should knicks trade for lawson?

Post all your ideas for trade proposals and signings to improve the Knicks or other NBA teams.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

should knicks trade for lawson?

Postby vino92 » June 12, 2015, 12:16 pm

should the knicks trade there 4 th pick calderon hardaway and larkin for lawson and denver 7th pick it allows denver to get one of the top two point gaurds
vino92

Re: should knicks trade for lawson?

Postby spree#8 » June 12, 2015, 12:57 pm

No.
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby vino92 » June 12, 2015, 2:04 pm

You don't think lawson a big upgrade at point and can run phil system also we can draft cauley stein which gives us two starters
vino92

Postby Mr. Glass » June 12, 2015, 2:37 pm

vino92 wrote:You don't think lawson a big upgrade at point and can run phil system also we can draft cauley stein which gives us two starters

No.
"Mother said render you unconscious. I'm going to render you unconscious." LL Cool J
Mr. Glass

Postby nazrmohamed » June 12, 2015, 2:39 pm

I wouldn't mind it but you gotta wait till draft night. Not before. Basically I gotta see us draft Mudaiy or Russell and then see them draft Stein and later on hear......we have a trade.

Can't lie. I rather have Mudaiy than Stein. But I'd rather have Lawson/Stein than Calderon/Mudaiy. You'd be getting a bonafied starter at PG who fits the vet mold that Phil and Melo want and then oh well I guess I could then live with settling for the best defender in the draft.
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby spree#8 » June 12, 2015, 2:54 pm

Said it in another thread. First of all: Lawson is an up-tempo point guard, that doesn't even fit what we want to do in the half-court. Second: we can get better players with our cap space in free agency (we have 45 mill combined in 2015 and 2016), so I wouldn't worry too much about having Calderon still on the books when the season starts. Third: at number 4 we can get a way better prospect than at 7 and we started to throw players away to get exactly into this position. The best draft position since 1985 in a draft that has star potential guys available at 4. Fourth: if teams want to get rid of players like Lawson we can just offer our cap space to absorb those contracts without a high lottery pick swap being involved.

So, no.

I mean this would be exactly the kind of transaction where you wonder why we never get really good, throwing our highest draft pick in decades away while not really accomplishing anything. That after throwing guys away to get that high draft pick. Guys (Chandler and Shumpert) for whom we could've gotten two first round picks without being worse positioned against the cap (because Calderon and Shved are making exactly what Smith and Felton would've gotten). And if you say, we renounce Shved. Fine. Feltons 3pointsomething are just the extra 1 using the stretch provision after being waived to equal in sum with Smith' contract the 7.something of Calderon.
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby vino92 » June 12, 2015, 3:34 pm

I hear what your saying but I don't see either mudiay winslow as can't miss propects we are talking about a 28 y/o point gaurd who will give us 16 and 9 not to many points in this leauge do that and last time I looked he didn't have someone like melo to pass to truth is I don't see much difference between 4 and 7 since they seem to talk about the same four players in that slot be it muliday winslow stein or porzingis
vino92

Postby Minkaveli » June 12, 2015, 3:35 pm

Larkin is a free agent so we can't trade him.
No longer sick and tired that Kurt wasn't hired.
Minkaveli

Postby vino92 » June 12, 2015, 4:00 pm

larkin just trade fodder to make the money work
vino92

Postby shakespeare » June 12, 2015, 4:29 pm

Hilarious.

Mink told vino that Larkin's a free agent so we can't trade him and vino returned to say Larkin is trade fodder used to make the monies work.

Too funny.
The Porzingis blessing is real.
shakespeare
Writer

Postby Don Che » June 12, 2015, 4:33 pm

Trading the pick is the dumbest thing we've done since trading for Curry....which was the dumbest thing we did since trading for Marbury....which was the dumbest thing since.....get my point.

Take the best player and GTFO
Don Che

Postby Red » June 12, 2015, 4:36 pm

Technically, is there a cap hold for Larkin until July 1st?
"The Warriors have won two titles under Steve Kerr but Jackson was credited for taking a lottery team with young players and transforming them into a playoff team."
Red

Postby vino92 » June 12, 2015, 5:28 pm

since I like making dumb trades how about calderon smith our 4 th pick to hornest for gilchrist vonleh zeller and there 9th pick which we use on hezonja or oubre or payne? jordan would love a shot at mudiay
vino92

Postby Minkaveli » June 12, 2015, 5:51 pm

Jason Smith is a free agent. He can't be traded.
No longer sick and tired that Kurt wasn't hired.
Minkaveli

Postby spree#8 » June 12, 2015, 5:56 pm

Red wrote:Technically, is there a cap hold for Larkin until July 1st?

Larkin is under contract till July 1. After that there will be a cap hold until the Knicks renounce their rights. But you can't trade a cap hold. Only thing you can try if you wanna throw him into any trades is a sign and trade. Oh, and if you didn't read it before: expiring contracts can't be traded after the trade deadline and before free agency starts, so right now he is trade ineligible.
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby noypi » June 13, 2015, 11:01 am

NO.
“I’m still chasing a championship, I’m just chasing it here in New York,’’ Anthony said. “I’ve come to peace with that. I’m doing it in my own way on my own time.”

http://nypost.com/2015/10/27/greatest-c ... -with-nyc/
noypi

Postby tiger0330 » June 14, 2015, 10:19 am

CBA question, anyone know how to make this trade work short of trading everyone on the team excluding Melo that we have a contract with.? I think we would have to bring back someone like we did with QRich to make this deal happen.
tiger0330

Postby vino92 » June 14, 2015, 1:30 pm

question would we be ok with either Winslow Stein Porzingis or Hezsonja and if so what if we took Muliday and packages that pick with Calderon and Smith or Hardaway to denver for lawson Farid and one of the above draft picks that would still allow us to sign Monroe and Matthews Does a team of Melo Lawson Farid Monroe Matthews and one of the other picks appeal to anyone?(alttough if it was me I would ship Melo to Chicago or Sacramento for the deals I suggested) in which case subtract Melo and insert Gay and the 6 th pick or Noah Mirotic and Mcdermott I dont know about U but I see a Top 3 team in the east. Denver gets rid of two unhappy players and get there point of the future. So in closing does Monroe Matthews Lawson Farid Gay the 6 and 7 th picks or Monroe Matthews Noah Mirotic Mcdermott Lawson Farid and 7 th pick work for U it does Me!!
vino92

Postby NYKfanforever » June 15, 2015, 11:35 am

fucking no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NYKfanforever

Postby Nononsense » June 15, 2015, 5:23 pm

This thread is great! It's the most fun I've had on this site since Rebis. :bounce:
Nononsense

Next

Return to Armchair GM