If you guys want to build for the future, do this

Post all your ideas for trade proposals and signings to improve the Knicks or other NBA teams.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

prguy
Banned
Likes given: 0

Step one, Get expiring contracts

New York trades: SF Tim Thomas (10.1 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 1.1 apg in 26.4 minutes)
PG Stephon Marbury (20.3 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 8.3 apg in 39.8 minutes)
New York receives: PG Damon Stoudamire (14.5 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 5.5 apg in 31.5 minutes)
PF Shareef Abdur-Rahim (15.7 ppg, 8.0 rpg, 1.3 apg in 35.2 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -0.2 ppg, +5.1 rpg, and -2.6 apg.

Portland trades: PG Damon Stoudamire (14.5 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 5.5 apg in 31.5 minutes)
Portland receives: SF Tim Thomas (10.1 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 1.1 apg in 26.4 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +0.2 ppg, -5.1 rpg, and +2.6 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to New York and Portland being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. New York and Portland had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Expiring Contracts > Losers If I was GM I would steal a first round pick also

Next Step 2, More expiring Contract

Atlanta trades: PF Antoine Walker (20.1 ppg, 9.4 rpg, 3.7 apg in 40.4 minutes)
Atlanta receives: PF Mike Sweetney (7.6 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 0.6 apg in 17.0 minutes)
SG Jamal Crawford (19.1 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 3.8 apg in 37.2 minutes)
C Kurt Thomas (11.6 ppg, 9.8 rpg, 1.9 apg in 36.5 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +18.2 ppg, +8.0 rpg, and +2.6 apg.

New York trades: PF Mike Sweetney (7.6 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 0.6 apg in 17.0 minutes)
New York receives: PF Antoine Walker (20.1 ppg, 9.4 rpg, 3.7 apg in 40.4 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -18.2 ppg, -8.0 rpg, and -2.6 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to New York being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. New York had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

+ some1st n 2nd round pick or some other scrubs from the Hawks

Antwain Walker is a Free Agent, same with Damon and SAR thats losing TONS of money

Alright, let me try to go over this...

PG Damon Stodimire
SG Ariza
SF SAR
PF Walker
C Nazr

Bench
Houston
JYD
Baker
Brewer
Sundov

Suck for this season, and the future is ours... all the free agents draft picks you name it, Prguy is a genius

looks at the Blazers

Marbury
Anderson
Tim Thomas
Zach Randolph
Pryzbilla

Hawks?
Crawford
Josh Smith
Harington
Sweetney
Kurt Thomas
Carlitos Boricua de corazon,el quinteto orgullo boricua
http://netskywirelesscom.ntitemp.com/vi ... ights2.wmv

"My homeboy Shandon Anderson rocks the house with the good stuff!" - Clyde Frazier
egluck
Likes given: 1

I think the other teams could do better. Plus no reason to give up on Sweetney yet. He was a number 9 pick and has looked very good at times. He just needs to play his natural position of PF to really breakout and have a coach who knows how to use him.

I like your ideas though, I think if Isiah could start trading even our top guys for expiring contracts while keeping Crawford, Ariza, and Sweetney, nobody would fault him at this point. In fact he might even make all those people who rag on him for being a Layden clone eat their hats.
yo

Would you people be willing to trade Marbury...? to be a powerhouse team in the future?

New York trades:

New York receives: C Brian Grant (3.3 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 0.3 apg in 15.2 minutes)
SF Caron Butler (14.6 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 1.6 apg in 35.2 minutes)

Change in team outlook: -2.4 ppg, +5.9 rpg, and -6.4 apg.

L.A. Lakers trades: C Brian Grant (3.3 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 0.3 apg in 15.2 minutes)
SF Caron Butler (14.6 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 1.6 apg in 35.2 minutes)

L.A. Lakers receives: PG Stephon Marbury (20.3 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 8.3 apg in 39.8 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +2.4 ppg, -5.9 rpg, and +6.4 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to New York and L.A. Lakers being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. New York and L.A. Lakers had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Now before u rip my head off lol with the inclusion of a draft pick? would u guys consider it? brian grants contract expires soon aswell as penny's and TT's.
ECross

prguy wrote:Step one, Get expiring contracts

New York trades: SF Tim Thomas (10.1 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 1.1 apg in 26.4 minutes)
New York receives: PG Damon Stoudamire (14.5 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 5.5 apg in 31.5 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -0.2 ppg, +5.1 rpg, and -2.6 apg.

Portland trades: PG Damon Stoudamire (14.5 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 5.5 apg in 31.5 minutes)
Portland receives: SF Tim Thomas (10.1 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 1.1 apg in 26.4 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +0.2 ppg, -5.1 rpg, and +2.6 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to New York and Portland being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. New York and Portland had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Expiring Contracts > Losers If I was GM I would steal a first round pick also

Next Step 2, More expiring Contract

Atlanta trades: PF Antoine Walker (20.1 ppg, 9.4 rpg, 3.7 apg in 40.4 minutes)
Atlanta receives: PF Mike Sweetney (7.6 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 0.6 apg in 17.0 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +18.2 ppg, +8.0 rpg, and +2.6 apg.

New York trades: PF Mike Sweetney (7.6 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 0.6 apg in 17.0 minutes)
New York receives: PF Antoine Walker (20.1 ppg, 9.4 rpg, 3.7 apg in 40.4 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -18.2 ppg, -8.0 rpg, and -2.6 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to New York being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. New York had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

+ some1st n 2nd round pick or some other scrubs from the Hawks

Antwain Walker is a Free Agent, same with Damon and SAR thats losing TONS of money

Alright, let me try to go over this...

PG Damon Stodimire
SG Ariza
SF SAR
PF Walker
C Nazr

Bench
Houston
JYD
Baker
Brewer
Sundov

Suck for this season, and the future is ours... all the free agents draft picks you name it, Prguy is a genius

looks at the Blazers

Marbury
Anderson
Tim Thomas
Zach Randolph
Pryzbilla

Hawks?
Crawford
Josh Smith
Harington
Sweetney
Kurt Thomas

we'd still be over the cap
"Let me tell you something about good looking people........We aren't very well liked".
Swishin-n-Dishin
Banned

Actually while we would be over the cap we would be so for less time. If we can find some way to deal H20 package him in to some kinda deal. Maybe we can trade him and Sweetney to Toronto for a draft pick and Alston. He is a trouble maker there and that would give us a good point guard. Which would allow Marbury to play his natural position although he wont admit it Shooting Guard! l agree with your ideas PrGuy but l dunno if we trade all these guys away we might actually win some games and that would suck since we are banking on draft picks. Look at that Knick team its soo much better than the current one. l would rather have Damion at point than marbury!
Roads? Where We're Going We Dont Need Roads!
My Name is Dikembe Mutombo Mpolondo Mukamba Jean Jacque Wamutombo
prguy
Banned

Anyone has any other ideas than this to rebuild?

"My homeboy Shandon Anderson rocks the house with the good stuff!" - Clyde Frazier
Dirtstar

you're not a genius, but it's not a terrible idea.

STILL... i don't like the idea of giving away very talented young players like crawford, marbury and sweetney.

also, while this would clear tons of cap room, no big FA's want to be part of a rebuilding project, even if it's in NY. and as long as houston's contract is on the books, we'd only have enough room under the cap to sign one other all-star. so our roster would look something like:

Moochie
Injured Houston
Ariza
All-star??? or vin baker
All-star??? or Nazr

i rather keep the talented nucleus we have in Marbs, Crawford, Ariza and Sweetney. try and move Penny/TT/etc in the offseason, if nothing happens, then keep them on the roster and make a big move at the next trade deadline. you could package one of those guys with marbury, who will always have big trade value.

a year later, do the same thing with houston's expiring $20 million deal, trade him for a young player and a draft pick in order to avoid adding more contracts.

in the meantime, we'll have this year's lottery pick to use on a big man, and if we land in the lottery again next year, we'll have a pick also b/c the pick we traded to phoenix is lottery-protected through 2008 i think.

i like your idea and all, but it looks as though Isiah has resigned himself to rebuilding through this year's draft and the expiring contracts we'll already have next season. otherwise, he wouldn't be in europe during the season's busiest trading period, he'd be over working the phones 24/7.
prguy
Banned

You have to trade talented players like Marbury and Crawford to get draft picks, Marbury and Crawford aren't going to lead this team to the playoffs

We need a team nucleus core, if you want to continue being medicore then you would keep Marbury/Crawford as your guard rotation for the future

I just did this trade to free up some contracts, Damon Stodimire, SAR, Walker Contracts are up this year, and all have been in trade rumors

Start now, before its too late

Indiana

prguy wrote: Start now, before its too late
It's already too late. The time to start doing this would have been the summer of 2003. We could have been just about at the cap this summer and well under it by next - and would have had Sweetney, Williams and Lampe to try to build around, as well as whoever we'd have gotten with our 1st rd pick last year.

We'd have also had Spree's contract expiring this summer and the chance to use it to get someone else.

Of course we'd have still had Shandon, Weatherspoon, etc.

If we start today it'll take 3 years before we're under the cap - and that's only if we do everything possible to dump salaries, buy people out, etc. Then another 3 years before we're competitive again ...

Let's face the facts - we're in salary cap hell and we're past the point where there's a quick fix.

Except for one: Under the new CBA the salary cap gets raised to 65 million or more. And that ain't happening.
clutchshooter43

That's a really good plan for the future and if the knicks are willing to trade steph, i wouldn;t mind it
Dirtstar

prguy wrote:You have to trade talented players like Marbury and Crawford to get draft picks, Marbury and Crawford aren't going to lead this team to the playoffs

We need a team nucleus core, if you want to continue being medicore then you would keep Marbury/Crawford as your guard rotation for the future

I just did this trade to free up some contracts, Damon Stodimire, SAR, Walker Contracts are up this year, and all have been in trade rumors

Start now, before its too late

our backcourt is not the problem and they were leading us into the playoffs until crawford got hurt and H20 couldn't pick up the slack. they're certainly not the reason the Knicks are mediocre and are actually the only reason why we're not 20 games under .500.

let's see what's more of a problem, a starting backcourt of Steph and Crawford, or starting big men like Kurt Thomas and Nazr??? survey says: our big men stink.

put at least one legitimate big man alongside marbury and crawford and the Knicks will be a playoff team in a second.
off2jiggy

I'd trade anyone on our team at this point except Ariza which i believe has a good upside. However, I seriosly doubt Portland would go for this. They have had salary cap issues themselves for the last 4-5 years there not about to take on marbury. At least we have a lottery pick coming then well have to take it from there. There will be no quick solution for this mess only patience.
SLY WILLIAMS

You trade Marbury but you only accept a quality player or many draft picks back not other teams scrubs.
SIG
knicksfan4life

Any chance we can get rid of Houston with Marbury. Face it Marbury still has some cred. as a player, any chance of Marbury and Houston for Stoudamire, SAR, and another bad contract like Ruben Patterson (who's not as bad as H20)...I'd defeintly do the trade for antoine walker's contract same thing works qith Zyndrunas Illgasukas..sounds good prguy, Isiah would never even think about it!
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
prguy
Banned

See I'm a genius :D

knicksH20
Likes given: 6

prguy wrote:See I'm a genius :D
once in a blue moon :P
One Team. One New York.

Jamal Crawford
His Crawfulness!
knicksrocku

Hmm --- trade our best players for expiring contracts and picks or continue being frustrated for years to come...I like the idea of blowing this entire crew up, buy out or force H2O into retirement (if at all possible), and try to hang on to our youngin's (Sweet, Ariza, maybe crawford although his shot selection makes me sick).
knicksrocku

prguy wrote:See I'm a genius :D
I like about 50% of what you write and hate about 50% of what you write....but the bottom line is that you are a great contributor to this board.

Let's not get crazy and call you a genius! :dikembe:
prguy
Banned

knicksH20 wrote: once in a blue moon :P

What does this phrase mean?

knicksfan4life

If we somehow do these trades, our roster would be heading into next year

2005/2006:
PG: Chris Paul (we'd have a high 2004/2005 lottery pick, so it's possible)
SG: Who knows?
SF: Ariza
PF: TT
C: Nazr (cud we swing him to Dallas for Henderson or whoever the expiring deal they got from Hawks for Antoine , if so he'd be gone)

a bench of average players that don't take up cap room....than the important thing is we tank 05/06 because there'd be no talent on the roster...Than Greg Oden/OJ Mayo are availbable to be drafted we can fill a C or SG void there with an almost definite franchise player.

2006/2007: (Penny, TT are already off the books have cap room)
PG: Chris Paul
SG: Mayo?/someone if we were to go oden..
SF: Ariza
PF: who knows?
C: Oden/some1 if we were to draft mayo...

than sign LeBron...a pipe dream, yes. but isn't it possible? + this thread shud be in fantasy trade thread..

than a great team of

Chris Paul
LBJ
Ariza
an Anderson Varejeo type?
Oden
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.