Blazers are taking offers for Lillard?

Discuss matters related to other teams, players, and/or the league in general.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

Boston_PuppyDawg
Likes given: 0

BREAKING: The Blazers are officially taking in trade offers for Damian Lillard
(via @AmicoHoops)
Calderon: "It’s no fun when you try to win for the Knicks and people want you out of the Knicks.” (2/18/16)
H20Knick
Likes given: 3

whoaaaaaa.

I wonder what they want for him...
In Thibs we trust.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1122

H20Knick wrote:whoaaaaaa.

They want to #EmbraceTheTank is what I'm assuming, so expect the usual protocol of draft picks, expirings and/or young players on rookie-scale contracts
StevoStarks
Likes given: 9

H20Knick wrote:whoaaaaaa.

Cousins....
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
H20Knick

anybody besides me interested?

i dont want to come out and say what i'd offer, because I don't want to sound thirsty...

... but Damian/Melo/KP would be sweet

.. actually, it sounds a lot like Rose/Melo/KP.

fml
In Thibs we trust.

spree#8
Likes given: 540

I don't believe it. Why? Does he have an injury we don't know about?
#knickstape
big_j_NY

spree#8 wrote:I don't believe it. Why? Does he have an injury we don't know about?
Spree, we all would like the know the answer to this question as well.........what gives Portland?
cragganmor
Likes given: 93

it seems suspicious that they would want to trade away their best player in the prime of his career. however, dame has always been a volume scorer, needs 20 fga/gm. they might believe that it would be better if cj moved to pg. plus they would be able to start evan turner at sg and with nurkic in the pivot, they could be rebuilding on the fly to a more traditional inside-out game; cj is excellent beyond the stripe. at 23-33 they are nearly hopeless in the wc.
spree#8
Likes given: 540

cragganmor wrote:it seems suspicious that they would want to trade away their best player in the prime of his career. however, dame has always been a volume scorer, needs 20 fga/gm. they might believe that it would be better if cj moved to pg. plus they would be able to start evan turner at sg and with nurkic in the pivot, they could be rebuilding on the fly to a more traditional inside-out game; cj is excellent beyond the stripe. at 23-33 they are nearly hopeless in the wc.
Huh? They are sitting 2 games behind the no. 8 seed - if they want to make the playoffs this year.
#knickstape
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 246

Now THIS is a guy you trade your number one pick for.
nazrmohamed

H20Knick wrote:anybody besides me interested?

i dont want to come out and say what i'd offer, because I don't want to sound thirsty...

... but Damian/Melo/KP would be sweet

.. actually, it sounds a lot like Rose/Melo/KP.

fml
Don't even play. Lillard is way better than Rose. Cmon, dude can get to the rim just as easy, converts on those attempts and can also hit the three. Better facilitator too. He's a legit alpha.

Melo would be his sidekick. Isn't that what everyone wants deep down? We want to get rid of Melo to move in a different direction. Maybe the direction or next phase could be to usurp his status and maybe it's still premature to expect KP to do it just yet. Idk, I say give it a try. Most likely we'll be out bid and if so we move on as planned but there's good reason to prepare ourselves for the idea that Phil is a win now GM and wants win now moves.

This would be the best win now move I could imagine. And at his age its a future move at the same time.
big_j_NY

If Damian doesn't get traded by the trade deadline, this is something I'd keep note of for the off-season/draft.

If the Blazers still have Lillard on the trading block by the time of the NBA draft, that's when we should be aggressively making the move. It'd be too messy for this point of the season
nazrmohamed

nazrmohamed wrote:Now THIS is a guy you trade your number one pick for.
The following works

Rose/ Noah and our 2017 1st round pick along with our 2017 second rounder

For

Liliard and Turner

The knicks get thier proven bona-fide "that dude" and Turner as a throw in.

Essentially Portland gets two extra picks and eat Noah's contract.
Last edited by nazrmohamed on February 23rd, 2017, 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
gradyandrew

It's a tough move because wherever he went he would make that team better and make this year's draft pick higher. I'd love to see it but I still don't think the Knicks can win as long as Noah is on the roster.
Randle in the Rafters
gradyandrew

Work for us nazr, but I don't see blazers basically trading him for Noah and a mid first round pick.
Randle in the Rafters
nazrmohamed

gradyandrew wrote:Work for us nazr, but I don't see blazers basically trading him for Noah and a mid first round pick.
How bout Rose/ Oquinn plus our first and two second rounders for Lillard.
H20Knick

nazrmohamed wrote: How bout Rose/ Oquinn plus our first and two second rounders for Lillard.
i'm not all the way against this. But I do think we really need a lotto pick this year. Lillard is only 26, but as we saw with melo, 26 goes by fast. Not sure if we can put a good enough team around Lillard/KP without bringing in some young talent asap.
In Thibs we trust.

cragganmor
Likes given: 93

spree#8 wrote:
Huh? They are sitting 2 games behind the no. 8 seed - if they want to make the playoffs this year.
their reward would be a match up with gsw or sas; they'd be stomped. por just isn't constructed to contend, so giving up a young star in his prime just might be tempting for the lottery winner. my guess is that this is an exercise in setting his value ahead of draft night.
big_j_NY

cragganmor wrote: their reward would be a match up with gsw or sas; they'd be stomped. por just isn't constructed to contend, so giving up a young star in his prime just might be tempting for the lottery winner. my guess is that this is an exercise in setting his value ahead of draft night.
A lot of this week's blockbuster trade rumors seem to be pointing towards that.......considering how the trade deadline ended up with most or none of these blockbuster trade rumors ever happening.

George is still in Indy, Dame is still in Portland, our Knicks still have all of our expensive-ass players, etc.