Where did all these young, promising centers come from all of a sudden?

Discuss matters related to other teams, players, and/or the league in general.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

StevoStarks
Likes given: 9

What a punk move. Although, can't say I didn't see something like that a couple of times in the 90's from our beloved Knick teams. Who knows what Olynyk did on the other end...
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
shakespeare
Likes given: 0

StevoStarks wrote:Although, can't say I didn't see something like that a couple of times in the 90's from our beloved Knick teams.
Now that you mention Kurt Thomas did the same to Jalen Rose. Hilarious.
#TeamTank
StevoStarks
Likes given: 9

shakespeare wrote:Now that you mention Kurt Thomas did the same to Jalen Rose. Hilarious.
Makin' me shed a tear Shakes. God I MISS those days. When every game mattered, and the rivalries were HOT. Love the way Ewing is staring him down and Krazy Kurt just doesn't give a f*ck on XMas day. Going straight after Rose who was probably chirpin' the entire way down the court.

The glory days.....
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
n8 the gr8
Likes given: 158

Didn't Rose and Kurt overlap on the Knicks to? Or was the Q trade the offseason before Rose got here? Knicks should bring Kurt back in some fashion, even if it's just as a bouncer. He'd be like the secret weapon when a brawl breaks out on the court. Just get a couple punches in and not give a fuck about getting suspended.
"dam,we got a crier"
~tao

"Throw Payton out and get it over with. I'm getting hungry."
~Clyde
taowave
Likes given: 817

Enes Kanter is really beasting..if and when Durant gets back, that is a potential 8th seed 6hat the number 1 does not want to face
shakespeare

Tao, I agree. Although Westbrook has drawn the attention to him, OKC has to like what they see from Kanter. That said, it also says much about Rudy Gobert when Utah parted ways with Kanter in favor of Gobert.

There's a major reason why the Utah Jazz have the best record in the Western Conference since the All-Star break (10-2) and his name is Rudy Gobert. http://www.nba.com/2015/news/03/16/fant ... bahpsplit2
#TeamTank
BXGuy
Likes given: 8

Theres more coming on their way.

Drummond
Nurkic
Grobert
Embiid
Noel PF/C
Towns
Okafor
WCS
The artist formally known as prguy.
shakespeare

taowave wrote:Enes Kanter is really beasting...
#TeamTank
shakespeare

Bob Cousy says Hassan Whiteside reminds him of Bill Russell.

Bill Russell remains the gold standard of defensive big men more than 40 years after he retired. He anchored the Celtics defense and won 11 rings and 6 MVP awards doing it, a guy who patrolled and controlled the paint.

Today’s NBA is a very different place. But former Russell teammate and NBA Hall of Famer Bob Cousy thinks he may have found the second coming of Russell:

“I have never said this in the 40 years since I retired,” Cousy said in a recent telephone interview, “but he is the first big guy, not (Patrick) Ewing, (Hakeem) Olajuwon, Shaq (O’Neal), who reminds me defensively and on the boards of Russell. He runs the floor well, he has excellent timing, he blocks shots and keeps them in play the way Russell did.”

“That’s a great honor,” Whiteside said before the Celtics hosted Miami Wednesday. “Everybody knows that Bill Russell is probably one of the best shot blockers that ever lived. That’s really a big honor that he thinks of me that way.”

That is crazy high praise. It strikes me as too generous, but I’m not Bob Cousy, Hall of Fame point guard and teammate of Russell. He knows what he sees.

Whiteside’s defense has been a perfect fit for what Miami needed. Chris Bosh is a better defender than most casual fans give him credit for, but his strength is on the pick-and-roll out on the perimeter. He is not a traditional rim-protecting shot blocker.

Whiteside filled that role (and it worked pretty well until Bosh went down for the season with blood clots in his lungs).

The question about Whiteside around the NBA was never his raw talent, but rather could he keep focused and his head in the game. There have been ugly lapses. But the Heat are going to bet this summer that their strong, veteran locker room — and the fact that if he blows this chance he may not get another — will keep Whiteside in line. Miami will try to retain the free agent (although he will get other calls as well). Whiteside is going to get paid.

That happens when you’re compared to Bill Russell.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/ ... l-russell/
But why did he have to get injured during the Fantasy League playoffs though?
#TeamTank
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1122

Hold up Cousy, can we at least let Whiteside get his 99 2K Rating first before we start proclaiming that he is Bill Russell?
big_j_NY

[youtube]hESD2Wy4fD8[/youtube]

Hassan Whiteside: 22 points, 14 rebounds and 10 blocks

OH MY FUCKING GAWD
shakespeare

Whiteside's block on Garnett almost brought a tear to my eyes. He damn near tore KG's body in half. And the two-handed block on Rubio (left Rubio glued to the backboard for a split second) was just nasty.
#TeamTank
big_j_NY

shakespeare wrote:Whiteside's block on Garnett almost brought a tear to my eyes. He damn near tore KG's body in half. And the two-handed block on Rubio (left Rubio glued to the backboard for a split second) was just nasty.
The Zingawd vs. Da Gawd Whiteside tomorrow will be interesting to say the least
shakespeare

Didn’t the fake Basketball Gods reward us with Mitchell Robinson?
#TeamTank
shakespeare

Don Che wrote:There will always be talent that slips...guys that were projected high as juniors but slip going into college are still as talented just need more time to mentally get what it takes. Very common in bigs
Wow.
#TeamTank
shakespeare

Enes Kanter was mentioned in this thread a lot.
#TeamTank