How To go about Rebuilding

Post all your ideas for trade proposals and signings to improve the Knicks or other NBA teams.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

knicksfan4life
Likes given: 0

We should trade all players 30 and older, for anything 2nd round picks, first round picks, young players.

I suggest a swap of Kurt for a Kwame Brown type. Someone easy to resign...he has potential and if he doesn't reach it than we don't have Kurt's 3 year deal so who cares.

A high Draft Picks, for many years: Does any one else worry about Isiah wanting a White/Foreign star on his team? If we're top 5 I hope he gets Taft or Bogut, If we're 6-7 than I want Splitter although I'm not sure Isiah'd go Splitter.

I'm not gonna say Trade Steph/Jamal cause it's not happenning.

Just let some contracts expire as we build draft picks, don't try to be the Bulls and quick fix signing guys like Eddie Robinson and Ron Mercer (we 'd be trading TT and Penny for over paid players. )

Just make smart moves, don't invest too much in something that you can't be sure about (eddy curry, tyson chandler types).
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
knicksH20
Likes given: 6

knicksfan4life wrote:We should trade all players 30 and older, for anything 2nd round picks, first round picks, young players.

I suggest a swap of Kurt for a Kwame Brown type. Someone easy to resign...he has potential and if he doesn't reach it than we don't have Kurt's 3 year deal so who cares.

A high Draft Picks, for many years: Does any one else worry about Isiah wanting a White/Foreign star on his team? If we're top 5 I hope he gets Taft or Bogut, If we're 6-7 than I want Splitter although I'm not sure Isiah'd go Splitter.

Just let some contracts expire as we build draft picks, don't try to be the Bulls and quick fix signing guys like Eddie Robinson and Ron Mercer (we 'd be trading TT and Penny for over paid players. )

Just make smart moves, don't invest too much in something that you can't be sure about (eddy curry, tyson chandler types).
not everyone. we need veteran players for their leadership and playoff experience. h20, KT, penny, jyd are valuable in that way. the only people i see leadership from is JYD and KT tho. :(
One Team. One New York.

Jamal Crawford
His Crawfulness!
knicksfan4life

knicksH20 wrote: not everyone. we need veteran players for their leadership and playoff experience. h20, KT, penny, jyd are valuable in that way. the only people i see leadership from is JYD and KT tho. :(
I sorta get you JYD is a good locker room prescense cuz he can teach the kids to play with fire. KT has seemed to be a cancer, getting in fights with Bruno and Marbury. I can understand athletes like to win and I respect Kurt for his fire but can't have teammates clashing and Marbury's going nowhere. Also Kirk Heinrich is the Bulls captain and he's 23.
knicksrule456
Banned

knicksH20 wrote: not everyone. we need veteran players for their leadership and playoff experience. h20, KT, penny, jyd are valuable in that way. the only people i see leadership from is JYD and KT tho. :(
I agree but we can also get leadership from Penny. He has been in the playoffs before and could be really valuable. I don't want to keep all those players just for leadership. You still need the people to perform.
"Bruised and Refused"
-Walt "Clyde" Frazier (Just for Men Commercial)

Officially Starting the Penny Hardaway Bandwagon.

Wanna Join?
knicksH20

knicksfan4life wrote:
I sorta get you JYD is a good locker room prescense cuz he can teach the kids to play with fire. KT has seemed to be a cancer, getting in fights with Bruno and Marbury. I can understand athletes like to win and I respect Kurt for his fire but can't have teammates clashing and Marbury's going nowhere. Also Kirk Heinrich is the Bulls captain and he's 23.
i know we can't do anything about marbury, but i'm sorry, marbury is the culprit behind the "kt vs. marbury" feud. Kurt complained about a play, which is a valid and proper thing to do as a team leader. stephon responding with an oh-so-mature "Fuck You" is stepping way over the line. that pissed me off. So hey marbury, EFF you. its really too bad this whole org is afraid of steph. but yeah, i agree, clashing inside the locker room is never good.
One Team. One New York.

Jamal Crawford
His Crawfulness!
knicksfan4life

knicksrule456 wrote: I agree but we can also get leadership from Penny. He has been in the playoffs before and could be really valuable. I don't want to keep all those players just for leadership. You still need the people to perform.
at this point I am only proving you wrong because of the ridiculousness of having a bandwagon for Penny Hardaway... But it's good to have leadership from a guy who bitched about his minutes, than was sent home...when your sent home from a team for bitching it's not a good sign. If that's what we're getting as leadership and value...no wonder were 19-28.
knicksrocku

knicksfan4life wrote:We should trade all players 30 and older, for anything 2nd round picks, first round picks, young players.

I would trade anyone on our team for a white foreign star like Dirk or Nash --- also would trade anyone on the team (except maybe Marbury) for a white foreign player like Peja, Tony Parker or Manu (I think Parker is white??)

On a side note: H2O is worthless right now...I wish there was a way to get rid of him. He had a TON of time to rehab, he comes back gimpy and is riding the pine again. He will only be unending torment for Knicks fans always 'hoping' that he'll come back as strong as he once was. It's not going to happen.
knicksfan4life

knicksrocku wrote: I would trade anyone on our team for a white foreign star like Dirk or Nash --- also would trade anyone on the team (except maybe Marbury) for a white foreign player like Peja, Tony Parker or Manu (I think Parker is white??)

On a side note: H2O is worthless right now...I wish there was a way to get rid of him. He had a TON of time to rehab, he comes back gimpy and is riding the pine again. He will only be unending torment for Knicks fans always 'hoping' that he'll come back as strong as he once was. It's not going to happen.
sorry if i was misunderstood...i meant isiah usually doesn't like white foreign players, I'm actualyl fond of drafting guys like Splitter. but you can't not question Isiah's interest on f oreign players. Even though the Knicks have no luck with them (Weis, Vujanic)
Dirtstar

i like how you're thinking. a lot of people are freaking and saying we should get rid of marbury and crawford b/c they're "cancers" or "losers." marbury and crawford are not the problem, the problem is that they've got ZERO help, especially in the frontcourt. here's MY rebuilding plan, which is similar to yours:

- draft a big man this year, hopefully Bogut, Taft or Splitter.

- trade KT for a first round pick, hopefully something in the 15-25 range. if we get a pick in that range, i wouldn't mind taking Hakim Warrick. he's got no game to speak of, but he's an athletic freak that could turn into a top-notch defender with his length, speed and tenacious play. think the next JYD but 10 times more explosive. he'd be a great player to have off the bench. if he's not available, then draft a shooter to replace H2O.

- package our small expiring contracts for a younger big-man. a lot of young bigs (Dalembert, Kwame, Chandler, Swift, Curry) will want contract extensions this summer, and some are likely to ask for more money than what their teams are willing to pay. put together a sign-and-trade deal of Nazr and Baker for either Kwame, Chandler, or Dalembert. Swift is too small at 6'9'' and Curry isn't going anywhere. of course, the other team could just let their players walk away for nothing, but Nazr would provide them with a serviceable and low-risk replacement, and vinny b would be thrown-in for cap room. my #1 choice would be chandler, but I think Kwame is the most likely to get moved.

- let the bigger contracts of TT and Penny expire, or move them for draft picks at next year's trade deadline.
Northpole

The only way to get rid of the undesirable guys on this team is to package them with talent.The best way to get rid of KT or JYD would be in a package with Marbury(likely not but I hope) or Crawford(most likely if it could). Get better players or better picks. Penny and TT could be traded on there own and I'd only do that if it'd involve picks if not then just let them expire. No reason to add more guarenteed money.

SA has two picks this year. The suns pick I believe and their own. Maybe Rose+ a 1st rounder for KT. With that pick they could draft Brandon Rush, a very nice shooting guard. Spurs would if they don't get Malone. Both end the same year so its not like they're stuck with Rose longer or for more money. And with the Knicks 1st rounder draft a center.
Not much but its a start to rebuilding.
Dirtstar

Northpole wrote:The only way to get rid of the undesirable guys on this team is to package them with talent.The best way to get rid of KT or JYD would be in a package with Marbury(likely not but I hope) or Crawford(most likely if it could). Get better players or better picks. Penny and TT could be traded on there own and I'd only do that if it'd involve picks if not then just let them expire. No reason to add more guarenteed money.

SA has two picks this year. The suns pick I believe and their own. Maybe Rose+ a 1st rounder for KT. With that pick they could draft Brandon Rush, a very nice shooting guard. Spurs would if they don't get Malone. Both end the same year so its not like they're stuck with Rose longer or for more money. And with the Knicks 1st rounder draft a center.
Not much but its a start to rebuilding.

San Antonio would definitely be interested in KT, but I'd do it for their #1 pick alone, no need to add malik rose and the 4 years and $30+ million remaining on his contract.

but i would rather trade KT to Indiana for their first rounder. KT would be a huge upgrade for them off the bench, and his game would mesh well with JO's, so they'd probably go for it. also, indiana has a sub .500 record right now. they'll definitely make the playoffs, but their record won't be that great, meaning we'd be getting a pretty good pick in return, probably 18-23 range. we can add a quality shooting guard, hakim warrick, or even Johan Petro the way his stock has been falling.
rm3027

Wow.

Yeah Penny, KT, Houston, JYD are pretty valuable. Theyre just racking up the wins, arent they?
Northpole

Dirtstar wrote:
San Antonio would definitely be interested in KT, but I'd do it for their #1 pick alone, no need to add malik rose and the 4 years and $30+ million remaining on his contract.

but i would rather trade KT to Indiana for their first rounder. KT would be a huge upgrade for them off the bench, and his game would mesh well with JO's, so they'd probably go for it. also, indiana has a sub .500 record right now. they'll definitely make the playoffs, but their record won't be that great, meaning we'd be getting a pretty good pick in return, probably 18-23 range. we can add a quality shooting guard, hakim warrick, or even Johan Petro the way his stock has been falling.
I can definitly see that scenerio. It would definitly be more ideal that the SA trade simply cause the pick will be higher. But I think SA would trade both their picks this year simply because they don't need any. They're deep at PG, SG, SF and with KT they get a backup 4/5 for Rasho when he underacheives. They have no need to work in a rookie intoa rotation. I'd do anyone of the 3 mentioned.

Looking at trade checker, the most likely trade involving Indiana is Pollard. Depends if you'd take Rose or Pollard, similar contracts and length. But for 2 first rounders, I'd rather accept Rose but if not Indiana would be most ideal for NY.
knicksH20

rm3027 wrote: Wow.

Yeah Penny, KT, Houston, JYD are pretty valuable. Theyre just racking up the wins, arent they?
i'm not saying we need ALL of them at the same time. :roll: we need veteran presence - no arguments there.
One Team. One New York.

Jamal Crawford
His Crawfulness!
Dirtstar

Northpole wrote: I can definitly see that scenerio. It would definitly be more ideal that the SA trade simply cause the pick will be higher. But I think SA would trade both their picks this year simply because they don't need any. They're deep at PG, SG, SF and with KT they get a backup 4/5 for Rasho when he underacheives. They have no need to work in a rookie intoa rotation. I'd do anyone of the 3 mentioned.

Looking at trade checker, the most likely trade involving Indiana is Pollard. Depends if you'd take Rose or Pollard, similar contracts and length. But for 2 first rounders, I'd rather accept Rose but if not Indiana would be most ideal for NY.

i'd take pollard over rose, simply b/c we have nothing resembling a back-up center. but i would rather trade for draft-picks alone, without taking back any contracts or scrubs.
knicksfan4life

any chance at trading KT for Kwame and a first, Washington's first will be in the 17-20 "very popular Hakim Warrick range"...if not Washington, New Jersey would be another "Hakim Warrick range" trade partner that could use size..San Antonio, a little low for the ever popular Mr. Warrickm but a 1st is always nice (Josh Howard, last pick in round 1.)

Hakim Warrick would be nice if he was a Knick, but only with a pick 15-25, he'll be like JYD as previously said, he'll have more offense, but he won't be an starter in the NBA unless he goes Joey Graham/Ryan Gomes and transforms into a SF.
Dirtstar

knicksfan4life wrote:any chance at trading KT for Kwame and a first, Washington's first will be in the 17-20 "very popular Hakim Warrick range"...if not Washington, New Jersey would be another "Hakim Warrick range" trade partner that could use size..San Antonio, a little low for the ever popular Mr. Warrickm but a 1st is always nice (Josh Howard, last pick in round 1.)

Hakim Warrick would be nice if he was a Knick, but only with a pick 15-25, he'll be like JYD as previously said, he'll have more offense, but he won't be an starter in the NBA unless he goes Joey Graham/Ryan Gomes and transforms into a SF.

kwame AND a pick? no chance. i would do KT for Kwame with my eyes closed, but i don't think wizards management would bite that bullet.

i'd rather trade KT to a contender like miami, indiana, or SA for their first-rounder (no need to take back contracts) and then package Nazr/Vin or Nazr/Moochie for Kwame. Nazr would give them an able big body to replace kwame, and either vin or moochie would give the wizards a little cap room.
rm3027

knicksH20 wrote: i'm not saying we need ALL of them at the same time. :roll: we need veteran presence - no arguments there.
Actually there are arguments there. :roll: :roll: :roll: You're wrong. We dont need vets. We dont need wins. We need youth. This team sucks.
knicksH20

rm3027 wrote: Actually there are arguments there. :roll: :roll: :roll: You're wrong. We dont need vets. We dont need wins. We need youth. This team sucks.
we need vets. maybe not this season but when we start winning, we will need vets. :roll: every team needs vets, what the hell are you on.
One Team. One New York.

Jamal Crawford
His Crawfulness!
Dirtstar

the only "vets" on this team we should keep are houston and JYD.

penny, TT, KT, moochie and vin baker can take their extensive experience somewhere else.