Trade Rose

Post all your ideas for trade proposals and signings to improve the Knicks or other NBA teams.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

nazrmohamed
Likes given: 246

So yeah, Nazr (aka swaggerblaster) apparently hates Rose. Not true but I sure don't love him and really I don't like the idea of resigning him or anyone designed to prop up some late career Melo run. My eyes are to the future. I don't think it has to happen over 10 years like the Sixers wanna do. But I do think you need a core of guys who are peers. To me KP was the first of those players. I think we do have other young guys but they are all on the bench. We need more top tier prospects.

Now this draft is set to be one that will be remembered. That's not my opinion, is what the scouts say who do this every year. To me the Knicks need one of two things. They need to get into a better draft position or they need to have more picks.

Im ready to trade Melo. He and his NTC might have other ideas. Rose presents us with an opportunity that Melo can't.
1-his contract is desirable. He's a large expiring. Forget the name, his contract could provide major relief for a team.
2- he's proven he can play. He can still get at the basket

So Im thinking of perhaps using him plus our pick to move up in the draft or perhaps another near playoff team can see him putting them firmly in the playoffs and give us a pick. Our pick, seeing as we'll slide without Rose could end up in the lottery, thier pick could end up anywhere from the late teens to early twenties.

Then you go over to the draft board and start dreaming about any TWO of the players we talk about there. And now the Knicks got the makings of a young core.
Don Che
Likes given: 9

No one is going to give up picks or good young talent for rose.....Melo maybe he's on a good deal for 2 more years

The point now is to get young talent with the potential to start and hides what KP can't do.

Let rose expire
nazrmohamed

Don Che wrote:No one is going to give up picks or good young talent for rose.....Melo maybe he's on a good deal for 2 more years

The point now is to get young talent with the potential to start and hides what KP can't do.

Let rose expire
Wait, so you think Melo has a more tradable deal than Rose? I don't think so. I watch playoff teams trade late first rounders for expiring players and then waive the player the next day just for cap space. You don't think they do so for a player who could actually help in a playoff run?
nazrmohamed

And remember, we gave up young talent for Rose.
taowave
Likes given: 817

Only rumors I read about is Melo going to either Chicago or Cleveland in a 3 way deal.

No urgency to move Rose as he's on a short term deal.

One thing we can't afford is mediocrity and a shitty pick
Don Che
Likes given: 9

I'd release rose ...I'm not into trading expirings with where we stand unless its for a beast
n8 the gr8
Likes given: 158

^
I have no problem with taking on salary if the Knicks get a 1st round pick out of the deal.
"dam,we got a crier"
~tao

"Throw Payton out and get it over with. I'm getting hungry."
~Clyde
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1122

n8 the gr8 wrote:^
I have no problem with taking on salary if the Knicks get a 1st round pick out of the deal.
Depends on the 1st round pick, if its a lottery 1st rounder..........yes I'd trade Rose for it. No mid or late 1st rounders, a genuine lottery pick.

Otherwise I'm with Don, buyout Rose and let him walk somewhere else while we enjoy the freed up cap space from his expiring this summer.

If this was a Carmelo trade on the other hand, I would bite the bullet and take any draft pick.........'cuz Carmelo has pretty much warmed out his welcome here
n8 the gr8
Likes given: 158

big_j_NY wrote:Depends on the 1st round pick, if its a lottery 1st rounder..........yes I'd trade Rose for it. No mid or late 1st rounders, a genuine lottery pick.

Otherwise I'm with Don, buyout Rose and let him walk somewhere else while we enjoy the freed up cap space from his expiring this summer.

If this was a Carmelo trade on the other hand, I would bite the bullet and take any draft pick.........'cuz Carmelo has pretty much warmed out his welcome here
I'd take pretty much any 1st round pick for this coming draft. It looks good to me, and I think you could a starting caliber player with picks 10-20. If the Knicks are going into rebuild mode then we're a few years away from signing serious free agents so I don't see what the problem is with taking back salary. When you start rebuild mode is the perfect time to get draft picks in exchange for taking back salary.
"dam,we got a crier"
~tao

"Throw Payton out and get it over with. I'm getting hungry."
~Clyde
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1122

Because ultimately taking back salary results in a complete shit player that could "hurt the rebuilding culture." Last thing we need is another disgruntled veteran replacing Derrick Rose's spot and being a distraction WHILE we're trying to rebuild for the future.

That is a risk I don't want to take with an expiring BUT I am more willing to take with Carmelo's longer contract since Carmelo is gradually becoming that "disgruntled veteran that is a distraction."
cragganmor
Likes given: 93

noah & rose to minny for pekovic's deal and rubio. min has trouble with scoring which is rose's forte, noah would teach the t-pups poise and toughness; thibs gets 2 vets that he trusts. it works on trade checker.

we get a ball mover that only needs 7 fga/gm, an underrated defender with length. pek is retiring, his deal will come off the books. plus we open mins for whg, koq and plum
thewatcher
Likes given: 2608

^^love it Craig!!
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
taowave
Likes given: 817

Love it too, which is why it wok NEVER happen..

Rose likely goes to a playoff team. Cleveland or The Clips would make sense.
noypi
Likes given: 24

Trade Rose to Philly. If they are serious for a playoff push, they need to upgrade their guards. Once Simmons is back, Rose does not have to create often for his teammates and can focus on scoring. A 2017 1st round pick and expiring trash is all we want. They get better, we get worse and get closer to top 6 lottery pick.

While we're at it, trade Lee to the Pelicans. He's on a reasonable contract and locked up for 3 more years after this season because they need AD happy and go for a playoff push. All we want is Tyreke's expiring deal. They get better, we get worse.

Noah and Jennings to Minny for Rubio and Pekovic as cragg said. They get their vet leader Noah and backup pg who is also expiring for cap relief. But if they don't deal us Pek because they know he's retiring and will come off the books, I'd be willing to trade for Rubio and Cole Aldrich. At least those two have a year shorter contract than Noah and more useful. :LOL:

Lance Thomas for PJ Tucker straight up. Phoenix locks up a glue guy to replace Tucker, we get an expiring.

Melo can stay as veteran statesman to mentor the youngins but if a deal is made, I won't feel bad as long as we get a 1st round pick.
“I’m still chasing a championship, I’m just chasing it here in New York,’’ Anthony said. “I’ve come to peace with that. I’m doing it in my own way on my own time.”

http://nypost.com/2015/10/27/greatest-c ... -with-nyc/