2017 NBA trade rumors (3 team deal Cavs, Kings, and Utah)

Discuss matters related to other teams, players, and/or the league in general.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

Boston_PuppyDawg
Likes given: 0

Memphis has acquired the 35th overall pick from Orlando, league source tells @TheVertical.
Calderon: "It’s no fun when you try to win for the Knicks and people want you out of the Knicks.” (2/18/16)
gradyandrew

San Antonio is pulling a Phil Jackson here with LMA. Let's see, this guy didn't step up in the playoffs, he's got a bad attitude, and his game is unplayable vs. the warriors. Who wants to give us a draft pick?
Randle in the Rafters
gradyandrew

I'm sure every GM around the league is thinking this is finally their chance to get the better end of a trade with San Antonio.

Kind of funny that after the finals every team started to think about what is the quickest way to get rid of their traditional big man.
Randle in the Rafters
Boston_PuppyDawg

After Chris Paul agreed to opt-in on contract, Clippers are trading All-Star guard to the Houston Rockets, league sources tell @TheVertical
Calderon: "It’s no fun when you try to win for the Knicks and people want you out of the Knicks.” (2/18/16)
Boston_PuppyDawg

Sources: After Paul informed Clippers he'd sign w/ HOU in FA, teams agreed to deal sending Beverley, Decker, Williams and 2018 FRP for Paul. https://t.co/9Lk9FPEPbu
thewatcher
Likes given: 2682

I love seeing Steve Ballmer's team disintegrate. I guess Harden will pass over the PG duties, this is smart, he ran out of steam.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
Boston_PuppyDawg

The Mavs traded guard DeAndre Liggins to the Rockets in exchange for cash considerations.
shakespeare

Paul to the Rockets?

Wow.
#TeamTank
Boston_PuppyDawg

Portland has traded Tim Quarterman to the Houston Rockets for cash, league source tells @TheVertical.
spree#8
Likes given: 547

Boston_PuppyDawg wrote:Sources: After Paul informed Clippers he'd sign w/ HOU in FA, teams agreed to deal sending Beverley, Decker, Williams and 2018 FRP for Paul. https://t.co/9Lk9FPEPbu
I wonder how you can inform your team that you sign with another team in free agency, when you aren't allowed to talk to that team before July 1st. :hmm: Ah, sometimes I'm too naive. :LOL: Would be funny though if the commissioner would step in and void this trade because of "tampering". Chris Paul never getting traded where he wants to. Lol.
#knickstape
spree#8

shakespeare wrote:Paul to the Rockets?

Wow.
Does this mean we should've kept D'Antoni? I'm confused these days. :?
#knickstape
dcapodic

Things seem to be working out pretty well for "D'umbtoni" as people like to call him....55 wins, coach of the year and now getting one of the better available players.

I think that the reports of his demise were a bit premature.
- Me being the resident optimist around this cesspool of doom and gloom, StevoStarks, circa 2019
dcapodic

shakespeare wrote:Paul to the Rockets?

Wow.

Does this mean we should've kept D'Antoni? I'm confused these days. :?
No way, per most he is a cancer. Terrible coach that back stabs his players. No one wants to play for him or his basketball style.

Turns the Rockets from 41 wins to 55....earns his second Coach of the Year award....gets one of the best available players on the market who really wasn't available but forced his was onto MD's team.

Yea, a player backstabber and a cancer!! Who would want to play for him?!?
- Me being the resident optimist around this cesspool of doom and gloom, StevoStarks, circa 2019
shakespeare

spree#8 wrote:
Does this mean we should've kept D'Antoni?
Nah. D'Antoni didn't have a James Harden in New York.

I'm only surprised he chose Houston over San Antonio. At the same time, I wonder why he passed on resigning with Clippers? Maybe they asked him to take a pay cut in order to resign/give more money to Blake Griffin and Paul balked?
#TeamTank
spree#8

shakespeare wrote:
Nah. D'Antoni didn't have a James Harden in New York.

I'm only surprised he chose Houston over San Antonio. At the same time, I wonder why he passed on resigning with Clippers? Maybe they asked him to take a pay cut in order to resign/give more money to Blake Griffin and Paul balked?
I actually expected Paul to leave, because the Clippers project was going nowhere and he has to win now if he wants to win before retiring. Griffin and Jordan as top teammates are not enough. Expected SA though. Could even have seen Paul and Melo in SA with Leonard (with Aldridge being traded to make room).
#knickstape
Koopa Troopa

dcapodic wrote:Things seem to be working out pretty well for "D'umbtoni" as people like to call him....55 wins, coach of the year and now getting one of the better available players.

I think that the reports of his demise were a bit premature.

Or maybe D'antoni learned from his mistakes and grew as a coach and a person. Why is that not talked about? Its been many years now since he coached in NY

The human element just isnt discussed in bball anymore... its all numbers. :missing:

Him benching Marbury for Chris Duhon......no matter what you thought of Marbury...was one of the dumbest moves of all time for a coach. Especially for Mike D who likes to run and gun. Made no sense and was entirely personal.
Last edited by Koopa Troopa on June 28th, 2017, 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
H20Knick
Likes given: 3

dcapodic wrote:
No way, per most he is a cancer. Terrible coach that back stabs his players. No one wants to play for him or his basketball style.

Turns the Rockets from 41 wins to 55....earns his second Coach of the Year award....gets one of the best available players on the market who really wasn't available but forced his was onto MD's team.

Yea, a player backstabber and a cancer!! Who would want to play for him?!?
The rockets won 56 games two years ago.

He also benched Pau Gasol for Earl Clark. He took Nash/Kobe/MWP/Gasol/Dwight to the 7th seed in the West and got swept by San Antonio. Speaking of San Antonio, how many times is he going to lose to them in the playoffs? Yeah, cool, you won 55 games... you face the Spurs without Tony and a hurt Kawhi and you still lose. How many times is he going to lose to san antonio before he stops winning coaching awards? Nash and Amare? Can't beat San Antonio. Kobe and Gasol? Can't beat San Antonio. Harden and San Antonio without Parker, Kawhi, or Duncan? Stillll can't beat san antonio.

fuck mike d'antoni as a staff, a record label, and as a m***** f****ng crew. And if you're down with mike d'antoni....
In Thibs we trust.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
H20Knick

Koopa Troopa wrote:
Or maybe D'antoni learned from his mistakes and grew as a coach and a person. Why is that not talked about? Its been many years now since he coached in NY
Valid. Nothing like an assistant head coaching job in philadelphia to teach you to be humble.
In Thibs we trust.

spree#8

Via ESPN: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1975 ... on-rockets
Sources told Eaves that Paul had become unhappy with Doc Rivers over the preferential treatment of his son over other guys on the roster. Sources told Eaves that Doc Rivers would yell at guys for certain things during games and practices, but would not get on Austin Rivers in the same manner for similar transgressions.

In addition, sources told Eaves that Paul lost both trust and faith in his coach after Doc Rivers ultimately declined a trade last season that would have sent Carmelo Anthony and Sasha Vujacic to the Clippers in exchange for Jamal Crawford, Paul Pierce and Austin Rivers.
You can't make that up. The Rockets get Paul, because the Clippers declined a trade for Melo.
#knickstape
H20Knick

spree#8 wrote:Via ESPN: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1975 ... on-rockets

You can't make that up. The Rockets get Paul, because the Clippers declined a trade for Melo.
wowwwww. i just lost all respect for doc.
In Thibs we trust.