11/5/18: New York Knicks vs. Chicago Bulls (L 115-116)

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

thewatcher
Likes given: 2681

My depth chart at PG at the moment is mudiay, Burke, Frank.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
ISIAH_THOMAS
Likes given: 52

Should of double teamed fiz makes to many rookie mistakes
Fxck Adam Silver
Minkaveli
Likes given: 175

thewatcher wrote:My depth chart at PG at the moment is mudiay, Burke, Frank.
This. And I would almost rather see Lance play than Mario at this point.
No longer sick and tired that Kurt wasn't hired.
rebound
Likes given: 1141

worst game of the season in a lot of ways.

fitting end. full team tank after watching this one. if i have to watch another game of kanter stat pad and give up anything to everything on the defense, i won't.
TOM THIBODEAU'S NEW YORK KNICKS PRESENT:
HEROBALL. A STORY OF THE MID RANGE FADEAWAY JUMPER.
STARRING JALEN BUMSON AND DUBIOUS HANDLES.
taowave
Likes given: 844

Masterful coaching by Fiz to secure the L :hammer:
NYGM
Likes given: 487

Damn,,,

That was ugly..
taowave

Mario is a double agent for Team Tank...or Jr Smith long lost Croatian brother
spree#8
Likes given: 547

I had a few good laughs though. :happy:
#knickstape
rebound
Likes given: 1141

yes mario, kanter, and lance should combine for 20 minutes a night. who gets the majority of those minutes? it doesn'tmatter they are all terrible and none of them should be on the roster next season.

the only highlights of tonight were trier and dotson. i don't think mudiay was a net positive, but burke and frank were just as terrible if not worse. a lot of this falls back on the coaching. fiz might be a good mentor but his offense sets are amateurish.
TOM THIBODEAU'S NEW YORK KNICKS PRESENT:
HEROBALL. A STORY OF THE MID RANGE FADEAWAY JUMPER.
STARRING JALEN BUMSON AND DUBIOUS HANDLES.
NYGM
Likes given: 487

Fiz got the rotations right IMO...

Just not enough discipline or excecution late..

It was a case of Bulls being bad enough to keep us in the game..
cragganmor
Likes given: 93

The plays weren't so bad, execution was lacking. These kids need to develop poise, will take time.
taowave

Why does Fiz let Trier handle the ball so much and initiate the offense??
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1127

taowave wrote:Why does Fiz let Trier handle the ball so much and initiate the offense??
To be honest, I don't think Fiz actually has an offensive system for this squad................his only offensive philosophy seems to be "follow modern NBA trend" and "ride the hot hand." In tonight's case (based on some highlights and boxscore), it was Trier that had that hot hand.

Fiz did say he was gonna spend most of this season just "freestyling" the offense and letting these kids perfect their strengths and weaknesses in their overall games, INSTEAD OF forcing these kids to develop their games in running a "team-oriented system" per say. So it doesn't shock me we are having these inconsistencies, and it mostly b/c Fiz is focusing more on player development than.........making the playoffs :P

8-) #EmbraceTheTank
taowave

I hope thats his philosophy,and it appears by his lineup changes,you re right....
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1127

taowave wrote:I hope thats his philosophy,and it appears by his lineup changes,you re right....
This is why I'll never understand the rationale of the "playoff" folk in the fanbase..............we're not aiming for it, clearly.

Even though Frank had a shit performance tonite (which was enough for Fiz to bench him in favor for extended Mudiay & Burke minutes), I've been very satisfied with his development in the past 3-4 games in terms of the amount of assists he has been putting up and the aggressiveness he has been displaying in terms of shot-attempts. He just needs to start making more of his shots now.

These folk just need to #EmbraceIt now, and they'll quit stressing over these god damn games when June finally arrives with our great Top 4 pick :happy:
taowave

Yup,this is the first year where there is zero stress....

Wonder how much longer team watcher can hold out before joining team Tank...
Don Che
Likes given: 9

really disappointed in Frank last couple games...he better turn it around.

Mario is bugged out but I still cant help but be excited if he ever gets it mentally....he missed so many lay ups even tho he was the only guy that could get to the rim with his tools. his issues are purely mental or maybe he needs more consistent time to work it out.

Vonleh is the man. Kanter is playing for a contract. Burke's shot looks different from last year. Mudiay gets to spots but also fails mentally....still wouldn't trust him.

overall ....good loss. Duke and KT later today gonna be sick
NewlyKnicked
Likes given: 162

I'm also disappointed but not surprised. Frank can (and will) do better than that, he's in a slump with his shot not falling and his assist number being magnified with simple handoffs (I'd say somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 of his assists).

It's going to be a bumpy ride, but I hope Fiz maintains the direction. It's been 6 games with him starting at PG and I'm fine with beching him when he shits the bed as it's been the case for the last coupe of games. Playing time should be earned, but I'd also like to stay consistent with the starting lineup.
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2020 Co-NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2021 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
Minkaveli
Likes given: 175

In that first overtime in a one minute sequence, Mario traveled, lost his man for a bucket on one side and then airballed a three on the next possession.
No longer sick and tired that Kurt wasn't hired.
thewatcher
Likes given: 2681

^^yeah that was atrocious, i don't know if mario is going to make it, but i also understand what Don is saying...he gets to the rim (and then miises half of them); I'm not ready to give up on him totally, but I'm close. I'm hesitant, because I think Fiz has done wonders with mudiay (who also isn't home free yet), but both guys, deeply flawed, confidence-wise a lot, have talent that other's don't. I think his best position might be SF, he was overwhelmed by Parker.

Over-all, a pretty damn good game without our 3 best players, because The Bulls are a lot better than people are giving them credit for. Lavine somehow became a great player, and carter and parker are dynamic. I'm not giving up on Frank at all, I would just give Mudiay a chance now.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.