VIDEO: 7-foot-6 15-year-old Robert Bobroczky is tearing up European basketball

Discuss NCAA and international hoops and scout and evaluate players for the NBA Draft.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

shakespeare
Likes given: 0

He may never play a second of high school or collegiate basketball in the United States, but everyone should already starting getting used to the name Robert Bobroczky.

Bobroczky (sadly, no nickname as of yet) is a 15-year-old who currently competes for the U-16 squad at Stella Azzurra, a basketball academy in Rome, Italy. He is 7-foot-6. Let’s face it, that’s what you really need to know. At 7-foot-5, he’s big enough to dominate everyone he plays with and against.

Perhaps most impressive is Bobroczky already nuanced mid-range game. He has a dependable turnaround jumper from the elbow (which is above may defenders’ head) and equally impressive court vision for his teammates as they cut into the post.

Those skills should ensure that Bobroczky remains a versatile talent right up until he becomes NBA Draft eligible. If the early returns on Kristaps Porzingis are any indication, Bobroczky could very well be the next big thing as soon as he’s on these shores.

Click link to watch video: http://usatodayhss.com/2015/video-7-foo ... basketball
What in the world?
#TeamTank
spree#8
Likes given: 540

I would expect 70 DNPs per season because of injuries once he has grown to 8-foot. 7-foot-6 with 15? Are you kidding me? That picture...
#knickstape
shakespeare

He runs really awkward, as well. Not sure what to make of Rob Bob.
#TeamTank
n8 the gr8
Likes given: 158

spree#8 wrote:I would expect 70 DNPs per season because of injuries once he has grown to 8-foot. 7-foot-6 with 15? Are you kidding me? That picture...
There are plenty of kids who stop growing at 15, but yeah he looks frail and immobile at that height. With the way club sports work in Europe though I'm sure he'll be on an optimal diet and training regime right away.

I was thinking about doing a little statistics project if I have some free time this winter. My idea is to see if you can correlate how many standard deviations away from the average height of an ethnic background a player is to how many games they miss as an NBA player. Super small sample size, but Yao Ming is a case study, where Han's are really short so at the same height he might be multiple SDs farther away from the Han average than Manute Bol is away from the average for Sudanese (like 5'6 vs 6'3 averages, FYI Maker and Deng are both Sudanese I believe) and Yao wasn't as healthy as Bol. There are some tall slavic countries.
"dam,we got a crier"
~tao

"Throw Payton out and get it over with. I'm getting hungry."
~Clyde
washingtonparkjones

The way he runs and moves you can tell he's Greg Oden at best
shakespeare

Funny how time flies.

After reading the article, which touches upon but medical ailments, I really, really, really hope he lets go of whatever dream of playing in the league.
#TeamTank
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 246

shakespeare wrote:He runs really awkward, as well. Not sure what to make of Rob Bob.
First thing I noticed. It immediately reduced him to a gimmick in my mind. I can't even see him play at the D1 level, even with the height
shakespeare

Agreed.

A gimmick, at best.
#TeamTank
shakespeare

Shocked he’s still playing basketball:

He and LaMelo Ball and a couple of 5-star recruits all on the same team.
#TeamTank