Rudy Gay for Paul Pierce

Post all your ideas for trade proposals and signings to improve the Knicks or other NBA teams.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

knicksfan4life
Likes given: 0

Obviously not a Knicks related deal here, but who says no there ? Maybe Memphis needs to dump some more salary but they'd be a title contender on the assumption Pierce is a better fit with Z-Bo and Gasol than Gay.... while Boston reloads while staying playoff relevant.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
n8 the gr8
Likes given: 165

I don't think the Grizzlies would do that but maybe I haven't watched enough games. Is there a lot of clashing going on there? I consider Gay a much better defender and considering his age he could stay with the rest of their core and be good for a long time. If the Grizzlies get bumped in the 1st or 2nd round of the playoffs I could see them looking to move Gay in the offseason, but probably not before then. There's sense to it for sure though.
"dam,we got a crier"
~tao

"Throw Payton out and get it over with. I'm getting hungry."
~Clyde
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 251

I don't have any idea why the Grizzles want to trade Rudy Gay to anyone.
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1127

nazrmohamed wrote:I don't have any idea why the Grizzles want to trade Rudy Gay to anyone.
I think it has to do with the luxury tax..............and of course, John Hollinger was just hired to be a part of the Grizzlies basketball operations management staff (and we all know how Hollinger's mythical PER ratings think about Rudy Gay)
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1127

knicksfan4life wrote:Obviously not a Knicks related deal here, but who says no there ? Maybe Memphis needs to dump some more salary but they'd be a title contender on the assumption Pierce is a better fit with Z-Bo and Gasol than Gay.... while Boston reloads while staying playoff relevant.
Sorry for the double posting, but OP.............you might wanna check out my latest thread that will relate to this thread

http://forums.nykfp.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=35870