2017 NBA trade rumors (3 team deal Cavs, Kings, and Utah)

Discuss matters related to other teams, players, and/or the league in general.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

thewatcher
Likes given: 2608

Ainge gave up too much.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
StevoStarks
Likes given: 9

They have the personnel to step in and replace Crowder and obviously Kyrie replaces IT, but they're starting over in a sense and have to rebuild that chemistry. Can't forget they got rid of Bradley as well so there is little continuity between the team that went to the ECF and the team taking the floor next year.

And all of that is fine, they have talent.....but that pick they gave up.....not sure about that, especially in a loaded draft next year.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1121

OH MY GOD, IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED
spree#8
Likes given: 540

Very interesting trade! Cleveland giving Irving to their biggest rival in the East comes as a surprise, though of course that's exactly the kind of deal the Celtics had to make at some point with the assets they have. I like the trade for both teams. Irving, Hayward, Horford, Tatum, Brown and still lots of picks is a better core than they had, because Kyrie is younger and bigger (which should help defensively). Still Thomas is nearly as good at the moment, so getting Crowder and the Nets 2018 pick on top is a fantastic return for Cleveland.

Good and bad for us: good because a) we couldn't have afforded such a steep price and b) the Irving situation might have been a hold-up for the Melo situation, but also bad, because Irving's timeline fits better with the young core the Celtics are building, so they could stay even longer relevant.
#knickstape
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 246

thewatcher wrote:Ainge gave up too much.
He did but its still pretty inconsequential in the grand scheme of what they wanna do. I listed why in the main page thread but they had the assets to use so they used them. They still got a ton of young players and picks and the guys they traded wouldve been a hefty price in FA and don't fit as well as Kyrie and Haywood in the youth movement. What crazy is they got younger and still have the same chance of being as good. It also cleans up thier rotation. Let's guys like Tatum and Brown get more minutes
cragganmor
Likes given: 93

Celts got much younger, longer and more athletic; they have their roster set for years to come. Cavs got back an allstar, a top draft pick and a strong role player complimenting lbj. Good trade for both.
taowave
Likes given: 817

If Thomas's hip is totally fine,you are definitely correct.
The little fellow had one hell of a year.Throw in Crowder and the Nets pick and I really am not sure what the hell Ainge was thinking...Is Kyrie that much better than a healthy Thomas??
thewatcher wrote:Ainge gave up too much.
Boston_PuppyDawg
Likes given: 0

Suns finalizing deal to send Eric Bledsoe to Bucks, league sources tell @ZachLowe_NBA and me.
Calderon: "It’s no fun when you try to win for the Knicks and people want you out of the Knicks.” (2/18/16)
Boston_PuppyDawg

Phoenix finalizing deal to send Eric Bledsoe to Milwaukee for Greg Monroe and a first-round draft pick, sources tell @ZachLowe_NBA and me.
Calderon: "It’s no fun when you try to win for the Knicks and people want you out of the Knicks.” (2/18/16)
spree#8

Boston_PuppyDawg wrote:Phoenix finalizing deal to send Eric Bledsoe to Milwaukee for Greg Monroe and a first-round draft pick, sources tell @ZachLowe_NBA and me.
That's a solid return for Phoenix and probably a gamble worth taking for Milwaukee (because of lottery protection).
#knickstape
thewatcher
Likes given: 2608

Greg Monroe played well for The Bucks in the playoffs; Kidd in his never-ending search for a PG.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
StevoStarks

And Brogdan is good. Bledsoe and he going to share the court a bunch?
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
n8 the gr8
Likes given: 158

Pretty good trade for both teams. I'm excited for Milawaukee. I'm sure I'll come to hate them soon enough but for now I'd like to see that team make some noise.
"dam,we got a crier"
~tao

"Throw Payton out and get it over with. I'm getting hungry."
~Clyde
StevoStarks

Would you guys give up a 1st round pick to get Noah off this team for Monroe’s expiring? I don’t think I would, PTSD from the Zeke years, and Noah will be gone before we know it.
- Dr. Seuss

- taowave

- rynyk222
ISIAH_THOMAS
Likes given: 52

StevoStarks wrote:Would you guys give up a 1st round pick to get Noah off this team for Monroe’s expiring? I don’t think I would, PTSD from the Zeke years, and Noah will be gone before we know it.
Nope
Fxck Adam Silver
shakespeare

I would've never traded for Bledsoe.

The knee surgeries scare me.

I felt like they had enough with Parker, Giannis and Middleton. What they needed, in my humble opinion, were some pure shooters.

But we'll see.
#TeamTank
Koopa Troopa

shakespeare wrote:I would've never traded for Bledsoe.

The knee surgeries scare me.

I felt like they had enough with Parker, Giannis and Middleton. What they needed, in my humble opinion, were some pure shooters.

But we'll see.
Agreed they are in dire need of shooters. Its weird how Teletovic has regressed so much, he used to shoot really well on the Nets and now hes extremely inconsistent. Bucks rely a LOT on Middleton and Snell to hit the outside shots and its tough to win that way. Even if Bledsoe comes as advertised this issue will remain... Clog the paint, make them shoot, watch them miss.

This is a big gamble. Monroe is a really good player to give up. He carried their second unit. Reminded me of Elden Campbell from the Hornet years.
spree#8

StevoStarks wrote:Would you guys give up a 1st round pick to get Noah off this team for Monroe’s expiring? I don’t think I would, PTSD from the Zeke years, and Noah will be gone before we know it.
Of course not.
#knickstape
Boston_PuppyDawg

NKN: Philly will send Okafor, Nik Stauskas, and a second-round pick to Brooklyn for Trevor Booker, sources say.

Sources: Brooklyn will receive the Knicks‘ 2019 second-round pick in deal, and release guard Sean Kilpatrick to create roster space for Okafor and Nik Stauskas.
Koopa Troopa

Boston_PuppyDawg wrote:NKN: Philly will send Okafor, Nik Stauskas, and a second-round pick to Brooklyn for Trevor Booker, sources say.

Sources: Brooklyn will receive the Knicks‘ 2019 second-round pick in deal, and release guard Sean Kilpatrick to create roster space for Okafor and Nik Stauskas.
Knicks could use Kilpatrick if they dont wanna bring up Burke (Why havent they brought him up yet??). Hes not terrible, averaged 13 4 and 2 last season. Anything thats not Sessions or Baker for the third string spot. :?

With that said though it is telling that Kilpatrick couldnt crack the rotation even after Lin and Russel went down. They are using Levert as somewhat of a backup PG even though hes 100 percent not a PG. So :? :arrow: