Swap Noah for Deng

Post all your ideas for trade proposals and signings to improve the Knicks or other NBA teams.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Swap Noah for Deng

Postby n8 the gr8 » October 23, 2017, 9:46 pm

:?
If Noah comes back from being suspended and can string together a couple of ok games I think this could benefit both teams. Both are veterans with solid history but overpaid, same number of years remaining. Basically just swapping based on the depth chart.
Trust Gaines
Doncic 2018
n8 the gr8

Re: Swap Noah for Deng

Postby spree#8 » October 24, 2017, 12:45 pm

My guess is the Lakers will try to send Deng out the way they did with Mozgov. Attach an asset and trade him into cap room of a team under the cap next summer. If you like the Lakers you have to hope though that they aren't as dumb as they were attaching Russell to Mozgov.

So I don't think they would be interested in such a swap. I also don't think we need Deng, because right now we start Lee and have McDermott, Beasley and Kuzminskas at the same position, with Dotson also waiting for a call to step somewhere on the floor. IMO Noah is fine as the veteran mentor from the bench whom you can send in for defense once his suspension is up. I agree though that Deng could still be better than any of our current options. But in our situation I give rather McDermott some reps to see where he stands as a player.

A trade like this (finding another team's player on a bad contract who fits better with us) might be the only chance to trade Noah though, so not a bad idea.
#knickstape
spree#8

Re: Swap Noah for Deng

Postby n8 the gr8 » October 29, 2017, 2:58 pm

I get where you're coming from in wanting McDermott/Kuz to get minutes but I think that's less of a problem than Willy/KOQ/Kanter being pressed for minutes. You're probably right about them looking to make a swap for an expiring though- the Mozgov trade is a clear example of them valuing a clean house over some assets.
Trust Gaines
Doncic 2018
n8 the gr8

Return to Armchair GM