Stephen Curry

Discuss NCAA and international hoops and scout and evaluate players for the NBA Draft.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

StevoStarks
Likes given: 9

Anyone care to take a walk down memory lane debating Steph Curry in 2009?

Watching him destroy the Magic tonight...I'm at a loss at how he keeps doing this.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
washingtonparkjones
Likes given: 0

Some people really saw the future..... and a few embarrassing predictions.
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 246

Curry was picked before we selected. I don't know why we harp on him besides just acknowledging he's awesome. The real crime was that we hire Dantoni as coach and the player Walsh signs is the most boring post up PF in college while we had no good pgs (in a system predicated on it) and Holiday and Lawson were all available. Even Jennings was available and we take George Hill.
StevoStarks

nazrmohamed wrote:Curry was picked before we selected. I don't know why we harp on him besides just acknowledging he's awesome. The real crime was that we hire Dantoni as coach and the player Walsh signs is the most boring post up PF in college while we had no good pgs (in a system predicated on it) and Holiday and Lawson were all available. Even Jennings was available and we take George Hill.
I wish we took George Hill! We got motherfucking Jordan Hill, who is actually playing alright for Indiana.

We all knew we should have jumped on one of those remaining PGs, the list goes on and on, but to think how close we were to the best player in the NBA. Swooped out right before us.

But my main goal of digging these up is to see what everyone was thinking. I know I for one did not expect him to be this good. It's pretty amazing.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
Don Che

I just re read this..hilarious ..no regrets on my projection.

This draft is eerily similar to this years.

Monk is the Curry of this draft..just not sure if it will end the same. you can argue Monk was better at 19
cragganmor
Likes given: 93

monk is explosive, vertically. even in ncaa, curry already had a gift for shiftiness. both excel at hitting challenged long range shots. only time will tell.

jrue slid down the board that night, was screaming at the tv hoping that we had purchased/traded for a late 1st rounder...
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1121

cragganmor wrote:monk is explosive, vertically. even in ncaa, curry already had a gift for shiftiness. both excel at hitting challenged long range shots. only time will tell.

jrue slid down the board that night, was screaming at the tv hoping that we had purchased/traded for a late 1st rounder...
Donnie Walsh is still an idiot for that 2009 draft.......he literally left EVERY TOP STARTING POINT GUARD slip through our hands, and he settled for "scrub-lord" Toney Douglas instead.
noypi
Likes given: 24

Don Che wrote:I just re read this..hilarious ..no regrets on my projection.

This draft is eerily similar to this years.

Monk is the Curry of this draft..just not sure if it will end the same. you can argue Monk was better at 19
cragganmor wrote:monk is explosive, vertically. even in ncaa, curry already had a gift for shiftiness. both excel at hitting challenged long range shots. only time will tell.

I like Monk too and I have a feeling we're gonna pick him if he's available. Guys like Fox, Ntilikina and even Markanen have been linked to the Knicks as their pick but I haven't heard of anything about Monk scouted by the Knicks. To be fair to Phil, he has done a good job at drafting and using smokescreens on who are the Knicks gonna pick. Everybody said we gonna pick Mudiay, Winslow or Okafor but we did not hear anything about KP. Everybody saying we getting Thibodeau or Vogel but Hornacek came out of nowhere to get the hc job. Monk is our sleeper pick.
“I’m still chasing a championship, I’m just chasing it here in New York,’’ Anthony said. “I’ve come to peace with that. I’m doing it in my own way on my own time.”

http://nypost.com/2015/10/27/greatest-c ... -with-nyc/
Don Che

very valid point...theknicksblog mentioned Monk but otherwise havent heard anything.

I've actually been more worried about Lauri because the less i hear him regarding us the more i think Phil is stupid enough to take him
cragganmor
Likes given: 93

but drafting lauri wouldn't make any sense; we already have a 7' shooter, no need for another. we need complimentary players.
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1121

cragganmor wrote:but drafting lauri wouldn't make any sense; we already have a 7' shooter, no need for another. we need complimentary players.
Cragg, this is Phil we're talking about.

This is Phil we're talking about