Jordan Williams

Discuss NCAA and international hoops and scout and evaluate players for the NBA Draft.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

Dirtstar
Likes given: 0

regardless of what we end up doing at #17, i'd love for the Knicks to buy a second rounder to grab Jordan Williams.

the guy is a bull in the paint and a tenacious rebounder. probably not starter material, but an active big body who can be very effective off the bench, a la Dejuan Blair, Glen Davis, etc.

he also heard the message loud and clear about his conditioning issues, and has spent the offseason getting in better shape. check out this pic from a month ago:

compared to his college days, he has completely transformed his body.
PistolPete
Likes given: 5

Damn. Kid lost a lot of weight.
Damn it feels good to be a tankster.
cragganmor
Likes given: 93

He's got some real talent, but where do you play him next to Amare and Melo? While he's lost weight so that he's got more lift and faster in a halfcourt set, he's still not fleet enough to play a running game, still has conditioning issues. I do like that he's a very good rebounder and has good post skills and an improving perimeter shot, plus he's only 20.

JMO, but he's too much a PF, we need a C or PF/C. I like Vernon Goodridge or Sean Williams better, they are taller, with more length and explosive athleticism, both very defensive-minded and both are readily available as FAs.
Dirtstar

cragganmor wrote:He's got some real talent, but where do you play him next to Amare and Melo? While he's lost weight so that he's got more lift and faster in a halfcourt set, he's still not fleet enough to play a running game, still has conditioning issues. I do like that he's a very good rebounder and has good post skills and an improving perimeter shot, plus he's only 20.

JMO, but he's too much a PF, we need a C or PF/C. I like Vernon Goodridge or Sean Williams better, they are taller, with more length and explosive athleticism, both very defensive-minded and both are readily available as FAs.
i agree with all of that, but i also like what Jordan does a lot.

he's brings size, rebounding, and the ability to get easy buckets -- all 3 things were sorely missed last year.

how he fits next to Stat and Melo is not a huge concern for me, because i view him strictly as a bench player, a change-of-pace guy for the frontcourt.
washingtonparkjones

I'm with you Dirt. I think Williams will turn out to be the sleeper pick of this draft.

I don't see the fit issue Cragg, and don't know how you in particular can raise that as an issue while pimping Singlton. Williams is certainly better suited to playing C than Singleton. A defensive minded rebounder with a low post game is exactly what we need to go with Stat and Melo.
cragganmor

washingtonparkjones wrote:I'm with you Dirt. I think Williams will turn out to be the sleeper pick of this draft.

I don't see the fit issue Cragg, and don't know how you in particular can raise that as an issue while pimping Singlton. Williams is certainly better suited to playing C than Singleton. A defensive minded rebounder with a low post game is exactly what we need to go with Stat and Melo.
Singleton is an outstanding help defender, JW is not, just does not have the footspeed to help and recover back to his own man quickly. In terms of defense and rebounding, is there any real difference between him and Shelden Williams?
Dirtstar

Fking Nets grabbed him.

I now hope he fails miserably and eats himself out of the league in 2 years :D
cragganmor

Dirtstar wrote:Fking Nets grabbed him.

I now hope he fails miserably and eats himself out of the league in 2 years :D
like this?

amazing how much mileage we get out of this pic... :D
Dirtstar

^^ JUST like that :D

that pic is so great, i now can't think of Eddy Curry without that image popping up in my head, lol :D