Chandler is a role player...package him for star

Post all your ideas for trade proposals and signings to improve the Knicks or other NBA teams.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Chandler is a role player...package him for star

Postby King of NYKFPF » May 29, 2013, 12:05 pm

I think its time to trade this role player for and actually star. People think Chandler is a star so how about we maximize his value while we lose nothing really. I would like to see the Knicks GM do the following to correct the influence Mike Dantoni has had on Mike Woodson b/c Im starting to see him go down the wrong path.

1. Trade Tyson Chandler, Raymond Felton & JR Smith for Chris Paul (do not include my boy Iman Shumpert in any trade talks)

2. Start Amare' at PF....it doesn't make sense to bench a star for the expense to see a role player be the number one option for pick and rolls. He cant' play with Chandler not Melo. I understand he is hurt but should be healthy next year and will have a low post game....still believe in Amare.

3. You need to replace Chandler immediately with a center b/c I like Marcus Camby as the backup......please trade one-dimensional Steve Novak for Samuel Dalembert in sign and trade before Miami gets him then its really curtains. Also Amare can play with either centers, never go small and play amare at center.

4. Mike Woodson needs to stop thinking like Dantoni, just use some of his offensive sets but you must go big...small ball shit is for the regular season, he had the personnel to make the series with Indiana more competitive, but we still would of lost b/c Amare was hurt. (Note: Amare has had more playoff success then Carmelo Anthony)

5. Keep Melo at SF......fuck!

Starting 5
1. Chris Paul
2. Iman Shumpert
3. Carmelo Anthony
4. Amare Stoudemire
5. Samuel Dalembert

Bench:
1. Pablo Priginoi or 1st round pick (PG)
2. Jason Kidd
3. Chris Copeland or 1st round pick (SF)
4. Kenyon Martin
5. Marcus Camby

Go BIG...have Dalembert or Camby in the game at all times for defense and shot blocking. Knicks win
King of NYKFPF

Re: Chandler is a role player...package him for star

Postby nazrmohamed » May 30, 2013, 7:13 pm

Ok, now fast forward till January when Amare and Camby reinjure himself

Paul/Priggioni
Shumpert/Kidd
Novak/Rice?
Melo/Copeland
Dalembert/Kmart

Sorry but that wont beat the Pacers, Bulls or Heat. People forget that we wouldve played a big roster last yr.....if we couldve played a big roster last yr. They also forget that for all Chris Pauls infinate greatness, Mike Conely made him his bitch. They also forget that Dalembert is a career underachiever and played only 16 minutes per game last yr for a reason.

Leave Paul where he belongs. If anything go to theknicksblog.com and see if you can do tommys trade for Tyreke Evans without using Shumpert.
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby cragganmor » May 30, 2013, 7:22 pm

will be difficult to move chandler; his stock is not high at the moment and we would have to fire sale or take back a bad contract in exchange. i'd give him another chance to get healthy and return to form; he's got great rapport with felton and i think both guys will look to elevate their games this season.
cragganmor

Postby nazrmohamed » May 30, 2013, 8:10 pm

I honestly believe that if we called up the Clippers and offered Tyson, the player theyd more likely part with is Deandre Jordan. And for those caught up in the name and highlight dunks compare stats. Tyson Chandler is a better player RIGHT NOW. Go look, you'll be surprised.

Then dispite what Knick fans feel. The same knick fans that are rabid and bash everything, Tyson is regarded as a winner. I mean we're not the 36 win Knicks trying to sell off players anymore. We're a winning team. Nit to mention Tysons won a title and was voted first team all defense by coaches.

Whats Jordan known for? Helping Paul get kicked outta first round? Then putting away the Paul pipe dream, I think he'd rather play with Chandler in LA, AND isn't Chandler FROM LA? So I don't think its that far fetched. Id love to offer Chandler and Felton for Deandre Jordan and Bledsoe. Maybe you trade Novak for some picks you can throw in.

But why do I wanna do this dispite what I said? Because I want the upside. And if we can't go pretty far next season maybe it IS time to consider selling off Melo and Amare and rebuilding around a young team, and Id be happy if the core were Bledsoe/Shumpert/Jordan.
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby big_j_NY » May 30, 2013, 9:18 pm

DeAndre Jordan for Tyson Chandler sounds like a fair trade to me.............you're essentially getting the same player in return in either side of the trade. Not to mention DeAndre has a pair of fucking hands that can actually catch a loose ball, not playing "volleyball" like Tyson does.
#EmbraceTheTank2018

#InPorzingisWeTrust

Hassan Whiteside wrote:I'm just tryin...tryin 2 really get my NBA 2K rating up
big_j_NY

Postby cragganmor » May 30, 2013, 9:39 pm

the only way the clips do this deal is upon the insistence of cp3; they'll do anything to get him extended/re-signed.
cragganmor

Postby Don Che » May 31, 2013, 11:25 am

Nazr is going for blood today I see.

Tyson had a bad series and was only in his groove in spurts this season but with the pecking order of issues... he isn't the man problem at all.

Tyson is a problem just as much as Melo is a problem...both have flaws..both do certain things well.

Unless a FRANCHISE big comes into the picture...Tyson should be here next year. CP3 is a great PG but he is not the end all be all with us winning it all.

We need another guard to back up Felton...not take out Felton completely.

We have more good then bad on this roster...we just have to fix the bench and offensive philosophy and we should be ok.

Spurs/Indiana/Heat/Memphis to me..have 1 thing in common...they have played the same guys for the most part and kept the roster intact. Knicks have to do the same.

Ray/Shump/Melo/Amare/Tyson for a full year as a starting 5 is just as good as the other teams left in the playoffs outside of the Heat.

Get a quick guard at either position and a front court player(3/4/stretch 5) that can possibly start just incase Amar'e goes down.
Don Che

Postby nazrmohamed » May 31, 2013, 12:19 pm

Don Che wrote:Nazr is going for blood today I see.

Tyson had a bad series and was only in his groove in spurts this season but with the pecking order of issues... he isn't the man problem at all.

Tyson is a problem just as much as Melo is a problem...both have flaws..both do certain things well.

Unless a FRANCHISE big comes into the picture...Tyson should be here next year. CP3 is a great PG but he is not the end all be all with us winning it all.

We need another guard to back up Felton...not take out Felton completely.

We have more good then bad on this roster...we just have to fix the bench and offensive philosophy and we should be ok.

Spurs/Indiana/Heat/Memphis to me..have 1 thing in common...they have played the same guys for the most part and kept the roster intact. Knicks have to do the same.

Ray/Shump/Melo/Amare/Tyson for a full year as a starting 5 is just as good as the other teams left in the playoffs outside of the Heat.

Get a quick guard at either position and a front court player(3/4/stretch 5) that can possibly start just incase Amar'e goes down.

Don, to be honest with you Im beyond blaming. Tyson fought as hard as he could fight, so did Melo. Im actually very pleased with our season last yr. I don't think we underachieved at all, but its much worse. I think we overachieved. Yep, we over achieved. We took a team without Amare that was projected as the sixth seed and made it a top 2 team record-wise in the East. But therein lies the problem. I almost feel like its going to be near impossible to improve significantly. Amare is injury prone dude. Yet we still are stuck with his contract. Its reminds me of Alan Houston all over again except with Melo we could probably get to the same second round every yr. I'm not saying to blow it up today, in fact you couldn't. But if next yr we're out in the second round....if we make it that far, its time to really consider blowing it up.

And whats ironic is Amares contract would've been the thing that most held us back yet he'd probably be the last dude on the team.
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby Don Che » May 31, 2013, 2:41 pm

We did overachieve ...nothing wrong with that. I just think Amar'e will be healthy when its all said and done next season.

I didn't want him here in the first place..I don't consider him or melo superstars but once we made that investment...thats exactly what they became.

We can't move Amar'e and his 20 mill contract...so we can't improve the traditional way. We are relying on him to be a contender next year.

Tops we can do is bring in a 3/4 thats athletic and not inept on offense to come in just incase he's out but otherwise..until we have that 20 mill back to give to someone else.

We have NO CHOICE but hope he gets healthy. I'd rather this then the Curry/Jamal/Marbury days when it wasnt health but actual mental ineptitude.

Amar'e is in great shape..never over weight..doesn't complain...doesn't give up and has played big games and came up as victorious before..its all on him being healthy.

Due to his work ethic...both knees have been scoped...back hasn't caused any problems and he's actually still mobile....he will be healthy.

Plus if he is ever healthy...there is no one on the market better then he is...so until 2015..we better cross our fingers and hope the bad investment is good for 3/5 years.
Don Che

Return to Armchair GM