Paul George tells Pacers he is leaving in free agency!

Discuss matters related to other teams, players, and/or the league in general.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

ISIAH_THOMAS
Likes given: 52

they are not getting anything for him. This is like melo and denver and we caved and gave up the farm. Lakers will just wait no other team will risk it.
Fxck Adam Silver
H20Knick
Likes given: 3

Actually its different, because Melo wouldve extended with the Nets and the Nets made a very nice offer

Either way, its good for the league that PG is being up front about this instead of letting teams do dumb shit trying to get him. This should also make the Lakers a lot more comfortable in drafting Lonzo and a lot more comfortable in making Russell and/or Clarkson available.
In Thibs we trust.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
taowave
Likes given: 835

H20,Paul George just CRUSHED the team he plays for and is under contract with.

PG's loyalty should be to his team and fans,not to the Lakers...

Why he didnt go privately to the Pacers management and tell them in strict confidence is beyond me.

They probably could have swung some sort of trade and gotten back 60 cents on the dollar with the Lakers.

Paul George is right up there with Phil Jackson when it comes to devaluing a players worth..

H20Knick wrote:Actually its different, because Melo wouldve extended with the Nets and the Nets made a very nice offer

Either way, its good for the league that PG is being up front about this instead of letting teams do dumb shit trying to get him. This should also make the Lakers a lot more comfortable in drafting Lonzo and a lot more comfortable in making Russell and/or Clarkson available.
H20Knick

because Paul George doesnt care if the pacers are good... he cares that the Lakers are good. So he wants the Pacers to get 0 on the dollar from the Lakers

PG doesn't owe the Pacers anything. They fucking suck.

The fact that what he just did is comparable to Phil is really awful considering that Phil's actual job is to make the knicks roster better. PG's job is to go play basketball well

How different would the Knicks have turned out if Lebron had said in 2009 "I'm not going to the knicks next summer"
In Thibs we trust.

taowave

Sad state of affairs..

I just don't get being under contract for another year and going public with your intended jump to another squad...You may as well move him now and hope for the likes of Clarkson or Russel....

Seems like it should be a closed door discussion....

H20Knick wrote:because Paul George doesnt care if the pacers are good... he cares that the Lakers are good. So he wants the Pacers to get 0 on the dollar from the Lakers

PG doesn't owe the Pacers anything. They fucking suck.

The fact that what he just did is comparable to Phil is really awful considering that Phil's actual job is to make the knicks roster better. PG's job is to go play basketball well

How different would the Knicks have turned out if Lebron had said in 2009 "I'm not going to the knicks next summer"
H20Knick

taowave wrote:Sad state of affairs..

I just don't get being under contract for another year and going public with your intended jump to another squad...You may as well move him now and hope for the likes of Clarkson or Russel....

Seems like it should be a closed door discussion....
It was a closed door discussion though. It leaked via "league sources"

It's not like he tweeted it or held a press conference about it
George hasn’t requested a trade before he can opt out of his 2018-19 contract, but did have his agent, Aaron Mintz, tell new Indiana president of basketball operations Kevin Pritchard that he wanted to be forthright on his plans and spare the franchise any confusion about his intentions, league sources told The Vertical.
https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-paul-g ... 20531.html
In Thibs we trust.

taowave

Those league sources are everywhere..
spree#8
Likes given: 542

taowave wrote:Those league sources are everywhere..
Kevin Pritchard had to start trade discussions with other teams once he heard privately of the news. League sources probably means from other teams in this case to get his trade value way down. It is sad though that a player basically says "no matter what we do this year, I'm out of here". But lots of players (including our Melo) come to this conclusion at some point in their career and I can't fault George for telling them that. I do fault him though if it is true that he already told the Lakers to keep the necessary cap room open for next year as was reported earlier. http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/05/18/rum ... gn-anyway/
#knickstape
ISIAH_THOMAS
Likes given: 52

Sabonis and Oladipo look great on the pacers :hmm:
Fxck Adam Silver
taowave

I was just about to say the same thing.Hard to believe it,but the Pacers may have gotten equal value or more..Ssbonis is averaging a double double and V.O is averaging 25 per..