a total stud ..other than Donovan...

I like Frank,but would really like him to play a bit at the 1...

Comes into play at the 1,not at the 3
shakespeare wrote:I understand most want to see Ntili at the 1, but he looked hella comfortable at the 3.
taowave

Postby taowave » October 18, 2018, 12:05 pm

Can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not..Hard not to notice his shooting and mental mistakes.

He's a rookie with alot of confidence,and there will be some tough nights..

spree#8 wrote:Bringing him off the bench totally worked to his advantage, didn't it? There was no pressure and people barely noticed his 4-16 shooting night.
taowave

Re: 10/17/18: New York Knicks vs. Atlanta Hawks (7:30 pm)

Postby knicksH20 » October 18, 2018, 12:08 pm

StevoStarks wrote:The one thing I wont lose sight of this season is that we have no egos, no me first players, just team oriented guys. So through the thick and thin, they're going to grow and develop with one another and start building that lasting chemistry that will define this team in years to come.

I agree with this one, for sure. That is one positive I see. THE ONE AND ONLY.

but who cares at the end of the day. we gonna LOSE...... :cry:
One Team. One New York.

Jamal Crawford
His Crawfulness!
knicksH20

Postby spree#8 » October 18, 2018, 12:19 pm

My two plays of the night:
1) Hardaway to Kanter

and 2) Trier with authority!
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby nazrmohamed » October 18, 2018, 12:21 pm

I guess I'll be first but how bout my boi Vonley. The guy is a walking double double and is gonna make it very easy to let Kanter walk next summer, especially if Robinson matures at a solid rate. I could easily see us basically having a 3 big rotation KP/Vonley and Mitchell where two of the 3 can play PF in a traditional lineup but all three could play C by themselves in a small lineup.
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby spree#8 » October 18, 2018, 12:31 pm

Fiz postgame:
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby Starbury3 » October 18, 2018, 12:53 pm

nazrmohamed wrote:
I really hate the Thomas comparison cuz
1-Tim was more talented
2- Tim was also lazy

Knox doesn't strike me as lazy, more so that hes unorganized in his movements. You say him drive quite a few times and not finish, he took some quick shots when he didn't need to. Hes actually alot more like Herzogna where he'll probably have near allstar nights followed by a few where he's just wild. He looks undisciplined and that's what's to be expected from a 19yr old. I'm just happy he isn't afraid to shoot and he did end up with 2 steals last night so again, I don't see him as the coaster that TT was, just immature in his skillset.

I agree that Knox doesn't strike me as the lazy type. I see it simply as him being a rookie and having to deal with the garden spotlight at 19 as their coveted rookie. Totally normal.

Clearly he recognizes this and is working on it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpD2gVwBYwB/?hl=en&taken-by=knicks.clique
Starbury3

Postby Red » October 18, 2018, 1:31 pm

I have to give Thj a + 1 for taking more control and being a leader. I saw glimpses.

Also have to give props to Fiz & co. Knox has the size, range, and shooter's mentality both he and the team needs to succeed.

Also have to give props to Super Mario and Burke who can form a potent 2nd unit ready to score at will.
The thing that separates good from great is consistency.- Red
Red

Postby StevoStarks » October 18, 2018, 1:52 pm

Red wrote:I have to give Thj a + 1 for taking more control and being a leader. I saw glimpses.

Also have to give props to Fiz & co. Knox has the size, range, and shooter's mentality both he and the team needs to succeed.

Also have to give props to Super Mario and Burke who can form a potent 2nd unit ready to score at will.

Agreed! Props all around.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby StevoStarks » October 18, 2018, 2:16 pm

I love this:

Whatever position Ntilikina was to play in Fizdale’s “positionless’’ offense — rotating between point guard, shooting guard and small forward — the symbolism was clear. Fizdale trusts Ntilikina, 20, more than Hornacek did, and allowed his sophomore year to launch with grace.

https://nypost.com/2018/10/17/frank-ntilikinas-season-opening-start-is-major-fizdale-statement/

The kid just needs a chance. Fiz is willing to give everyone that chance to earn it. With a young team, that's the best way to go. Hornacek never got that.
- Dr. Seuss

- taowave

- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby maxinquaye11 » October 18, 2018, 2:59 pm

Hornacek gave Burke a chance or more like that his hand was forced into it. Regardless, Burke got his and he is cat present the starting point guard for the Knicks.

He now has last year's and this summer's 2pg chemistry going with Frank and the Michigan connection going with THJ. What a great situation for all three of them.

As for Knox, he needs to cut to the basket more in order to score. Kind of like how Landry Fields was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW9OTmoxd2A

#2PG
Last edited by maxinquaye11 on October 18, 2018, 5:00 pm, edited 9 times in total.
 " Stat at 3 was code for Melo playing in the low post..." - n8 the gr8

"I don't ever wanna hear anyone bash max's 2 pg love again." - H20Knick

"Cant lie, he did play better off the bench." - nazrmohammed
maxinquaye11

Postby taowave » October 18, 2018, 3:16 pm

I think in fairness to Jeff,he knew he was a dead man walking..There is no other sane reason why he would start Jack over him..

And Fiz is smart enough to play Frank off ball...Jeff played him initially at the 1,and the kid was far from ready.He doesnt have Knox swagger..

last but not least,remind me why Jeff hired in the first place?

StevoStarks wrote:I love this:

The kid just needs a chance. Fiz is willing to give everyone that chance to earn it. With a young team, that's the best way to go. Hornacek never got that.
taowave

Postby big_j_NY » October 18, 2018, 3:36 pm

taowave wrote:last but not least,remind me why Jeff hired in the first place?

If I answer that question, your blood pressure would just rise to severe hypertension levels AND we're trying to keep everyone healthy here on the site

My blood pressure is currently rising as I've been briefly reminder of that previous era :LOL:
#EmbraceTheTank2019

#InPorzingisWeTrust

Hassan Whiteside wrote:I'm just tryin...tryin 2 really get my NBA 2K rating up
big_j_NY

Postby maxinquaye11 » October 18, 2018, 4:31 pm

Why?

To run Big Phil J's NBA2K basura Triangle offense tutorial. If only Hornacek listened to max instead of jax. If only he stuck with the 2-pg lineup that actually built him a coaching resume in the valley of the sun. Difficult for traditionalists like Hornacek and Woodson to do so even though it gave them their best winning record. Its simply way too ridiculous and advanced for them that they just had to revert back to what they are used to just because. Right nazr?

COACH FIZDALE FOR PRESIDENT!
 " Stat at 3 was code for Melo playing in the low post..." - n8 the gr8

"I don't ever wanna hear anyone bash max's 2 pg love again." - H20Knick

"Cant lie, he did play better off the bench." - nazrmohammed
maxinquaye11

Postby taowave » October 19, 2018, 7:44 am

Without bashing you know who,I like that we took 33 3 pointers last night.For some crazy reason Jeffs squad only took 23 three pointers per last year,which I could never figure out..

big_j_NY wrote:
If I answer that question, your blood pressure would just rise to severe hypertension levels AND we're trying to keep everyone healthy here on the site

My blood pressure is currently rising as I've been briefly reminder of that previous era :LOL:
taowave

Previous

Return to New York Knicks