Kristaps Porzingis thread

Discuss NCAA and international hoops and scout and evaluate players for the NBA Draft.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

KnicksFanInSouthFL
Likes given: 0

Don Che wrote:Curry and Westbrook and plenty others had stocks that rose right before the draft....so to some of these players it isn't hype. Just is
Neither of those guys stock jumped before the draft. What are you talkin' about?

Curry established himself as a lottery pick as early as his Sophmore season following his '08 NCAA Tournament run... And the only reason why Westbrook wasn't considered a high lottery pick right away was because nobody thought he'd declare for the draft. He started the season as Darren Collison's backup. But the Westbrook we see today was on display way back then, which is how he secured himself a lottery spot. Both of these dudes were considered high lottery talents months before draft night.

Whereas Porzingis was just a name to most NBA fans until a couple of months ago, before all the Hype started... It's the Euro's who ALWAYS seem to jump up the mock draft boards a few weeks prior to being drafted.
Is Melo-God Zen-o-phobic?
Don Che
Likes given: 9

Porzingas has been a lottery player since last year

Westbrook wasnt a top 5 pick in mocks till the last month of the draft.

Curry wasnt seen as a lock top 10 till we stated how much we loved him.

None of those guys a year prior to being drafted was seen as lottery players.

Especially Westbrook..his workouts/interviews got him to the 4th.
PistolPete
Likes given: 5

No more Euro's.
Damn it feels good to be a tankster.
KnicksFanInSouthFL
Likes given: 0

^^^
I wouldn't say all that, I just wouldn't wanna bet our 4th pick on either Porzingis or Hezonja. :?

Don Che, check this out. Here's some lottery information for ya courtesy of DraftExpress (NYKFP's favourite source).

Curry & Westbrook...

Is Melo-God Zen-o-phobic?
Don Che
Likes given: 9

I dont even need to read it.

I remember the climate well.

The year before they were selected.....no one had them top 7...maybe Curry but not really....homie Curry was compared to Sharif abdul rahuouf or w/e that guys name was lmao
spree#8
Likes given: 542

Putting it hear quietly: join the bandwagon when you are ready fellow NYKFP members.
#knickstape