Can we have a serious discussion about Kevin Love?

Discuss matters related to other teams, players, and/or the league in general.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

If you were Timberwolves, what offer would you accept?

Warriors
27%
Cavs
64%
Bulls
9%

Total votes: 11
spree#8
Likes given: 540

Guys, what are you talking about? Every GM would take Andrew Wiggins above anyone else you mentioned.
#knickstape
Don Che
Likes given: 9

Disagree Klay is top 10 at his position and butler/taj aren't big names but they help you win games with defense and grit. Wiggins is a great talent for sure but none of the guys we mentioned are 30 or anything. Rubio is in his prime with lavin as is....we talk talent but u need guys who know how to win and jimmy/taj provide that.

Obv if Wiggins becomes a HOFer then I'm wrong but right now for an organization that haven't made the playoffs in how long...is take the guys that help me win now at 25 years old
spree#8

Don Che wrote:Disagree Klay is top 10 at his position and butler/taj aren't big names but they help you win games with defense and grit. Wiggins is a great talent for sure but none of the guys we mentioned are 30 or anything. Rubio is in his prime with lavin as is....we talk talent but u need guys who know how to win and jimmy/taj provide that.

Obv if Wiggins becomes a HOFer then I'm wrong but right now for an organization that haven't made the playoffs in how long...is take the guys that help me win now at 25 years old
You disagree, but I'm pretty sure that every GM in the league agrees with me. :P The number one pick on a rookie scale contract for the next four years of the most heralded draft in years is that easy a choice to build your next team around.
#knickstape
shakespeare
Likes given: 0

Kevin Love might be overrated.

Has the jury returned with a verdict, yet?
#TeamTank
StevoStarks

Great players on bad teams are often brought down to earth when they move to a playoff ready assembled roster.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
Don Che

Lol well I'm still standing by Jimmy Butler and taj being a good package for love and every gm would do it now.
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 246

Don Che wrote:Lol well I'm still standing by Jimmy Butler and taj being a good package for love and every gm would do it now.
I wouldn't do it. Id do it with our players but I don't think Chicago would do it. Love would end up being Carlos Boozer there. And I don't bash his skills but Chicago wants to be the best defense every year and love doesn't do that.
spree#8

Andrew Wiggins is already playing at 19 at the level Butler was playing with 24 last season. Wiggins is at least three more years on a cap friendly rookie contract and usually scouts aren't that wrong about a number one pick in one of the most heralded drafts in years. So it's nice how Butler is playing this year - to say the least - but Wiggins is still a much better choice to build around for a team like the Timberwolves. I can't see any GM rather building a team around Butler and Gibson making 25 mill per year.

Having said that, of course your package looks now way better because of the development jump from Butler. A player you would want to add to a contender.
#knickstape
shakespeare

Spree,

Minny wouldn't be building around Butler and Gibson, though. They'd be adding Jimmy and Taj to Rubio, Pevovic and Martin and whomever else. That's a solid core. I understand the "give Minny the benefit of the doubt," but they don't want it. They didn't build around Kevin Love nor Kevin Garnett and they're not gonna build around Andrew Wiggins. He'll be long gone by the time he starts making All-Star teams. I do agree about the cap friendly contract of Wiggins. That's probably what this trade was about (and the selling of potential), more than anything else. It certainly wasn't about winning basketball games.

Lastly, aren't the Knicks paying $25 million to build around Carmelo? If Minny is right, then doesn't that make New York wrong?
#TeamTank
H20Knick
Likes given: 3

Shakes, Butler would have just signed the QO this offseason and left the next... Then what.

Wiggins isnt going to be long gone by the time he's better than jimmy butler. They've got him for a MINIMUM of the next 4 years.
In Thibs we trust.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
rebound
Likes given: 1104

Wiggins is a fantastic player.
ROY this season and probablya 20ppg scorer by next season.
TOM THIBODEAU'S NEW YORK KNICKS PRESENT:
HEROBALL. A STORY OF THE MID RANGE FADEAWAY JUMPER.
STARRING JALEN BUMSON AND DUBIOUS HANDLES.
shakespeare

Cavs coach David Blatt: Kevin Love is 'not a max player yet'

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-bas ... player-yet
What in the world was Cavs coach thinking? He gotta go.

Make it happen LeBron.
#TeamTank
StevoStarks

That's how you light a fire under your players. Insult them!
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
Koopa Troopa

Kevin Love is a fraud. Kyrie Irving too.

These two are supposed "all star talents" yet cant win a game without LeBron James.
taowave
Likes given: 817

Hard to argue that one
Koopa Troopa wrote:Kevin Love is a fraud. Kyrie Irving too.

These two are supposed "all star talents" yet cant win a game without LeBron James.
thewatcher
Likes given: 2626

Koopa Troopa wrote:Kevin Love is a fraud. Kyrie Irving too.

the truth! Love sat out 4th quarter again. Blatt sucking up to LeBron (who pushed him away from referee last night to "protect" him) :LOL: . LeBron running the show and his teammates don't seem very happy about it LOL. They're all in on JR

What a train wreck
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
H20Knick

kyrie isn't a fraud... he's just young and has never played with any other big time players

geeez i never thought i'd have to be the one to defend a dookie
In Thibs we trust.

Koopa Troopa

H20Knick wrote:kyrie isn't a fraud... he's just young and has never played with any other big time players

geeez i never thought i'd have to be the one to defend a dookie
The guy is used to losing. Hes been on the Cavs his whole career. Same thing with Kevin Love. These guys are so used to losing they dont know what its like to win games anymore. Were talking about guys who disappear when the pressure is on. Kevin Love is starting to remind me of Keith Van Horn.

Kyrie isnt a fraud? But hes getting 8 turnovers in a game on a regular basis. :? Its not like hes playing on the Knicks where Melo hands guys the ball and they lose it out of bounds for a turnover on Melo. Hes playing with LeBron James. :arrow: Dwayne Wade's corpse is better.

And "hes young" is BS IMO. Kyrie is 22. Meanwhile, look at the Bucks. Antetokounmpo just turned 20, hes playing great team basketball and his team is winning. You're gonna tell me that Kyrie isnt a fraud when the Bucks have a better record than the Cavs? Kyrie Irving is supposed to be better than any player on the Bucks. K Love is supposed to be better than every player on the Bucks. Yet they cannot achieve a winning record, even with LeBron James. To me that says OVERRATED.
H20Knick

You know what I wanna know...

How come nobody blasts cleveland with the whole "THEY COULDVE JUST GOTTEN HIM IN THE OFFSEASON" bullshit?
In Thibs we trust.

Mr3037

I dunno about Kyrie being a fraud or not but what's for damn sure is that Love does NOT fit with this Cavs team....
They have him posted at the 3pt line ffs?

With guys like LBJ, Irving & JR Smith when is Love supposed to touch the ball?
These guys all want the ball in their hands and when they are not shooting they wanna drive the lane where Love wants to post.

I just don't see it working & Love should look elsewhere
NYK Fan since 92
NYKFP Fan since 04

28 years & counting...Bleeding Orange & Blue